Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

What do you guys think of a Murray & Picola League merger? Makes 28 teams. Play in 3 divisions. Ten in div 1, 9 in div 2 and 9 in div 3. Any thoughts?

With piccola league having a lot of smaller towns and murray having a bit bigger on towns is it still a disadvantage for the smaller towns i mean do they really ever have a chance of playing in div 1 cause that would be everyone's aim.

Sounds like an idea that has a bit of merit to it.

With piccola league having a lot of smaller towns and murray having a bit bigger on towns is it still a disadvantage for the smaller towns i mean do they really ever have a chance of playing in div 1 cause that would be everyone's aim.

Sounds like an idea that has a bit of merit to it.

I don't think all teams would be looking for Div one. But it would allow for a bit of movement when teams get strong or weak. Barooga was a PDFL team remember! And Berrigan & Strathy were also MFL teams, look at where they are now!!

I cannot see a Tungamah League reform, but a three tiered system 'Murray Valley Football League' would have several advantages. Promotion and relegation would have to be very careful.

The big tip from Moama is Kirk "the big easy" Teasdale has had a massive off season on the weights and could nearly cement a place in the seconds. He has also kicked off a campaign to have the Moama rec reserve named after himself. If anyone has any thoughts on this i would love to hear them.

I don't think all teams would be looking for Div one. But it would allow for a bit of movement when teams get strong or weak. Barooga was a PDFL team remember! And Berrigan & Strathy were also MFL teams, look at where they are now!!

I cannot see a Tungamah League reform, but a three tiered system 'Murray Valley Football League' would have several advantages. Promotion and relegation would have to be very careful.

yep I reckon your on the money with this one, but the old Tungamah format would be the answer to fixing this issue. The other thought was that the Murrray league will stay the same and the NSW and area sides would play in the Coreen league and the Picola would stay the same with the rest of the teams:(

Moama Football Club are really showing how desperate they are for players. A large sign plastered across the front gate to their home ground reads: "PLAYERS WANTED, Call 035480xxxx". I dont think you could get much more desperate than that to try and gain players.

Adrian Dohnt will kick ass in GV for Echuca. Best move he has ever made leaving Moama. Restricted talent playing with that bunch of nuffies.

Moama Football Club are really showing how desperate they are for players. A large sign plastered across the front gate to their home ground reads: "PLAYERS WANTED, Call 035480xxxx". I dont think you could get much more desperate than that to try and gain players.

Adrian Dohnt will kick ass in GV for Echuca. Best move he has ever made leaving Moama. Restricted talent playing with that bunch of nuffies.

I don't think that is desperate, more like doing all they can to get new recruits around the club and being open to all avenues of player recruiting.

whats more desperate is when coaches/clubs promise players big amounts of cash and don't come good with the cash that reeks of desperation.

I don't think that is desperate, more like doing all they can to get new recruits around the club and being open to all avenues of player recruiting.

whats more desperate is when coaches/clubs promise players big amounts of cash and don't come good with the cash that reeks of desperation.

Any club in particular Boora?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not normally on the Murray League thread but have the odd look:
Willo: Notice you really like paying out on Moama whenever you can. However mate Echuca Football Club had a similiar sign up in the Caledonian Hotel, guess they are desperate as well. Doesnt cost anything and if you get one quality player out of it, definatley worth it especially in a tourist town with so many people passing through. As for calling them nuffies, you have to play them yet so make sure you get a kick, would hate to see you get towelled up a by a nuffy.

im not from this league i was just wondering how mul should go this year and any pick ups

im not from this league i was just wondering how mul should go this year and any pick ups
Top 3 or 4. Rumour is that Jake Cowman Ruckman from Shepp Utd is going there, a full year out of Stevens will help.

gee willo mate i think you have put your neck on the line here you better play well against them.......but should be ok pal cos there nuffies

P Kirby trained with tocumwal last week. might be one of the recruits of the pre season if they sign the big red head from the kennel!

Geez, he's hawking himself around a bit.

Good on him I say. There are plenty of players far less talented than Kirbs that do the same - at least whoever gets him is guaranteed a proven performer, unlike many of the recruiting disasters you hear about each season.

Not normally on the Murray League thread but have the odd look:
Willo: Notice you really like paying out on Moama whenever you can. However mate Echuca Football Club had a similiar sign up in the Caledonian Hotel, guess they are desperate as well. Doesnt cost anything and if you get one quality player out of it, definatley worth it especially in a tourist town with so many people passing through. As for calling them nuffies, you have to play them yet so make sure you get a kick, would hate to see you get towelled up a by a nuffy.

Yeah well i played against them last year and got cleaned up plenty of times (head shots, kicking, the lot!) so im not too worried about this year. I think i should be able to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back