Didn't see a thread for this and thought it was time to get one going

Best NAP Cup Player:

Where do Port Finish:

Biggest Surprise of NAB Cup:

Player that will have an quiet NAB Cup:

Best NAP Cup Player: Brad Ebert

Where do Port Finish: Knocked out first round, then win 1 out of 3 trials

Biggest Surprise of NAB Cup: Butcher kicks straight

Player that will have an quiet NAB Cup: McCarthy (spelling?) will show why he was just a depth player at Collingwood

Best NAP Cup Player: Redden - By a long way

Where do Port Finish: Wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Crows and Blues, its a 20/20 form isn't it?

Biggest Surprise of NAB Cup: Our defence holding up for once

Player that will have an quiet NAB Cup: Lobbe, Hitchcock, Renouf.

Best NAB Cup player: Jacobs

Where do Port finish: Knocked out first round

Biggest surprise of the NAB Cup: We have a structure!

Player that will have a quiet NAB Cup: Blee

I thought it was round robin this year, not knockout?

Best NAB Cup player: Travis Boak.

Where do Port finish: Maybe beat Freo in Victor.

Biggest surprise of the NAB Cup: Redden performs above expectations.

Best NAB Cup Player: Brad Ebert of course

Where do Port Finish: lose the final to Hawthorn

Biggest Surprise of NAB Cup: making the final

Player that will have an quiet NAB Cup: Matt Thomas :p

Where do Port Finish: Wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Crows and Blues, its a 20/20 form isn't it?

its a 20/20 carnival thing first up, number one from every group goes through and then the best number 2 on percentage and from there on in its knockout

Player that will have an quiet NAB Cup: Lobbe, Hitchcock, Renouf.

I see what you did there;):p

its a 20/20 carnival thing first up, number one from every group goes through and then the best number 2 on percentage and from there on in its knockout

Whats with the games in Mandurah and Victor Harbor? On the AFL website it has two regular rounds after the 3-ways then straight to a GF.

Best NAP Cup Player: Usually the new guys or mature age recruits do well at this. I’ll go out on a limb with Brendon Ah Chee

Where do Port Finish: We’ll beat either the Crows or Carlton and that’ll be it.

Biggest Surprise of NAB Cup: Being forced to play GWS in the last game again and Jarrad Redden.

Player that will have a quiet NAB Cup: Matt Thomas due to interrupted preseason.

Best NAP Cup Player: Butcher

Where do Port Finish: Get past the round robin then out in the first Knockout

Biggest Surprise of NAB Cup: Collingwood not getting past the first round.

Player that will have an quiet NAB Cup: Any player with an interrupted preseason.

Best NAB Cup Player: Brad Ebert - The guy's got something to prove and he'll be electric.

Where do Port Finish: Will win more than we lose, but won't make the finals thanks to Percentage.

Biggest Surprise of NAB Cup: Competitive, 4 quarter footy. New coaching staff will shine through and we will all be singing their praises

Player that will have an quiet NAB Cup: Surj, Salopek & O'Shea - Probably only because I don't rate any of them this year (O'shea the only one who has his best footy to come, others are done)

HOW MANY GOALS WILL BUTCH KICK? 40!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NAB Cup this year is played over four games, two round robin and two full games and the best two teams on the prem ladder play off in a final.

Best player: Brad Ebert
where will we finish: Outside the top two.
Biggest surprise: our more competitiveness at ball ups.
Quiet player: Kane Cornres

I just hope we can see some good signs for the rest of the season. A structure, game plan, intensity at the stoppages and in 1 on 1 contests all round the ground. No injuries either too please.

Best player: David Rodan
Where will we finish: Not in the top two with a 2-2 record
Surprise: If what I hope for actually happens
Quiet Player: Broady

NAB Cup predictions

* People will be excited for the first ten minutes and then start counting the days until the real football starts.
* A rookie list player will look fantastic in the reduced pressure form of the game and maybe get elevated for an injured ruckman in the early rounds, then will have faded out of existence by round 5.
* Butch will get his first taste of season 2012 and will be the only player with two men on him.
* We will miss a lot of goals, and people will lament how players don't practice skills enough at training any more, without considering that players were mostly trying to arse low-percentage goals because there was no functional team structure.

Geez I hope you are wrong with this prediction

These are only Porthtradamus's new style optimistic predictions.:D

Just had a look at the fixture - there are two sides whose first round matches are the only ones shown on television during the three weeks of competition: us and Brisbane.

Even GWS get a match screened in the third round.

Of course, Geelong, Collingwood and Hawthorn get all their matches slotted at venues suitable for TV coverage.

Anyway - below are my predictions:

Where we will finish: 2-2 (wins against Adelaide and Fremantle, losses to Carlton and West Coast)
Best player: Brad Ebert will take the new player honours, whilst John Butcher will kick between 10 and 20 goals in the three weeks combined.
Biggest surprise: Our hardness at stoppages and a return to the running game
Quiet player: Bob.

Best NAB Cup Player: - Robbie Gray (2012 club champion too)

Where do Port Finish: knocked out round 1

Biggest Surprise of NAB Cup: John McCarthy showing all he needed was a real chance

Player that will have an quiet NAB Cup: based on expectations - butcher

NAB Cup predictions

* We will miss a lot of goals, and people will lament how players don't practice skills enough at training any more, without considering that players were mostly trying to arse low-percentage goals because there was no functional team structure.
Yeah, would rather lose every game pre-season in a team with structure, getting it right for the future. Lets see if Primus can show this year he's not going to go the Choco-lite route of hoping if you throw enough talent around at random, at some point something good will happen.

Best NAB Cup Player: Nathan Blee/Robbie Gray

Where do Port Finish: Runner up

Biggest Surprise of NAB Cup: Brad Ebert

Player that will have an quiet NAB Cup: Brett Ebert

I don't quite know how this happened..... Eddie must have his hands down someone elses pants as well as his own..

Saturday, Feb 18th - Western Bulldogs vs. Collingwood
Saturday, Feb 18th - Collingwood vs. GWS GIANTS
Saturday, Mar 3rd - Collingwood vs. Melbourne
Friday, Mar 9th - Adelaide Crows vs. Collingwood

What are the current odds for Collingwood being in & winning the NAB Cup GF?

How does a Victorian club get such an easy run?............ oh wait

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Cup Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back