my top 16 in 08

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry, had to post this again.. :p

Ruckmen are Andrew Browne, Zach Clarke, Tyrone Vickery.. just to name a few... few listings in the sides like Jarred Reddan, Rhys Clinton, Dan Murray would suggest they are ruckman but i haven't seen them play... even someone like Jordan Roughead has been rucking in the Nationals..

I'd say after Nat, Andrew Browne and Tyrone Vickery would be the picks of the rucks.. (as i said, from what i've seen)

Add Trengrove to that list Bourky. And McKernan pinch hits in the ruck as well, has the ability to push forward and score a couple of nice goals, so you might as well add him.

McKernan dabbles in the ruck.

There's a couple of others too, if you look hard enough, but i have them going a lot later.

Where do you think Jordan Roughead will end up getting picked up around abouts Tiges..? I've got him down as a late second rounder, early third, but I haven't seen a lot of him to be honest, hence the question. And also your opinion on Vickery would be much appreciated, I've got him down for a second round selection.

Yea, see there is even more with Trengove and McKernan.. this year doesn't seem to have many "pure" ruckman, but rather plenty who can pinch hit and rotate...

Jordan Roughead will be taken by pick 25 for sure i reckon. but a lot hinges on this Wednesday... perform on Wednesday and a player might jump 10 places.. go missing and you could drop 10..

I've got him 3rd to fourth round GS.

Is 199 cm but only 87 kgs.

Needs to bulk up, and at his height would need to be athletic and have good disposal.

I think he's athletic but have queries as to whether he is athletic enough, and big question marks about his disposal.

Just doesn't do enough to go earlier than 30 IMO.

Has big upside, but not as much as you'd like.

That's my opinion from the little i've seen of him.

Hey where does everyone see Kane Lucas going? I rate him.

is he even eligible? i've got him down at 26th of June 1991.. whats the cut off date? (its changing from day to day:p)

IIRC its been pushed back to like April or something? (can anyone shed any light?)

but yea... pretty sure he is ineligible.. unless its July 1st (Which it very well may be)

is he even eligible? i've got him down at 26th of June 1991.. whats the cut off date? (its changing from day to day:p)

IIRC its been pushed back to like April or something? (anyone shed any light)

but yea... pretty sure he is ineligible.. unless its July 1st (Which it very well may be)

Definitely ineligible - April 30 is the cutoff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heres my go at it.

1-MELB-WATTS
2-WC-RICH
3-FREM-NATANUI
4-ESS-HURLEY
5-RICH-MCKERNAN
6-CARL-TRENGROVE
7-PA-HARTLETT
8-ST.K-ZEIBELL
9-KANG-YARRAN
10-COLL-SIDEBOTTOM
11-ADEL-CORNIELIUS
12-BRIS-SWIFT
13-SYD-SUBAN
14-WB-CORDY
15-HAW-DEBOER
16-GEEL-BROADBENT

Hey guys, I've done the online ladder predictor to figure out how the ladder will look at the end of the season (according to me and my bias). What I wanted to know was, which picks would go where (I'm not quite sure how the priority pick system works now and hopefully don't have to worry about it for a while now) and according to the clubs needs, who would go where. I'm don't have access to anything other than stats, and they can be misleading. I saw a bit of Jack Ziebell last year when he played in our local league. The hype was huge and he played a good role running off half-back, excellent set of hands. My ladder goes like this (assuming it stays the same after the finals):
1. Geelong
2. Bulldogs
3. Hawthorn
4. Collingwood
5. Bris Lions
6. Sydney
7. Adelaide
8. St Kilda
------------------
9. Carlton (Oh, the agony!)
10. Richmond
11. North Melbourne
12. Port Adelaide
13. Essendon
14. Fremantle (4 wins)
15. West Coast (3 wins, 68,48%)
16. Melbourne (3 wins, 67.99%)

Imagine being NickyNat and Rich come round 22 with the percentages that close. Thanks to anyone who replies to this. Not bad for a first post I reckon.

