Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was in shepp news the other week. Ben warnett was in the murray league clearences. and what about Dundovic he is gone. and with the cobram signings most of their young players have left because they are not happy with them.. words from their assistant coach. matt dwyer played for queensland country last year which won the championships and Luke Cown is a priemership player straight out of the SAFL

That's not true at all..the only young players that have left are the boys going to uni in Ballarat. Three went to Yarroweyah at the end of 08 for coin and since then one has returned..all the boys are happy and pretty excited about what should be a good year on and off the field..

it was in shepp news the other week. Ben warnett was in the murray league clearences. and what about Dundovic he is gone. and with the cobram signings most of their young players have left because they are not happy with them.. words from their assistant coach. matt dwyer played for queensland country last year which won the championships and Luke Cown is a priemership player straight out of the SAFL

Ben Is Lee Warnett (the bloke that won the 2 medals) younger brother.

I'm not sure you know much about this league so it might be worth you heading back o the under 18's thread.

Ben Is Lee Warnett (the bloke that won the 2 medals) younger brother.

I'm not sure you know much about this league so it might be worth you heading back o the under 18's thread.

I totaly agree Footy Fan, I believe that Timmy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about, Joel Brayshaw is not the assistant coach of Cobram it is Trent Freer. An yes a few boys have left due to uni or chasing coin to go to lower leagues which happens in footy, but I think that Timmy is best suited talking to the boys and not running his mouth to the men!!!!!:eek:

they only play the country championships every 2 years and act won it in 2008.and they beat victoria or maybe you are thinking of div 2, you could be right their. they play again this year in canberra. check your facts timmy . nothing wrong with being excited but do others know what you are spruking about on here, perhaps doing some damage, wait till september

Matt Dwyer to win League BNF, made team of the decade aat redan and is going for five premierships straight with another this yr with numurkah. Greg Meylan, even tho he will miss the first 2 rounds, will win Leading Goal Kicker of the league no doubt. would put my house on him to win

Matt Dwyer to win League BNF, made team of the decade aat redan and is going for five premierships straight with another this yr with numurkah. Greg Meylan, even tho he will miss the first 2 rounds, will win Leading Goal Kicker of the league no doubt. would put my house on him to win

Lee James back at Mulwala could give him a run......

bloody hell , it sounds like numurkah supporters are turning into nathalia supporters !! blah blah blah. get a grip before you turn purple hahahaha. and i guess houses at numurkah are still worth bugger all so i guess its not such a big risk

shane harvey will win the league gk and will go close to the league bnf aswell. has kicked 4 or 5 tons in a row and loves a goal. even if barooga aint as strong as previous years, he will still get the ton.
i aint a barooga supporter, i am a rumba boy. i have seen him play since juniors and his old man was a champion footballer at local level and shane is the same...his brother aint a bad footballer either :D

bloody hell , it sounds like numurkah supporters are turning into nathalia supporters !! blah blah blah. get a grip before you turn purple hahahaha. and i guess houses at numurkah are still worth bugger all so i guess its not such a big risk

Bullshit, Numurkah is looking better then ever, we have recruited well and it will show.. all players have undergone a tough pre season and are extremely fit, im sure we will be there on the long road into finals. as for the goal kicking, Greg is fiiter and stronger than last year, and im pretty sure he will want to put in a bigger effort than last year.

Bullshit, Numurkah is looking better then ever, we have recruited well and it will show.. all players have undergone a tough pre season and are extremely fit, im sure we will be there on the long road into finals. as for the goal kicking, Greg is fiiter and stronger than last year, and im pretty sure he will want to put in a bigger effort than last year.
where did you finish last year ?? i think their is alot of teams still in front of you for instance moama,deni,toc,barooga,mulwala. maybe you might sneak into 6th place

Pretty stupid to be commenting on ladder positions before anyone has played a game. As shown last year, anyone can beat anyone if they have a good day.

Pretty stupid to be commenting on ladder positions before anyone has played a game. As shown last year, anyone can beat anyone if they have a good day.

Good reading on Anthony Mellington on the back page of the Bendigo Addy 2day
I think i read early on here he was going from Toc

I see mulwala as the big improvers for this year after a couple of years out of finals i think their young kids showed alot towards the end of last year pushing some of the better sides and with 2 years senior experience under their belts along with the addition of some quality senior players added to thier list they are the smokies for this year. Toc showed it last year that by adding a few quality players to your list you can be near the bottom 1 year and take the silverware home the next

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats part of what a forum like this is about, to get people's opinions and see who is the best at looking through the crystal ball without letting their own teams fortunes shade their judgement!. All a bit of fun flash2.

Mulwala
Deniliquin
Tocumwal
Numurkah
Congupna
Moama
Barooga
Cobram

Most would agree the top 6 would seem to be coming from those 8 sides mentioned above. For any of those sides to miss finals action this year would be a major disappointment I would think.

Mulwala
Deniliquin
Tocumwal
Numurkah
Congupna
Moama
Barooga
Cobram

Most would agree the top 6 would seem to be coming from those 8 sides mentioned above. For any of those sides to miss finals action this year would be a major disappointment I would think.
No Tonny in there, Hankster?? Being modest? Or just an honest admission that the outs (including Brunt, Collyer, Percy, Souter etc) are gonna leave a pretty big hole in he stocks Strongarm has at his disposal??

Does anyone kow how Toc finished tonight??
i left at the start of the second quarter and 2 things i noticed by then was
United's full forward is going to be a very handy pick up for them, and 2 was Toc seemed alittle down on thier form compaired to last year. . . . .

Thats part of what a forum like this is about, to get people's opinions and see who is the best at looking through the crystal ball without letting their own teams fortunes shade their judgement!. All a bit of fun flash2.

:rolleyes:

Does anyone kow how Toc finished tonight??
i left at the start of the second quarter and 2 things i noticed by then was
United's full forward is going to be a very handy pick up for them, and 2 was Toc seemed alittle down on thier form compaired to last year. . . . .

From watching last night it looked as tho there was still a fair amount to come back in tho.

5 i counted from there flag side still playing this year.

I noticed they had a couple of very young fellas having a run too!

Trial matches are exactly that, and you can't read too much into them although Uniteds Full Forward is a gun and will be very hard to stop!

No Tonny in there, Hankster?? Being modest? Or just an honest admission that the outs (including Brunt, Collyer, Percy, Souter etc) are gonna leave a pretty big hole in he stocks Strongarm has at his disposal??

Honest assessment mate, we will struggle unless 4 or 5 quality players come through the door before Rd 1.
Lost on top of what you have mentioned above;
Both Souters, Adam Auld, Troy Duke, Tim Harris, Tom Wyatt & probably Kieren Brennan. Majority have left because of having a crack at GV, coaching opportunities or moved out of the area.

P.S. Wasnt a dig at you Flash2, most have their judgement clouded when it comes to the side they support.;)

I will put my left nut ( which is worth more than your house I rekon ) that Matt Dwyer wont win the League BNF, there are a shit load of new players going into the League this year which will be better than Matt, just look at the new recruits to Deni, Mulwayla, Cobram, there are 4 or 5 in each of those sides that could win it. and as for League goal kicking Greg might be fit as you say!! but what about Lee James MUL, Robert Osborne COBRAM, Shane Harvey BAROOGA, Tim Hargraves MUL. They all shit on Greg. :eek::eek::eek:

I will put my left nut ( which is worth more than your house I rekon ) that Matt Dwyer wont win the League BNF, there are a shit load of new players going into the League this year which will be better than Matt, just look at the new recruits to Deni, Mulwayla, Cobram, there are 4 or 5 in each of those sides that could win it. and as for League goal kicking Greg might be fit as you say!! but what about Lee James MUL, Robert Osborne COBRAM, Shane Harvey BAROOGA, Tim Hargraves MUL. They all shit on Greg. :eek::eek::eek:

Well just for a bit of fun who are everybodies tips this early in the year for league medal, goal kicking, top 6 and wooden spoon??

Well just for a bit of fun who are everybodies tips this early in the year for league medal, goal kicking, top 6 and wooden spoon??

League Medal: John Lucas (COBRAM)
Goal Kicking:Lee James, Shane Harvey, Rob Osborne for top 3 I rekon.
Top 6: Cobram
Mulwayla
Deni
Congupna
Toc
Finley
Wooden spoon: Tonny

How is the Rumbalara ground looking goodgoolly24? Those waskilly wabbits been digging their holes elsewhere? :D

And just on this, how are all the grounds in the league looking? Has the money spent on Numurkah's ground been on any value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back