Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

oh really fri dam it hopefuly i'll get up there in time does it starts at 2? might leave early fri morning to see a good game of country footy

Yeah the senior match is scheduled to start at 2pm. If you are in Melbourne which is 2 - 2.5 hours to Echuca, plus about 45mins further to Deni, as you drive into Deni, you will get to a roundabout turn right and you will be at the ground. There is a big entrance with 2 'Rams' on poles at the gate. Dont expect quality that we are all used to seeing Deni perform in previous years.

Sly Dog said:
From reading the better players in the Shepp News last week the AC must have went ok as he kicked a couple of goal and was named in their best players.

I went and had a look at the footy on Saturday and it was obvious that they are going to struggle a little this season. Many young players making their start in senior footy, however it seems that they need some wise heads with them. With their Coach out at the moment I would have thought that they needed their AC out there more often, particularly when he is a solid contributor. Although I only watched from the outside and for all I know he may have had an injury.

Henderson is going well and has been in the best in both games, mid 30's now and his body needs to be managed not only during the week but on game day, he only spent 10 mins on the pine which is totally acceptable for any footballer in this day and age. Yes it would be handy to have more experienced players out there but you play with what you have got and the performances of some 17 and 18 year olds in the ones has been excellent on top of the U/17s having a very talented side, so the future actually looks very bright for the club in the coming years, if handled well. That means not going out and spending money this year to win an extra 2 or 3 games when that money can be better spent in years to come and actually make a difference by getting us into the finals.

By the way, should have beaten Congupna first round and have Rumba and Moama next two so things might not be so doom and gloom in three weeks time, although it will be a tough road ahead from there.

Hendo has and will bring a lot of experience and wealth of knowledge to the club, and will be a solid player for you blokes so long as he keeps his elbows down and his head over the footy! And i couldnt agree with you more on your long term plan to keep the club strong not only this year, but for many years to come. No-one can expect a club that hasn't won a game in a couple of years to be right up in the finals mix after moving to a slightly lesser quality league. So it should be good to see the Mighty Blues up there in years to come!

willo1 said:
Hendo has and will bring a lot of experience and wealth of knowledge to the club, and will be a solid player for you blokes so long as he keeps his elbows down and his head over the footy! And i couldnt agree with you more on your long term plan to keep the club strong not only this year, but for many years to come. No-one can expect a club that hasn't won a game in a couple of years to be right up in the finals mix after moving to a slightly lesser quality league. So it should be good to see the Mighty Blues up there in years to come!
Henderson about 38ish I think. Sends the average age of the Tonny side to about 22. No doubt about it Tonny need him to stand up and kick goals.

Hey everyone, i heard darren bradshaw from mulwala has a deal to not be involved in any after game functions etc. as he has a poor influence on the club. he has been told to train, go home and turn up to play, warm down, then go home.. if this is true is this really a guy u want to be on your team even if he can play? Sorry if this topic has been discussed but i couldnt be bothered going through all 19 pages to check. I would just like to know how true it is.. thanks guys:thumbsu:

How is Rumbalara stacking up in the MFL, are there plans to enter the GV on track???

Doona2 said:
How is Rumbalara stacking up in the MFL, are there plans to enter the GV on track???

Not at this stage. They really dont look like much of a side that could maintain that standard. Because if they think that they could compete in the GV league, then half of the Murray League sides could too!

willo1 said:
Not at this stage. They really dont look like much of a side that could maintain that standard. Because if they think that they could compete in the GV league, then half of the Murray League sides could too!

once Rumba find there feet and get a few players back from injury i think they will go alright, expect Rupert Betheras and hickmont to play this week.

Pupster said:
Hey everyone, i heard darren bradshaw from mulwala has a deal to not be involved in any after game functions etc. as he has a poor influence on the club. he has been told to train, go home and turn up to play, warm down, then go home.. if this is true is this really a guy u want to be on your team even if he can play? Sorry if this topic has been discussed but i couldnt be bothered going through all 19 pages to check. I would just like to know how true it is.. thanks guys:thumbsu:

Feel free to answer any time soon..

My tips for Round. 3:

Deniliquin v Finley (Good Friday)
Cobram v Barooga (Good Friday)
Moama v Echuca United (Good Friday)
Mulwala v Numurkah (Saturday)
Rumbalara v Tongala (Saturday)
Tocumwal v Congupna (Good Friday)
Nathalia Bye

Deni should be too strong for a Finley outfit at home, premiership contenders Barooga will defeat Cobram easily, Echuca United in a tough tussle over Moama, Mulwala looking to bounce back against Numurkah, Rumbalara will be too big and strong for the Tongala boys. And Tocumwal in another tight game versus Congupna.

Everyone have a great Easter break!

Congrats to Hank and the Tonny lads, first senior win since they rolled Seymour in 2003 I believe. Great effort by the mfl to give both newcomers Tonny and Rumba a special little mention on the home page today at www.mfl.vcfl.com.au

I see B. Gray was amongst Tonny's best, any chance of not clearing him back Hank!!! Rupert Betheras was also named amongst Rumba's best in his first game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are the Seniors Results for Rd.3:

Deniliquin 13.9 (87) v Finley 10.6 (66)
Cobram 6.5 (41) v Barooga 16.8 (104)
Moama 8.6 (54) v Echuca United 16.10 (106)
Mulwala 16.12 (108) v Numurkah 11.6 (72)
Rumbalara 8.10 (58) v Tongala 11.19 (85)
Tocumwal 18.15 (123) v Congupna 8.12 (60)

As Doona has already mentioned, congratulations to Hank and the Tonny boys on their first win in a long while! I bet tonight will be huge for you boys! Well Done and i hope this is the first of many to come.

