Murray Football League - Thirds (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League Thirds

As far as I know they will now be right to play in the 3rds finals, for underage football if you are eligible by age then thats all thats needed. Never heard of one of the stipulations mentioned before about only being able to play in one teams (Seniors, Reserves or U/17's) finals series.
Would have to have them slight favourites over Mulwala now that their seniors are out.

mul get back a few players aswell..... key players.....dont rule them out just because two or three players are back in the congupna line up

mul get back a few players aswell..... key players.....dont rule them out just because two or three players are back in the congupna line up
Congupna will have 6 back sinse the last time they played mull,A couple of players back for moama made a BIG differance ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Congupna will have 6 back sinse the last time they played mull,A couple of players back for moama made a BIG differance ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We played moama twice this year in the home and away season and they had a very different team in the finals. Thorpy, Huddo and Jye Childs were all in the best (they didn't play us through the season). Huddo was easily best on taking two match saving marks in our goal square in the last quarter with about two minutes to go, Jye dominated in the ruck against tommy wyatt and Thorpy carved in the middle. They will be a team not to take lightly, as we did and suffered the consequences. Just a heads up for whoever plays them

We played moama twice this year in the home and away season and they had a very different team in the finals. Thorpy, Huddo and Jye Childs were all in the best (they didn't play us through the season). Huddo was easily best on taking two match saving marks in our goal square in the last quarter with about two minutes to go, Jye dominated in the ruck against tommy wyatt and Thorpy carved in the middle. They will be a team not to take lightly, as we did and suffered the consequences. Just a heads up for whoever plays them

i would of thought that tom would of jumpeed all over jye??

tommy was down with the flu
yeh BRODIE GARTH. Tongalas back up ruckman also only played 1 qauter with an ankle injury. but yeh pretty much there is no excuses Tongala just choked. losing to one of the bst sides if not the best by 13 points. then going down to 6 on the ladder. but i would watch moama there a good side.

yeh BRODIE GARTH. Tongalas back up ruckman also only played 1 qauter with an ankle injury. but yeh pretty much there is no excuses Tongala just choked. losing to one of the bst sides if not the best by 13 points. then going down to 6 on the ladder. but i would watch moama there a good side.

Whats the big deal about sayin his name haha? Yeah garthy had a wrecked ankle and didn't play much of a game. A injury to jay greensheilds who did an alright job taggin Tom wilson from mul the week before ment he was out and the flu had spread throughout the camp. Apart from all these factors i still think we put together a good game and really made most of our oppertunities. (6.0 at 3qtr time) But moama played a better one. Good luck to them in the rest of their finals run and i hope they can really take it up to mul/congupna.

Also lookin up on last seasons results i noticed that deni rams suffered the same fate we did. They where top of the ladder untill last round where we beat them and knocked them down to 3rd depriving them of the double chance. Then first final vs congupna kicked them right out of finals. Funny for it to happen two years in a row!

Tonny boys there are no excuses for losing. face it uses couldnt handle the pressure of finals footy and Moama stepped up.

Tonny boys there are no excuses for losing. face it uses couldnt handle the pressure of finals footy and Moama stepped up.

You may be right there buddy, but you didnt even make the KDL finals so can u or your team handle the pressure of finals footy? We may never know, but obviously couldnt stand up during the home and away rounds so not a good start!

You may be right there buddy, but you didnt even make the KDL finals so can u or your team handle the pressure of finals footy? We may never know, but obviously couldnt stand up during the home and away rounds so not a good start!

i dont see that tonny have made any excuses of yet soooo really back off a touch.....moama maybe being the harder side would of meant alot in the outcome??

Obviously this kid didn't see the game, there was no choker's on the day, just a hard fought game which somebody had to win, funny stat that you having a crack at us when you didn't make finals yourself

Moama are very good, should beat Deni this week and play Mul or Congupna in the Prelim. Their backline is outstanding.

Moama are very good, should beat Deni this week and play Mul or Congupna in the Prelim. Their backline is outstanding.

I can see them beating Deni but i think their midfeild is the best, their backline was not that outstanding but good netherless!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you cant make finals if your team isnt good enough. We had 6 players who had never played before and struggled for numbers all year. we didnt underachieve we actually did better than we should have. As for handling finals pressure i have played in a 5 finals including a Grand Final and performed well so finals pressure doesnt bother me.

