NAB Challenge 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a player called Sloane plays for Adelaide too but your right they were full strength and 3 possession for a senior premership player is acceptable

So 2 players is "undermanned". :$

My GTFO still stands.

Any word if whether we can get an upgrade for Cavka? Snadden putting his name ahead of College, Tunbridge and Lucas
Would say yes, if he's still counted as being on our list then we can just place him on the LTI and upgrade whoever we want, or if he's not counted as being on our list then this rule covers it (I believe we were at 39 main list players before his retirement) -
Nominated Rookies
(a)
Eligible Club
A Club, if it has:
(i)
39 Players on its Primary List, is eligible to nominate one (1) Rookie
Player; or
(ii)
38 Players on its Primary List, is eligible to nominate two (2) Rookie
Players,
under
this Rule and it otherwise satisfies the requirements of this Rule at any
time after the conclusion of the Pre-Season Draft Selection Meeting and before
2.00pm on the Tuesday after the Pre-Season Grand Final by lodging with the
AFL the form prescribed in Schedule 1 as Form 36. Player contracts are also
to be lodged with the AFL on or before this date.

Jetta was rubbish - hope for your sake he hasn't moved home for coin and relaxation.
Given the community work he's already done I doubt that's the case.

These things will happen to outside players when we rest all of our inside mids.

FFS guys it is a practice match, nothing more, nothing less. A run for some players.
That the AFL even televise these practice matches is beyond me let alone they actually charge people to go and watch them.
There is nothing to be concerned about.
This was not a real game, some need to just chill a bit.
Next week Adelaide travel and will take none of their senior players and get belted, they won't care just as we didn't care today.
Next week we will be more or less full strength and belt a side who left their senior players home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From our likely starting 22: Sloane, Brad crouch, Troy Menzel, Charlie Cameron, Riley knight

So very close to full strength. In particular our best defensive line up was out there.

I wouldn't worry, we broke even in the most important stat of the day: injuries - nil
Thanks Rory Walkerfield.

Good luck season 2015.

What melt down are you talking about i stated that 3 possessions for one of our senior premership player in his first game in our colours isn't good enough and that's a melt down pffft
Why rag on about Jetta when most of our senior players were rubbish? It's a practice match with managed minutes in which we went una man down. Add the fact that we only had one true inside midfielder in Hutchings and a player like Jetta will not get to play his natural game.

I'd be surprised if we couldn't, but I can't remember who we upgraded last year for Waters.
Yes you can elevate a rookie for Cavka, you could've for Waters as well but you never put him on LTI, to be fair it wasn't necessary as you only deemed 2 rookies worthy of promotion over the course of the season and you already had Brown & Mackenzie as LTIs very early.

Wow... relax guys, it was a nothing game.

Clearly the mindset of the lineup was to rest our seniors from a pointless interstate trip, as there will be many more, whilst also allowing those that don't get many chances of experiencing AFL intensity football to get a taste of what it's like.

If you thought we were going to win, well you're right! We did win.. No Injuries is all I wanted to see out of today.

Stop comparing a side with finals experience and proven structure, to an inexperienced side with no I50 targets and a structure that had more holes than a spaghetti strainer.

Lamb looked good.
Hutchings played really well and proved he'll be pushing spots all year.
Adamson did some nice things but came off as extremely rushed every time it came to a disposal.
Duggan looked a little rusty.
Hill did some really nice things in the first half
As did Bennell

Positive signs.. I'd like to see how we go against Gold Coast when these younger players are given specific roles in a structure, more so if they can execute them.

Though again, I'll take no injuries in the NAB cup all day everyday.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Challenge 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back