Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

I think this might have already been posted but not sure. Byers wont be pulling the boots on because his knee is no good. He has a similar injury to Sir Lancelot, bone on bone in his knee.

Who has said that the players recruited are going to tear the MFL apart? I cant say that i have seen it posted or heard anyone saying it as yet. All the talk is there will be improvements. I think that Haz done job at Barooga dont forget he did his shoulder and should have missed more games with that then he did. Liddell well no one likes the bloke, not even ppl at the club he plays for. I remember being at a 21st in Barooga earlier this year and a couple of his team mates were going to knock his head off. Says alot about a bloke if your own team doesnt like you in my opinion.

when harrop and liddell where first reported to being signed by Barooga the Shepp news i think said both would be dominating players. it is easy to see how no one likes liddell, i think he suffers heavily from small man syndrome.

Barooga have thrown an extra couple of hundred at Mellington then Toc has from the reports im getting.

I have also heard that Mul will be losing a few, not sure if it will be 30+ though. i heard 15 are leaving, you would think if they lost 30 players the wouldnt be able to get a reserves side together. Thats a huge turn over.

massive turn over it would be a shock for the club going from senior prelim finalists and reserve premiers to struggling to put two sides together

I think this might have already been posted but not sure. Byers wont be pulling the boots on because his knee is no good. He has a similar injury to Sir Lancelot, bone on bone in his knee.

thats bad luck for Byers is a great player

posted ealier on the picola thread. for those that don't look at it

Former Deniliquin Premiership player Andrew May will be playing for Deni Rovers in 2008.

A couple of Barooga seniors players seen with Ex St Kilda Player Aussie Jones, could he be a potential player or is he friends with the players.

aussie was down for the weekend on a golf trip, he isnt coaching next year so could be on the move but i dont think/hope not that he will go to barooga, but you never no with the money barooga are splashing around they could attract anyone

when harrop and liddell where first reported to being signed by Barooga the Shepp news i think said both would be dominating players. it is easy to see how no one likes liddell, i think he suffers heavily from small man syndrome.

massive turn over it would be a shock for the club going from senior prelim finalists and reserve premiers to struggling to put two sides together

thats bad luck for Byers is a great player
How many goals did Haz finish the year with?

Just a few things i've heard on the grapevine in this wonderful silly season.

Mellington to sign with Barooga not Toc as people think

A couple of Barooga seniors players seen with Ex St Kilda Player Aussie Jones, could he be a potential player or is he friends with the players.

This is my favorite so far possibly no truth to it but maybe the tron burger can help. Mulwala look set to lose 30+ from their list this season, surely 30 odd people can't be leaving due to money. Maybe not the best decision by the Mul board.

As said at the top it is the silly season so this could just be all bull

The Grapevine said that he was offered 750 at Toc + Assistant role, somethin he didn't want cause he just wants to play without the responsibility

Who has said that the players recruited are going to tear the MFL apart? I cant say that i have seen it posted or heard anyone saying it as yet. All the talk is there will be improvements. I think that Haz done job at Barooga dont forget he did his shoulder and should have missed more games with that then he did. Liddell well no one likes the bloke, not even ppl at the club he plays for. I remember being at a 21st in Barooga earlier this year and a couple of his team mates were going to knock his head off. Says alot about a bloke if your own team doesnt like you in my opinion.
am i getting the impression
that some of the boys at barooga dont like liddell thats unusual i think it was the same at seymour

I just looked on the Murray league website and he kicked 95 goals. If that isnt dominant tell me how many goals you would need a bloke to kick to be in ure dominant class?

I know i thought that when i looked on the website as well but when you look into it he kicked around 20 in the finals, so he finished the home and away season on around 75. it still is a large number but you look into it again and he kicked big bags against the teams that finished in the bottom 4 or 5, when he played against Nath Mul Ech Fin and Congu he kicked about 25 all up.

It's fine to dominate against the bottom sides, but i think the team will get sick of it if you can't do it against the better sides when it counts the most. so maybe i should have put he dominates against the bottom sides but doesn't have much impact in the tougher games.

I know i thought that when i looked on the website as well but when you look into it he kicked around 20 in the finals, so he finished the home and away season on around 75. it still is a large number but you look into it again and he kicked big bags against the teams that finished in the bottom 4 or 5, when he played against Nath Mul Ech Fin and Congu he kicked about 25 all up.

It's fine to dominate against the bottom sides, but i think the team will get sick of it if you can't do it against the better sides when it counts the most. so maybe i should have put he dominates against the bottom sides but doesn't have much impact in the tougher games.

I still think 70 goals is a pretty dominant performance. Only one bloke kicked more then him for the year. Your a tough task master bystanding backman.

Liddell Suffers from major little man sindrome... i think that sums him up to a tee..... surely Barooga spending all this money can't be good for any club!!! I would love to know how many locals under the age of 25 they have in there team..... look at Mul it just shows that money can stuff up a club pretty quickly. Surely Byers has to be feeling guilty taking all there money.... Byers isn't a bad bloke outside footy ...BUT....and as for some of the players... specially the shep blokes it shows no loyalty what so ever..... i'll put the house on it that soon as the money drys up they will piss off!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think 70 goals is a pretty dominant performance. Only one bloke kicked more then him for the year. Your a tough task master bystanding backman.

With players like byers and the O'callaghan brothers pumping the footy inside 50 with great disposal kicking 70 goals would of been a par score. Did miss a few games with injury but was very good against us (united) in the final this year. Would of been on massive coin also.

How much money can barooga spend with all these players they are supposed to be getting? There budget must be $300,000.

In todays shepp news it states that Finley are struggling to get a coach. perhaps Sexton will take on the job again. No news from rumba either, i thought Gilbert Mcadam would be the perfect coach.

In todays shepp news it states that Finley are struggling to get a coach. perhaps Sexton will take on the job again. No news from rumba either, i thought Gilbert Mcadam would be the perfect coach.

Yeah we're all waiting to see who got the job. I doubt it'll be Gilbert (i think he just wants to play) but i was told they'll announce there decision this Friday.

Any clubs started on the training track as yet?

yeah we've started our "boot camp" training. it's open to footballers and netballers, more conditiond training then anything i reckon, but still good value. But our serious pre season hasn't started yet.
when are you'se planning to start hank?

yeah we've started our "boot camp" training. it's open to footballers and netballers, more conditiond training then anything i reckon, but still good value. But our serious pre season hasn't started yet.
when are you'se planning to start hank?

We started last Friday night, and Mon, wed, & Fri till xmas. 33 and 35 on the track so far, which are good numbers for us.

Bystanding backman its easy to say that Harrop was pretty much not worthy against the good sides because he didnt kick big bags in the home and away season and his teammates would be sick of it that he doesnt stand up when it counts but to me FINALS is when it counts and you said he kicked 20 goals in 4 finals appearances thats 5 goals a game. Correct me if im wrong but thats standing up when it counts in my books?????????

guy campbell, luke jones and baker all having a run with locky.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: next year that is.:D:D:D

Guy Campbell has definitely signed with Echuca for 2008 and Luke Jones is moving to Perth to live. Anthony Baker is undecided between an offer with Lockington as assistant coach and offers to play at a couple of other local clubs. I tip that he won't accept an assistant coaches role at Locky. :thumbsu:

Guy Campbell has definitely signed with Echuca for 2008 and Luke Jones is moving to Perth to live. Anthony Baker is undecided between an offer with Lockington as assistant coach and offers to play at a couple of other local clubs. I tip that he won't accept an assistant coaches role at Locky. :thumbsu:

Is he a chance to return to echuca:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back