Hey guys, I've done the online ladder predictor to figure out how the ladder will look at the end of the season (according to me and my bias). What I wanted to know was, which picks would go where (I'm not quite sure how the priority pick system works now and hopefully don't have to worry about it for a while now) and according to the clubs needs, who would go where. I'm don't have access to anything other than stats, and they can be misleading. I saw a bit of Jack Ziebell last year when he played in our local league. The hype was huge and he played a good role running off half-back, excellent set of hands. My ladder goes like this (assuming it stays the same after the finals):
1. Geelong
2. Bulldogs
3. Hawthorn
4. Collingwood
5. Bris Lions
6. Sydney
7. Adelaide
8. St Kilda
------------------
9. Carlton (Oh, the agony!)
10. Richmond
11. North Melbourne
12. Port Adelaide
13. Essendon
14. Fremantle (4 wins)
15. West Coast (3 wins, 68,48%)
16. Melbourne (3 wins, 67.99%)

Imagine being NickyNat and Rich come round 22 with the percentages that close. Thanks to anyone who replies to this. Not bad for a first post I reckon.

According to your ladder, Melbourne, West Coast and Fremantle all gain priority picks. Melbourne gain pick 17, West Coast pick 18 and Fremantle pick 19. After those priority picks are taken at the end of the first round, the second round stats and Melbourne picks again at pick 20, etc.

Heres my go at it.

1-MELB-WATTS
2-WC-RICH
3-FREM-NATANUI
4-ESS-HURLEY
5-RICH-MCKERNAN
6-CARL-TRENGROVE
7-PA-HARTLETT
8-ST.K-ZEIBELL
9-KANG-YARRAN
10-COLL-SIDEBOTTOM
11-ADEL-CORNIELIUS
12-BRIS-SWIFT
13-SYD-SUBAN
14-WB-CORDY
15-HAW-DEBOER
16-GEEL-BROADBENT
Pretty good list, get rid of Cornelius, DeBoer and Broadbent and try to squeeze in Vickery (rated higher than McKernan) Lisle and Johnstone as well as Hill and maybe Hannebury. I'll be happy with any one of Sidebottom, Swift, Suban or Hill.

Pretty good list, get rid of Cornelius, DeBoer and Broadbent and try to squeeze in Vickery (rated higher than McKernan) Lisle and Johnstone as well as Hill and maybe Hannebury. I'll be happy with any one of Sidebottom, Swift, Suban or Hill.

hmmm very debatable... by the way how do you pronounce Lisle?

is it Lie-l (as in like aisle, kyle etc)

or Lis - Le

cheers

Pretty good list, get rid of Cornelius, DeBoer and Broadbent and try to squeeze in Vickery (rated higher than McKernan) Lisle and Johnstone as well as Hill and maybe Hannebury. I'll be happy with any one of Sidebottom, Swift, Suban or Hill./quote]

Stephen Hill ? ;)

According to your ladder, Melbourne, West Coast and Fremantle all gain priority picks. Melbourne gain pick 17, West Coast pick 18 and Fremantle pick 19. After those priority picks are taken at the end of the first round, the second round stats and Melbourne picks again at pick 20, etc.
So then assuming there are no trades, the first 20 picks would go:
1. Melbourne
2. WC
3. Freo
4. Essendon
5. Port
6. North
7. Richmond
8. Carlton
9. Saints
10. Adelaide
11. Sydney
12. Brisbane
13. Collingwood
14. Hawthorn
15. Bulldogs
16. Geelong
17. Melbourne
18. West Coast
19. Fremantle
20. Melbourne

I don't know much about the potential draftees this year, but if the draft worked out like this, how would the top 20 look?

Pretty good list, get rid of Cornelius, DeBoer and Broadbent and try to squeeze in Vickery (rated higher than McKernan) Lisle and Johnstone as well as Hill and maybe Hannebury. I'll be happy with any one of Sidebottom, Swift, Suban or Hill./quote]

Stephen Hill ? ;)
Shhh, don't say his name so loudly, he's still a secret.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

my top 16 in 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back