• Dale Thomas (Collingwood)

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Shannon Hurn (West Coast Eagles)

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Nathan Ablett (Geelong)

Votes: 23 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's very hard for a player to step straight into AFL footy for starters, but to go straight in then win the award is dam near impossible. Brett Deledio is just exceptional.

I think the winner is more likely to come from the 2nd and 3rd year players.

Courtney Jones, Fergus Watts, Nathan Ablett, and Andrew Mcqualter head my list.

Of the most recent draftees, I'd say Hurn is a lesser side would be a big shot, but for possibly the best side next year he may not get enough games. Nathan Jones would be the one with the best chance IMO. Murphy a chance, but not a big one IMO.

Marc Murphy may be the best player out of the group I posted in the long run, but I don't think the NAB rising star will appear on his resume.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Nathan Jones will be a bit of a smokey, I think he will be thrown into the deep end down at Melbourne and will be rotated into their now becoming good midfield.

But the safest bet would be Marc Murphy knowing he will play 16 games or more (providing no injuries). I think it will be Marc Murphy or Ablett I think Geelong will begin to rely on him more for more goals.

Roughie said:
I think Nathan Jones will be a bit of a smokey, I think he will be thrown into the deep end down at Melbourne and will be rotated into their now becoming good midfield.

But the safest bet would be Marc Murphy knowing he will play 16 games or more (providing no injuries). I think it will be Marc Murphy or Ablett I think Geelong will begin to rely on him more for more goals.
this guy wont go near the media so dont expect him to accept an award

Since when did you guys all become such experts on Courtney Johns. Yes he played pretty poorly in his 4 games last year. But he was coming off a massive injury, he was nowhere near (AFL) match fit and IMO should never have been played. This off season he will do his first ever full pre-season, and he is already a tank, with a bit of fitness to go with it....he could have a big year next season IMO.

I'd give Mitch Morton from WC a better chance than Shannon Hurn.

Morton debuted in 2005, but is still eligible, and will probably play more senior footy in 2006 than Hurn.

cypher said:
If Fergus Watts:rolleyes: wins it they'll put a man on Billy Jean King.

It may be Jones or Hurn if Murphy doesn't play enough games.

And Birchall would be less likely to win it than Jordan Russell, Blackwell and Hartlett.

Fergus Watts has a huge chance I think. He kicked 12 goals for Centrals in the SANFL semi final. enough said.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB rising star

Back