Obviously this kid didn't see the game, there was no choker's on the day, just a hard fought game which somebody had to win, funny stat that you having a crack at us when you didn't make finals yourself

I wasnt going round promoting how awesome we are like some of your Tonny mates were doing. You guys finished 3rd on the ladder and lost to 6th. (thats choking in my books) You blokes were to busy talking about the next week before you had won the first final.

I wasnt going round promoting how awesome we are like some of your Tonny mates were doing. You guys finished 3rd on the ladder and lost to 6th. (thats choking in my books) You blokes were to busy talking about the next week before you had won the first final.

As you would know (since you've been in so many finals including a grand final which you played so well:rolleyes:) that in a final both teams go back to an even playing field irresepective of their ladder positions and what they have achieved in the home and away season. Moama were the better team no one is dening that and i wouldn't be suprised if they took it up to congupna and mulwala. As for choking the only way you would know that was if you had seen us play. Good luck to you getting into the finals in the KDFL for further years to come, i'm sure it's much harder than the murray league

Moama have improved alot since the start of the year, and from when they played Tonny in the home and away season. Once you get to a fianl on a neutral ground, anything can happen. Tonny didn't choke, they were just outplayed.

you cant make finals if your team isnt good enough. We had 6 players who had never played before and struggled for numbers all year. we didnt underachieve we actually did better than we should have. As for handling finals pressure i have played in a 5 finals including a Grand Final and performed well so finals pressure doesnt bother me.
See Lancy got bundled out in straight sets last year from 2nd!!, thats right you didnt play so nothing to do with you, ok Ky U/16s bundled out first final last year, see you snuck into the best in a losing finals side, well done. Year before Ky U/16's Div2 Best on last game before finals, looks like you were going to tear the finals series apart, but no, not in the best once in 4 finals games. The jury might be still out I think buddy. Concentrate on your own footy before saying other sides/players can't handle finals pressure.

Back to the main story, moama will be to good for deni. Moama will just have too many guns in the center, and congupna might sneak over the line against mulwala, it might be a preview to the grand final, good game to watch.

haha leigh u dick head mate.......

As you would know (since you've been in so many finals including a grand final which you played so well:rolleyes:) that in a final both teams go back to an even playing field irresepective of their ladder positions and what they have achieved in the home and away season. Moama were the better team no one is dening that and i wouldn't be suprised if they took it up to congupna and mulwala. As for choking the only way you would know that was if you had seen us play. Good luck to you getting into the finals in the KDFL for further years to come, i'm sure it's much harder than the murray league

I agree that when a finals game is played between two teams that it is a level playing field. You say that Tonny were outplayed by Moama, but why was this? Pressure, not good enough or both. In the two games you played against Moama you won by an average of 50 points, you also won 5 more games than them throughout the season, but couldnt do it when it counted most. again i ask the question what happened?

See Lancy got bundled out in straight sets last year from 2nd!!, thats right you didnt play so nothing to do with you, ok Ky U/16s bundled out first final last year, see you snuck into the best in a losing finals side, well done. Year before Ky U/16's Div2 Best on last game before finals, looks like you were going to tear the finals series apart, but no, not in the best once in 4 finals games. The jury might be still out I think buddy. Concentrate on your own footy before saying other sides/players can't handle finals pressure.

IM flattered you took the time to look at my footy over the past few years. As you may know from playing in finals you learn from them and gain experience from them. Being a clear cut favourite in a final and losing is bad, but it will teach the Thirds that finals is a different ball game and you should respect your opposition no matter where thay finish on the ladder and take it ONE week at a time.

You mention LAncy getting bundled out last year nothing to do with me, i played 6 games with them to qualify for finals but a technical problem prohibited me from doing so. Im sure if we looked ovewr your past we would find some bad performances so lets leave the past in the past and what is happening now and this year.

I believe u brout the past up first old mate no one else...

lets get over this tonny chocked stuff and get on to who is still in the finals. moama were too good for us on the day and played well good luck to them and the other teams still in the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back