my top 16 in 08

Remove this Banner Ad

My knowledge is far from great on the U18s, but from what I have heard, I'd be very surprised if Rockliff and Zaharakis don't go top ten. They're having very good years in their respective TAC Cup sides.

I havent seen much of the kids either but there is no chance they will go top 10.

Richmond should take McKernan if he is available. Good job on the predictions. I am pretty sure Watts will go to Melbourne. No Neitz, Robbo is just about done and Newton is not a marquee player. Dropping Jeff White showed they have the rucks to fill the gap and they still have Meesen developing. Natanui is a speculative pick. From the footage i have seen he is not a footballer. Is more interested in chasing down the man than winning the ball and doesn't impose himself on the contest. He won't be a match winner and if he does prove me wrong it will not be for sometime. Watts looks like a gun. Strong pack mark and smart.

Pretty good effort, but i think Heyne is a pretty big omission. That said if melbourne are last and that was the order i be f__king stoked to get Heyne at pick 17.

Also i can't see richmond taking Yarran, they need a small defender desperately or a tall forward, altough terry does seem to have a hard-on for picking up midfielders. I see them going for Suban (if available) or Ziebell if they go small, midfielders who have a proven defensive record as opposed to forward biased small like Yarran.

And i cant see Hawthorn going after Cornelius either. They've already got plenty of tall forwards, buddy, roughie, boyle, thorp. They're likely to trade one of them, so i couldn't see them using first pick on another forward.

Agree with Heyne. Think he's just rising and rising.

I'd have both Hill and Heyne in my top 16 currently.

As far as Richmond go, I don't agree at all.

We've got Newman, McMahon, King and Raines amongst others as small back options. I would like us to get a tall forward, but see Yarran to be the perfect fit at Richmond. Getting him would give us some class and good disposal - which are both needed. Would also allow Deledio and Brown to play more in the middle of the ground. If Watts is available, then go him definitely, and consider McKernan, but I thik Yarran is the best fit for us if Watts isn't available.

The chances of Cahill or Johnston being around at our 2nd round pick are pretty high too - snap one of them up then - and draft another ruck with our 3rd round pick.

And as for Cornelius - I agree. Could see him going to Melbourne with their second round pick.

1.melbourne - Watts
2.west coast - Rich
3.Fremantle - Natanui
4.Port Adelaide - Hurley
5. Essendon - Suban
6. Richmond - Yarran
7. North Melboure - McKernan
8. Carlton - Hatlett
9.St Kilda - Swift
10. Collingwood - sidebottom
11.brisbane - Trengrove
12.adealide -Ziebell
13.Sydney - Walters
14.Hawthorn - Cornelious
15.Western Bulldogs - Cordy
16.Geelong - De boer

watts number 1 because i think melbourne will warnock in trade week or PSD

edited because dont think de boear is a top 5 pick

With Fremantle certain to lose Warnock Fremantle will have their eyes on Nick Natanui before Rich. Wce will most likely take Nick Nat to team up with Dean Cox in the ruck.

What Richmond Need is a big Ruckman if we manage to pick Warnock up in the trades, We could go for a power foward or a skillfull centre men with our 1st round pick in the draft then with our 2nd pick a defender to take over Joel Bowdens possi in the backline.

With Fremantle certain to lose Warnock Fremantle will have their eyes on Nick Natanui before Rich. Wce will most likely take Nick Nat to team up with Dean Cox in the ruck.

What Richmond Need is a big Ruckman if we manage to pick Warnock up in the trades, We could go for a power foward or a skillfull centre men with our 1st round pick in the draft then with our 2nd pick a defender to take over Joel Bowdens possi in the backline.

I heard that West Coast are looking at getting Rich. Well thats what Hutchy said anyway:eek:

Now I think of it, at that stage it was assumed that Naitanui was defiantly going number 1, now there seems to be a bit of doubt.

I heard that West Coast are looking at getting Rich. Well thats what Hutchy said anyway:eek:

Now I think of it, at that stage it was assumed that Naitanui was defiantly going number 1, now there seems to be a bit of doubt.

Nick naitanui could fall down to pick 4 or 5 But i couldnt see that happening

If melbourne dont go for him WCE Or Freo will snap him up even if rich is still there.

