My official betting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why would you take the middle? If you are confident you will win at the original line, why would you change that bet to a possible (small chance) big win with a more probably small loss?

Agree with this, though note the exception that if part of it is bet for the PURPOSE of middling, as Brett suggested, it's an OK strategy.

Agree with this, though note the exception that if part of it is bet for the PURPOSE of middling, as Brett suggested, it's an OK strategy.

As long as the second bet is EV+ on its own then it should be taken. No point otherwise. Simple as that.

As long as the second bet is EV+ on its own then it should be taken. No point otherwise. Simple as that.

That's true, theoretically.... but it gets clouded when you've put money into it beyond what you should, IE more than you should from your bankroll, because you were "sure" that the line would move.

Take the example of a bloke with a 10K roll, who puts 5K on this line, because he has Kelly's "private wire" about the line moving. Even if he doesn't think that it's +EV to back the other side, from a financial point of view if the line moves 10 points or whatever, he still should.

+5 is a terrible line to be taking imo
The difference of taking a bet anywhere between a range of 4.5 and 5.5 is 0.2% in win % ATS (at most) in NRL. I just finished up compiling a push chart and making a half point calculator for NRL last week.

If you took +5.5 @ 55% ATS, taking +4.5 would mean your win % ATS would be 54.8%. Moving by half points to or off the '5' in NRL is negligible.

Yes I agree.

At 27.5 (the best line I can get Geelong at) it starts to go beyond break even EV. I was hoping for 29.5, but I think the line has maybe 1 point in the move left.

The difference of taking a bet anywhere between a range of 4.5 and 5.5 is 0.2% in win % ATS (at most) in NRL. I just finished up compiling a push chart and making a half point calculator for NRL last week.

If you took +5.5 @ 55% ATS, taking +4.5 would mean your win % ATS would be 54.8%. Moving by half points to or off the '5' in NRL is negligible.

Taking a +5.5 line is just as bad imo, you have to know the value of a point and +5 or 5.5 in NRL is a waste

Taking a +5.5 line is just as bad imo, you have to know the value of a point and +5 or 5.5 in NRL is a waste

I don't understand what you mean. I just explained and showed you the value of a point between 4.5 and 5.5.

Edit: The value in cents of moving from 4.5 to 5.5 (or vice versa) is 1.6 cents (or 0.2% in win %).

Tonights bet under 193.5 points 1.5 units @$2.04 betfair. just as a lol I cleaned the whole market up. Is it just me or has betfair died with any form of betting 3+ hours before the game Loss.
Pretty sure I will leave the total lines straight out alone for a while. I am just off on them lately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't get 29 for the cats game are you going to just take the small middle or risk it all?

I'll scalp back the action I don't want at Geelong +27.5 (worst case) and have a middle with a small amount of +EV.

Yeah, that was my next question; how large a middle do you estimate you need to be profitable with, say, $1.91 lines?

In this instance, about 6 points for break even EV. However I secured at $1.92, so this play will end up being marginally +EV.

Disappointing 3-1 night with my big 62% play not getting up.

However for the first time since having an exposed record, I am now > 50% at 58-58-1. It's taking a while, but I'm slowly turning that Queen Mary around to > 55%.

Sorry my bad, long day.

58.5/117 = 50% exactly now

A push is counted as 0.5 wins.

A push is half a win? I'll have to tell pinnacle they didn't count my push with Lithuania 2 days ago as half a win.

Dude, that's how you count a push. That's how everyone counts a push. If you're not getting a refund on your bet, then that's not a push.

If you go 0-0-100, you need to count it in some way, as you haven't made zero bets.

Doesn't a half win suggest you are returning half a dividend, as in a dead heat situation?

By your logic, 0-0-100 would be a 50% win rate, which doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad