My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Metacritic,

XXL, Rolling Stone and Pitchfork.
I loled. You have a few POTY contenders ITT.

FWIW I think MBDTF is his best also by a long way, (I've heard 808 and Graduation too).

Only 2 or 3 tracks which I'll probably never listen all the way through again.

Lost in the world + the outro :heart: 10/10 song for me. Album as a whole maybe an 8.2335/10, but it's a wanky way of rating an album anyway.

Only a fanboy would give it a perfect rating. I think most people will get bored of it soon (Don't think it has much replay value, but we'll see.)

Sorry offtopic, i am am getting used to all these short terms on forums, please list what all the above means
You're trying very hard to look like a legit poster ;)

POTY=Poster of the Year

FWIW I think MBDTF is his best also by a long way, (I've heard 808 and Graduation too).

Only 2 or 3 tracks which I'll probably never listen all the way through again.

Lost in the world + the outro :heart: 10/10 song for me. Album as a whole maybe an 8.2335/10, but it's a wanky way of rating an album anyway.

Only a fanboy would give it a perfect rating. I think most people will get bored of it soon (Don't think it has much replay value, but we'll see.)

It sounds so simple in writing, but this is one of the most important pre-requisites in labelling an album as a 'classic'.

This is why the label cannot be used until years after the release in my opinion, regardless of how perfect the immediate reception is.

Just on the outro, I love it. I don't listen to audio poetry, but the way Kanye (and other hiphop artists) have infused it into their records over the years has certainly opened my ears to it. I really like the way it immediately flows on from lost in the world.

I was talking about how the album is rated by the community at large... What's humourous about using a review aggregator and popular websites to demonstrate that?

I wasn't suggesting that they're right, I was suggesting that MBDTF is his most highly rated album from a range of sources.

Been listening in my car, over and over and over, i must say, it grows on you. Its not an album you can enjoy first time in my opinion, but the more you listen, the more you like it

He still holds a grudge for the South Park writers i see ;)

That Nicky Manaj? is not bad i might have to give her a listen, also is that Chris Rocks voice i spy when he is relating too P**Y upholstered, who taught you too do this and that?

Been listening in my car, over and over and over, i must say, it grows on you. Its not an album you can enjoy first time in my opinion, but the more you listen, the more you like it

He still holds a grudge for the South Park writers i see ;)

That Nicky Manaj? is not bad i might have to give her a listen, also is that Chris Rocks voice i spy when he is relating too P**Y upholstered, who taught you too do this and that?
Yeah its Chris Rock.

Gorgeous, best song on the album.

Agree on the replay value being one of/if not the most important factor.

hence why i rate graduation so highly. still listen to that all the time.

obviously everyone has different tastes but for me that's why BSSM by the RHCP is the closest thing to perfection I've ever seen recorded.

drop 'they're red hot' for 'soul to squeeze' (which was somehow left off it :eek:) and it's a flawless record.

funny thing for me is, i actually don't consider myself a massive kanye fan yet two of my top 5 favourite albums would be made by him.

All of the Lights video released earlier today. Free look at Rihanna's **** and a free epileptic seizure

[youtube]HAfFfqiYLp0[/youtube]

Amazing production. One of the greatest producers of all time. Just to bad he can't be like that lyrically, which is why I rate recovery over this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great video, love that song.

Really, really love the interlude! Spent a few hours the other day trying to work it out on my cello, I think I've pretty much got it! :thumbsu:

He peformed at the All Star game today, again with All of the Lights, was pretty mad

Not really my kind of thing in general but after hearing the insane amount of hype given to this album, and hearing Runaway and All Of The Lights on the radio, i decided to get this. People aren't wrong. Fantastic album, probably not best of 2010 for me (Rohnert Park by Ceremony was mine) but an absolutely amazing piece of work. Favourite songs are Dark Fantasy, Monster, Blame Game and So Appalled.

Interesting.

Feel bad saying it for some reason, but probably true.

Although Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint are probably as good as, if not better than my 2 favourite 'Ye albums (CD and MBDTF.) The rest of Jay's stuff isn't as good as the rest of Kanye's stuff though.

and who you think is responsible for most of the blueprints production :p

Lupe is a quality rapper, and yes in terms of writing raps he can and has come up with strong albums, however his ability to come up with that production doesn't even land in the same stratosphere as Kanye, nor does his ability to learn how to create and mix in singing within these songs (and I'm not just talking about choruses either).

I realise this sounds like I'm sledging Lupe since I'm trying to argue for why he doesn't possess the same qualities Kanye does, but having said the above, I do believe Lupe is one of the best there is today and is most definitely the future of the genre. He's also more than just a rapper that can rhyme choruses, as shown with his creativeness in the track 'dumb it down' for example with the conversation that transpires between the dumbed down person and himself.

kind of unfair since lupes not a producer like kanye is.

in terms of emceeing, lupe shits all over kanye by so much it isnt funny. dont get me wrong kanyes a good rapper and can come up with some witty lines, but he aint in lupes league.

im a kanye fan, love the new album.. but cant help feel like he and the album are being way overhyped. he's created a good sound no doubt, hes kinda been building on this since cudis debut

shit, for me nas and damien's album is still the best release of 2010

kind of unfair since lupes not a producer like kanye is.

in terms of emceeing, lupe shits all over kanye by so much it isnt funny. dont get me wrong kanyes a good rapper and can come up with some witty lines, but he aint in lupes league.

im a kanye fan, love the new album.. but cant help feel like he and the album are being way overhyped. he's created a good sound no doubt, hes kinda been building on this since cudis debut

shit, for me nas and damien's album is still the best release of 2010

Can't be bothered going back into the thread but my bet is that I was arguing that Kanye as an overall artist is better than lupe, as I agree that lupe as a rapper is technically better than kanye.

thats what u were arguing.. and i am disagreeing with you as its an unfair comparison

ur right though in that i just read this thread for the first time, thats why i quoted all these old posts lol

Remove this Banner Ad

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back