Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

apparantly moama's Kirk Teasdale is looking for another club after falling out with coach Chris Waterson already.

apparantly moama's Kirk Teasdale is looking for another club after falling out with coach Chris Waterson already.
Have asked this before without much response so ill ask again. I come across to echuca every easter to ski & get on the sauce at good friday game united v moama. moama seemed to have lost the plot last few years fighting, poor skills and seem to play without any game plan or direction. good facilities so whats the problem?

Ricky Windridge. were is he heading?

Ricky-boy is heading up to Queensland with a german backpacker mate and is planning on continuing the trip around the world with his mate. Was thought that even if he was to be in Victoria he still may not of been playing footy this year. Will be missed by Moama I would have thought. Hope all goes well for him!!:)

who is this bloke teasedale anyway??

A handy twos player who played two or three matches with the seniors last year. As far as I know, he was never super keen to play senior football. Just ran around in the twos for a bit of fun.

Skrobalaks brother was hit with a baseball bat and rumours are he made a call the person that done this. i think you would all do the same.

I seen him last week at the torquay pub and spoke with him. The sponsorship had nothing to do with the sacking.
Maybe you should ask why 40 players were willing to walk with him?

Rumour is he is going up to Barooga in the next month for a look around, but still waiting on grounds in Geelong.

Have asked this before without much response so ill ask again. I come across to echuca every easter to ski & get on the sauce at good friday game united v moama. moama seemed to have lost the plot last few years fighting, poor skills and seem to play without any game plan or direction. good facilities so whats the problem?

snail, apparantly after todd viney's first year as coach (2003?) when they lost the prelim he told all the older senior players (most had kids) that unless they all did a full pre-season then they would find it hard to get a game the next year. thus after a very successful previous 10 years they all of a sudden lost 12-15 quality senior players (95% gave the game away) who couldn't committ 150%. viney must have made a mistake and thought he was living the 24/7 life & demands of a afl player/coach.

needless to say the past few years have been very much re-building due to losing so many players at once. also the same very reliable source (re viney) said this year the club is back in the black for the first time in a few years after major $$ issues with the running of the books.

you are right though, very good facilities and a great club from all reports.

Tongala signings so far; Michael Roberts (Tat)
Matt Ohlsen (Rushy, returning)
Daniel Cox (Rushy, returning)
Simon Harrison (Stanhope)
Kyle Harrison (Stanhope)
How are other sides going, here a bit about Barooga obviously and that Nathalia will have most of last years side fronting up again, Echuca Utd similar although Hueston has been training at his old club Shepp Utd. Mulwala looking good. Toc will improve picked up Pollard and Warnett from Tat, and Downie from Yarroweyah. Moama struggling, Any news on other clubs?

Tongala signings so far; Michael Roberts (Tat)
Matt Ohlsen (Rushy, returning)
Daniel Cox (Rushy, returning)
Simon Harrison (Stanhope)
Kyle Harrison (Stanhope)
How are other sides going, here a bit about Barooga obviously and that Nathalia will have most of last years side fronting up again, Echuca Utd similar although Hueston has been training at his old club Shepp Utd. Mulwala looking good. Toc will improve picked up Pollard and Warnett from Tat, and Downie from Yarroweyah. Moama struggling, Any news on other clubs?

Apparently Rumbalara has got a policy that if you have played 200 games for the club you ordimatically get $200 a game. I presume this is to get there old players back. I think Mark Atkinson is coaching them this year, so when he usually coaches them he gets the best out of them. So they could be a surpirse packet this year, but I would not say a premiership threat.

Rumba have got afew players coming back clint edwards, alan thorpe, a couple of boys from the WAFL possibly, a couple of afew players from a premiership side and are speaking to afew others around the traps.

i think that 6 or 7 guys who would of been automatic starters last year, injurys, displinary reasons etc are committing so they should go ok.

with that automatically getting $200 a game is wrong, they have a very good scheme for all players 6, 12 and 18 games ex amount of dollars etc.

Alan thorpe is still contracted with the club that he played at last year .
He will be staying there.
Rumba have got afew players coming back clint edwards, alan thorpe, a couple of boys from the WAFL possibly, a couple of afew players from a premiership side and are speaking to afew others around the traps.

i think that 6 or 7 guys who would of been automatic starters last year, injurys, displinary reasons etc are committing so they should go ok.

with that automatically getting $200 a game is wrong, they have a very good scheme for all players 6, 12 and 18 games ex amount of dollars etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for confirming the $200 game thing because I found it hard to beleive also. If a players is not worth it why would you pay it unless he is bringing players to the club

Is Edwards one of those players from the WAFL, and how does he go?

Nunga Edwards will be very very handy with a season on WAFL experience under his belt. Thought Thorpey was saying up at Wakool after kicking 80 odd in a premiership side.

Alan thorpe is still contracted with the club that he played at last year .
He will be staying there.

everyone knows that a contract is not worth anything and word is that he wants to go and help out at Rumba. Wakool will lose afew of the melbourne boys this year probably, i would think with matty graham, harro and a couple of others not going back i can't see thorpey staying.

Nunga Edwards will be very very handy with a season on WAFL experience under his belt. Thought Thorpey was saying up at Wakool after kicking 80 odd in a premiership side.

Nunga's will be very handy and he other 2 from the wafl will be also if they decide to stay aswell.

i think the travel and a couple of the other boys ain't going back, so he is considering helping out mark atkinson at Rumba.

Nunga's will be very handy and he other 2 from the wafl will be also if they decide to stay aswell.

i think the travel and a couple of the other boys ain't going back, so he is considering helping out mark atkinson at Rumba.

Rumba a chance to get Harro back, and Adam Kearney would be handy too if he's leaving Wakool also.

Rumba a chance to get Harro back, and Adam Kearney would be handy too if he's leaving Wakool also.

i think harro has retired, don't know what adam and the other boys are doing, maybe thorpey can get them to go to rumba for a season they have a really good payment plan this year and it will benefit all senior players which is a good thing.

i heard that leighten briggs, joel ritchie, josh atkinson, jade mathyssen and a couple of others are putting in big pre season's, so all these guys will be like new recruits considering that they only played 3 or 4 senior games between them all.

how's your recruiting going doona?any boys from yea heading in your direction or any ex dv boys maybe?

Thanks for confirming the $200 game thing because I found it hard to beleive also. If a players is not worth it why would you pay it unless he is bringing players to the club

the payment arrangements i hear are set payments for senior players win/lose or draw and with every senior game you play it goes up.

i reckon that is a good idea and it will make players work hard on the track/games and hopefully there is a fine system in place non attendance at training/send off's etc and that will be a good thing for the club and community.

come to think about it, i might try to get fit and pull on the boots agin.

i think harro has retired, don't know what adam and the other boys are doing, maybe thorpey can get them to go to rumba for a season they have a really good payment plan this year and it will benefit all senior players which is a good thing.

i heard that leighten briggs, joel ritchie, josh atkinson, jade mathyssen and a couple of others are putting in big pre season's, so all these guys will be like new recruits considering that they only played 3 or 4 senior games between them all.

how's your recruiting going doona?any boys from yea heading in your direction or any ex dv boys maybe?

How does leighten briggs go?

Briggs coulda been anything I reckon, in the 4 years I was involved in competition against you blokes he was always the main bloke we tried to negate.

Broady will be competitve, I have Billy Neilson coming home as an assistant, but aint spoke to any other Yea blokes wouldnt be good form as I enjoyed some great successes with some great people over at Yea and have too much respect to poach from em.

What do you guys think of a Murray & Picola League merger? Makes 28 teams. Play in 3 divisions. Ten in div 1, 9 in div 2 and 9 in div 3. Would be some sort of promotion/relegation system. I don't know if you would base it on senior ladder position or club champion points. Food for thought?

Div one would be the top ten from MFL
Div two would be bottom 3 MFL and top 6 PDFL
Div three would be bottom 9 PDFL

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back