Of course there is. Teams at the bottom of the ladder are teams such as freo, melb, essendon. There's preasure on these clubs. they'll pick up the ready-to-play players such as the rhys palmers of the draft. fremantle may take nik nat just to have the young pair to lead the club. but a lot of clubs down the bottom are lookin for ready to play players.

also, to the guy askin about tom hill. yeh he'll get drafted this year. cant see him going first round, or even early 2nd.

zakharakis from the knights will go close to first round if his stellar season in the tac cup continues.

question with ayce cordy - do the bulldogs nead to pick him up that high with the father/son selection? would he go first round anyway? i would of thought they could collect him with their 2nd round pick.

Pretty good but one player missing is Nick Heyne. He will be a first round pick this year. Possibly even top 10 if he keeps up his Vic Country form up. He has been on fire lately....

Not from what I saw today. Too many good players ahead of him.

Pretty good but one player missing is Nick Heyne. He will be a first round pick this year. Possibly even top 10 if he keeps up his Vic Country form up. He has been on fire lately....

There's a lot of talent in this strong draft, it'd be hard to see him get picked in the first round let alone top ten. He is flashy, quite good overhead and can kick goals, and I'm starting to do a rough list now, and I can't seem to fit him in the first round even though I'd like to. Second round for sure though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fellas if Nicholas Naitanui DOES NOT go pick number 1 ( which IMHO will be the Demons pick) it would be the stupiest move in football history. This bloke could win a brownlow quite quickly i reckon:thumbsu:

Is Hurley better suited to the forward line or defence? Does anyone have any other info on him? Height etc etc.

1.melbourne - Watts
2.west coast - Natanui
3.Fremantle - Rich
4.Port Adelaide - Hurley
5. Essendon - Suban
6. Richmond - Yarran
7. North Melboure - McKernan
8. Carlton - Hatlett
9.St Kilda - Swift
10. Collingwood - sidebottom
11.brisbane - Trengrove
12.adealide - Zibell
13.Sydney - Walters
14.Hawthorn - Cornelious
15.Western Bulldogs - Cordy
16.Geelong - De boer
Ok IMO this is very close.
Port Adelaide will be happy with Hurley BUT I think they will go for Hatlett as he is an SA boy with loads of tallent.

Edit - oh and no Nick Hayne??
He would have to be above De boer

Port shouldn't go for Hartlett as he's not a kpp and thats what the club needs. He's more likely to be chosen by the Crows.

Don't really see us taking Hartlett. After what his brother has achieved plus plus being a midfielder, saying that, he does sound very promising and definately worth a look if he falls to us though. I'd say the Blues would be looking at Hurley (won't fall to us i don't think), Watts (also a long shot), Yarran, Ziebell and McKernan before Hartlett though.

Fellas if Nicholas Naitanui DOES NOT go pick number 1 ( which IMHO will be the Demons pick) it would be the stupiest move in football history. This bloke could win a brownlow quite quickly i reckon:thumbsu:

I don't agree and hope we don't choose him. I feel somewhat more informed now having seen him live for the first time.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he slides a tad. I doubt Melbourne, or the Eagles will take him and if Freo keep Warnock I suspect they'll pass also. If they lose Warnock he'll probably stay in Perth.

Mate you are 100% right.
If Kreuzer goes pick number one ahead of Palmer/Cotchin so on.. Naitanui goes first.
He has a huge engine for a tall ruckman and great hands and great skills such as tackling.
What a star!:thumbsu:

I don't agree and hope we don't choose him. I feel somewhat more informed now having seen him live for the first time.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he slides a tad. I doubt Melbourne, or the Eagles will take him and if Freo keep Warnock I suspect they'll pass also. If they lose Warnock he'll probably stay in Perth.
Please tell me why you wouldnt pick him.
He has the agility of a midfielder but is a ruckman. Would kill anyone out there AND great pick for Dreamteam :D

Please tell me why you wouldnt pick him.
He has the agility of a midfielder but is a ruckman. Would kill anyone out there AND great pick for Dreamteam :D

My main concern with Naitanui is that he seems lost out on the ground.

Has so many qualities a normal ruckman doesn't; tremendous pace, a huge leap, great closing speed and a great hunger for the footy, but he also doesn't do what a lot of regular ruckmen do.

He wins a lot of taps but they seem to be always targeted to the wrong spots, he doesn't seem to be able to position himself in the right spots and I don't know if he has the ability to play against someone with bulk who knows the game, such as Charman or Hille. Doesn't know the game well enough - and thus doesn't have a great footy brain.

Sure, you can teach him the game, but how often does a number one pick not know the game inside out?

Remove this Banner Ad

my top 16 in 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back