Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

Speaking of recruits how are Moama shaping up for season 2007??? Players Ins/Outs, i've heard a few have left!!! Is Clarke still coach??

Believe they have lost Troy Gread, Ricky Windridge, Adrian Dohnt and Rory Priddle, so have a bit of work to build from there as they would have been in there best half dozen this year.
Former Fitzroy player Chris Waterson has taken over the reins from Clarke, and Anthony Stevens is the Junior Development Officer.
They have picked up Travis Wayman from Tallygaroopna in the KDFL, Full Forward who has kicked 200 goals over the last two years but would be now on the wrong side of 35.

Do you know where Dohnt has gone to??? He is a gun!!!! Tough in and out player, he will be sorely missed by the moers!!!! Hopefully they can pick up a few and improve in 07!

Do you know where Dohnt has gone to??? He is a gun!!!! Tough in and out player, he will be sorely missed by the moers!!!! Hopefully they can pick up a few and improve in 07!

Across the Murray to Echuca in the GV

McGuane was the reason Gisborne have had so much success, yes Toll got him there in the first place. Can't see McGuane stepping back to the country, I'm sure that there will be jobs downtown for him for many years to come. The inclusion of Stevens at Moama is a huge bonus and maybe he is the man they will look to to lead them post 2007 and be Moama's McGuane!

McGuane is signed to coach Balwyn in the Eastern Football League in Melbourne. I think for 2 years and I know the club has plenty of business owners throwing heaps of dough in this year.
Balwyn major sponsor this year as has been for the last 3-4 is a brothel. Imagine the best on ground awards....

Speaking of recruits how are Moama shaping up for season 2007??? Players Ins/Outs, i've heard a few have left!!! Is Clarke still coach??
I no they have high hopes that Trav Wayman will kick goals for them, he played in a couple practive matches last year for them and kicked bags but ended up playing for Tally

is David "Daffy" Rhode still playing or has he given up the boots? Went to school with the fellow.

News out of Deni, recently appointed Seniors Coach Chris Mitsch has announced his resignation.

The reason stated in the Pastoral Times was that a number of players had threatened to leave the club if he was to continue on as coach for the 2007 season.

There has been no official appointment of a new coach, but word is that current players Leigh Marshall and Troy Bartlett will share the role.

News out of Deni, recently appointed Seniors Coach Chris Mitsch has announced his resignation.

The reason stated in the Pastoral Times was that a number of players had threatened to leave the club if he was to continue on as coach for the 2007 season.

There has been no official appointment of a new coach, but word is that current players Leigh Marshall and Troy Bartlett will share the role.
have Deni got the ability to be powerhouse again or is there depth of players not there anymore

I no they have high hopes that Trav Wayman will kick goals for them, he played in a couple practive matches last year for them and kicked bags but ended up playing for Tally

Wayman is a sheepdog. He is lazy. Wasn't up to the Picola League so shot through to the KDFL. No way he would be committed enough to achieve anything in the Murray League.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad news for deni, but couldnt have happened to a better club

have Deni got the ability to be powerhouse again or is there depth of players not there anymore

Alot of their better players are being offered big dollars from other towns, mostly clubs from the CMFL.

But with those players having close ties to Marshall and Bartlett off the field, I could see many of them staying to play under them.

They have a number of strong young players who will get progressivly better, and should be enough to see them reach the finals. Not too sure how well they will match up againest the Mulwala's and Nathalia's, but if they can stay injury free, unlike last season, they will be very competitive.

The loss of key on-baller Andrew Donaldson will be a huge loss. Was a NSW/ACT state representative at the country championships last year.

Believe they have lost Troy Gread, Ricky Windridge, Adrian Dohnt and Rory Priddle, so have a bit of work to build from there as they would have been in there best half dozen this year.
Former Fitzroy player Chris Waterson has taken over the reins from Clarke, and Anthony Stevens is the Junior Development Officer.
They have picked up Travis Wayman from Tallygaroopna in the KDFL, Full Forward who has kicked 200 goals over the last two years but would be now on the wrong side of 35.

Where is Priddle playing next year and is the new coach a playing coach, also is Stevens going to play?

Player revolt roasts Ram

By Wes Cusworth and Nathan Holahan
January 3 2007
Shepparton News

Deniliquin Rams are in the hunt for a new coach after the shock resignation of Chris Mitsch late last week.

"A group of senior players met and expressed their concern with Chris continuing as coach," Rams president Wayne Pitts said yesterday.

"Some indicated that they would leave if he continued and as a consequence Chris decided to stand down in the best interests of the club."

Mitsch took the reins at the Murray Football League club in 2005, following the four-peat premiership success of predecessor Gary Parsons.

Mitsch said the news that he did not have the support of all players "came out of the blue".

I spoke to them at the end of last season and they told me they were excited and wanted to play under me," Mitsch said.

"I personally hope these blokes that caused all this trouble now realise that they have a responsibility to commit to the club.

"The club can now expect a longterm commitment from these players."

Pitts said the club was still looking at its options for a replacement coach, but had not ruled out the possibility of 2005 assistantcoach Leigh Marshall stepping up into the role.

I also heard that moama had signed Shane Thorne from Dimboola in the wimmera football league where he kicked 6 goals in there grand final loss this year. I think he is from Darwin but will be a handy recruit by all reports.

Wayman is a sheepdog. He is lazy. Wasn't up to the Picola League so shot through to the KDFL. No way he would be committed enough to achieve anything in the Murray League.

sheepdog my ass mate the only sheepdog is the one who watches and doesnt play sounds like you!!PS you must be a old katandra player who did get a game under Trav!!!your user name should be i ve a chip on my shoulder

sheepdog my ass mate the only sheepdog is the one who watches and doesnt play sounds like you!!PS you must be a old katandra player who did get a game under Trav!!!your user name should be i ve a chip on my shoulder

mercs, have you got a split personality or somethin you have already replied to that quote on page 68 and didnt seem to upset by it, but now you've paid out on the one who watches,

just wonderin why the change???

mercs, have you got a split personality or somethin you have already replied to that quote on page 68 and didnt seem to upset by it, but now you've paid out on the one who watches,

just wonderin why the change???
Sorry Woodlands but mate went in and done reply just to stir me up and no I dont have split personality

We would love to have trav wayman at our club !
The man can get the ball and kick goals and if i rember right he kicked that one piont in the grand final.
Thats how much they won buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back