Barts said:
G'day, im going up for a holiday to Cobram this weekend(22nd) and i was wondering if they are playing at home, if not are Barooga playing at home?

G'Day Barts,
Barooga will be lining up against Deniliquin at the Burkinshaw St. Oval in Barooga, this Saturday (22nd April). My early tip is that Barooga will have a reasonably comfortable win againsed the Rams.

willo1 said:
G'Day Barts,
Barooga will be lining up against Deniliquin at the Burkinshaw St. Oval in Barooga, this Saturday (22nd April). My early tip is that Barooga will have a reasonably comfortable win againsed the Rams.

Thanks for that. No Cobram game? And who are the players to watch from Barooga? And what numbers are they?
Cheers

Barts said:
Thanks for that. No Cobram game? And who are the players to watch from Barooga? And what numbers are they?
Cheers

Not a problem mate. No Cobram game, Only 3 games in Rd. 4, all other teams have the bye. Barooga have a star studded line up, im not 100% sure on names, but they are a well tuned side from what i have heard. Maybe someone else on BigFooty could post a few names of Barooga players.

willo1 said:
Not a problem mate. No Cobram game, Only 3 games in Rd. 4, all other teams have the bye. Barooga have a star studded line up, im not 100% sure on names, but they are a well tuned side from what i have heard. Maybe someone else on BigFooty could post a few names of Barooga players.

The sports club up there would be behind the reason of a star studded team wouldnt it?

Yeah massive sponsorship, but they had a massive recruitment campaign over the summer.

Doona2 said:
Congrats to Hank and the Tonny lads, first senior win since they rolled Seymour in 2003 I believe. Great effort by the mfl to give both newcomers Tonny and Rumba a special little mention on the home page today at www.mfl.vcfl.com.au

I see B. Gray was amongst Tonny's best, any chance of not clearing him back Hank!!! Rupert Betheras was also named amongst Rumba's best in his first game

Cheers Doona and Willo, yeah I'm sure a few KDL sides would like that to happen, but no chance, helped us out and he'll be back at the lions den next week. Betheras was serviceable, definately in need of a couple of runs though, as most of Rumba are. Fitness will mean they will find it very hard for atleast the first half of the year. Can be damaging in patches though if allowed.

Yeah big night and morning fellas, let the boys lap it up, especially with the bye next weekend. What an opportunity when we get back into it though, Moama for chance at two in a row, who would of thought!!

I saw the Rumba v Tonny game yesterday, and one of the things that struck me about Tonny's side was the number of kids playing in the seniors (that Shannon Tucker's got a good pair of hands, doesn't he ?), and thier ability not to get brow beaten by bigger, tougher opponents, after a pretty even first half, where I thought that Rumba should've walked away with the match (they used the wind poorly, and the scoreline at half time flattered Tonny), Tonny bolted out of the blocks and should've buried them in the 3rd quarter (your ruckman hitting the post 15 metres out with no-one around him was a high (or low) light).

But, if you were a Tonny supporter, not only should you be proud of the way you played (you were the better side when it mattered), not because you broke the drought, but the fact that your kids played well, and that augours well for the rest of the year, and you should be more than competitive this year, and a win like that will provide the self belief they surely need.

Tonny should do pretty well in the MFL, provided that they hang onto thier juniors and gradually start building thier list over time.

Congrats Tonny, you've earned it.

Im from Ballarat way and a young player by the name of Bill Barnes from Deni has made his way down. Just wondering how he goes? does have a big solid frame

DOCKERS said:
Im from Ballarat way and a young player by the name of Bill Barnes from Deni has made his way down. Just wondering how he goes? does have a big solid frame

Yeah I know young Billy, Great kid and excellent footballer. Has got a good body size, as do alot of the kids from up Deni way. Other players from up that way who could make it big are George Johnston and Jack Lloyd. Billy is on a scholarship down in Ballarat, and George and Jack on scholarships down in Geelong.

Big congratulations to you hank and the rest of the boys at TFC.

Would have been great to see the look on some of the boys faces singing the theme song after the game.

Good to see my old mate liam brennan in some good form in the middle and was it him missing the goal from 15m in front that was talked about in previous ppsts, if so it does not surprise me!!

Good to hear the likes of shan tucker receiving some kudos too, his old man would be wrapped.

Lets hope the boys can back it up with another win over Moama in a fortnight.

Travvy43 said:
Big congratulations to you hank and the rest of the boys at TFC.

Would have been great to see the look on some of the boys faces singing the theme song after the game.

Good to see my old mate liam brennan in some good form in the middle and was it him missing the goal from 15m in front that was talked about in previous ppsts, if so it does not surprise me!!

Good to hear the likes of shan tucker receiving some kudos too, his old man would be wrapped.

Lets hope the boys can back it up with another win over Moama in a fortnight.

Cheers Travvy, yeah that was big Lurch, more than made up for it though. Will give it a good shot against Moama. All the best to you blokes in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back