Muse - Best band of the 00s

Remove this Banner Ad

No one's gonna take me alive!@!#!%#
The time has come to make things right!@!@!
You and I must fight for our rights!#!#!
You and I must fight to survive!#!#!

I almost laughed at the concert when they were playing this rubbish song ...many an underprivileged fist could be seen pumping in the night air.

They're an OK band with some good songs...well versed live too with a very clean sound.

Best at nothing but.

Quality song IMO.

Particularly when playing on guitar hero.

I can do nothing but laugh at those who march around talking as if their taste in music is the only acceptable taste. If someone enjoys Muse, or Oasis, or Linkin Park (I think they were mentioned)... who cares? Let them enjoy it, how does it affect you? Get over yourselves. "Oh but Muse is shit... talent... ____in lyrics..."

Whatever.

Muse are good, not best of the decade though.

Don't see why some people insist on comparing Oasis and Muse. That's like comparing a ruckman to a half back flanker imo.

I like Oasis too, so no, I'm not taking a shot at them.

Let me preface by saying that I'm a massive Muse fan and I can accept that not everyone likes them, but I think it's a bit silly to argue that Muse are not one of the best bands of the last decade. Their last three albums, all released in the 00s, have been successful artistically and commercially and their live shows are completely mindblowing. Not only that, but they've strived to be innovative and do new things, which something you don't see to often these days. Any discussion about the best band of the 00s has to include Muse.

Queens of the Stone Age are another act in the mix as well. Their last four albums have been so different, but all of them have been absolutely brilliant. QOTSA, Desert Sessions, Eagles of Death Metal, working with Mark Lanegan, UNKLE: Josh Homme is a modern day great, without a shadow of a doubt.

As far as the best punk band of the last decade goes, that honour belongs to only one band: The Bronx. These guys have taken back a genre that's been tainted by the touch of mainstream mediocrity and returned it to its dirty, underground roots. But at the same time they haven't just copied the sound of Black Flag or the Bad Brains. They've captured the spirit and energy of what made 80s punk so powerful and put it in a modern context. Another band that would be in the mix would be Modern Life is War; a band from Iowa that released three albums but broke up before their time. Their material is inspiring.

Someone else in this thread mentioned the Fall of Troy. That dude is right on. I'm not sure if they're the best of the decade but they're certainly a band that is destined for greatness in the next few years. The guitarist and chief songwriter, Thomas Erak, is a freak of nature. He blends frenetic punk, with metal, prog rock and pop and he's only in his early 20s. If you get pissed off about people jerking off about the talents of Bellamy then get ready to love/hate this bloke because he is supremely talented. If he's not a big name in five-ten years then something is seriously wrong with music fans. Plus Fall of Troy's live shows are incredible as anyone who saw their Melbourne show at Soundwave will tell you. Stop bitching about Muse and go listen to Doppelganger by Fall of Troy.

Let me preface by saying that I'm a massive Muse fan and I can accept that not everyone likes them, but I think it's a bit silly to argue that Muse are not one of the best bands of the last decade. Their last three albums, all released in the 00s, have been successful artistically and commercially and their live shows are completely mindblowing. Not only that, but they've strived to be innovative and do new things, which something you don't see to often these days. Any discussion about the best band of the 00s has to include Muse.

Queens of the Stone Age are another act in the mix as well. Their last four albums have been so different, but all of them have been absolutely brilliant. QOTSA, Desert Sessions, Eagles of Death Metal, working with Mark Lanegan, UNKLE: Josh Homme is a modern day great, without a shadow of a doubt.

As far as the best punk band of the last decade goes, that honour belongs to only one band: The Bronx. These guys have taken back a genre that's been tainted by the touch of mainstream mediocrity and returned it to its dirty, underground roots. But at the same time they haven't just copied the sound of Black Flag or the Bad Brains. They've captured the spirit and energy of what made 80s punk so powerful and put it in a modern context. Another band that would be in the mix would be Modern Life is War; a band from Iowa that released three albums but broke up before their time. Their material is inspiring.

Someone else in this thread mentioned the Fall of Troy. That dude is right on. I'm not sure if they're the best of the decade but they're certainly a band that is destined for greatness in the next few years. The guitarist and chief songwriter, Thomas Erak, is a freak of nature. He blends frenetic punk, with metal, prog rock and pop and he's only in his early 20s. If you get pissed off about people jerking off about the talents of Bellamy then get ready to love/hate this bloke because he is supremely talented. If he's not a big name in five-ten years then something is seriously wrong with music fans. Plus Fall of Troy's live shows are incredible as anyone who saw their Melbourne show at Soundwave will tell you. Stop bitching about Muse and go listen to Doppelganger by Fall of Troy.

Finally, a fair and reasonable response...

dude doppelganger is by far their worst album.
Ghostship Demo > Self titled > manipulator >>> doppelganger

seriously fcpremix. why on earth would you do that to a great song

dude doppelganger is by far their worst album.
Ghostship Demo > Self titled > manipulator >>> doppelganger

seriously fcpremix. why on earth would you do that to a great song

hahaha are you for real?!?:eek:
Doppelganger is an amazing record and I much prefer that one to their s/t. It's a big step forward from their self titled. FCPREMIX is much better on Doppelganger imo. It's much faster and the guitar work is much cleaner sounding. Much higher production value. The original version sounds too slow and boring. Haha, I guess that betrays my punk rock roots. Though I do love the closing track on s/t, "what sound does a mastodon make" Did you see them at Soundwave? One of the best sets I've ever witnessed.

Doppelganger> Manipulator>Self titled> Ghost Ship--- having said that, it's a very tight run.

To each their own I guess. :thumbsu:

i avoid soundwave at all costs. one of the worst run festivals in the world. wish they did a solo side show, i wasn't willing to spend my money watching them as a warm up act.

imo doppelganger is overproduced trying to make it sound under produced. the beauty of selftitled and ghostship is how raw they are, and ghostship has the best synth work since Renaissance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO the best bands of the 00's are
Muse
Hard Fi
Arctic Monkeys
Coldplay
Queens of the stoneage
John Butler trio

Off the top of my head, in no order

Remove this Banner Ad

Muse - Best band of the 00s

Remove this Banner Ad