• Dale Thomas (Collingwood)

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Shannon Hurn (West Coast Eagles)

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Nathan Ablett (Geelong)

Votes: 23 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Richard Tambling could be a frontrunner, if he can keep himself fit. Has plenty of ability, has had a season to settle in at the club, and should get plenty of gametime.

Similarly, if Tom Williams can find some touch he may surprise, given that he is likely to get given some key responsibility. Jarryd Roughead was motoring home late in the year, simply because he got a prominent role and made the most of the responsibility.

Of the first year players, Murphy should get plenty of opportunity and Hurn will impress if given the chance. Don't be surprised to see Ben McKinley doing well up forward for the Eagles also.

From a club perspective, not a lot to get overly enthused about at Hawthorn, but Thurgood & Young may do well. Thomas Murphy could also be a smokey depending on how much game time he manages.

samthemanlonergan said:
What utter rubbish, there is a list of probably 150 that are eligable. So you cannot insist it is a two horse race you fool. Thats like me saying the 2006 premiership is out of Kangaroos and Fremantle, Mark my words.
They can insist it if they like.

Courtney Johns is not even eligible for the Rising Star fyi, and on exposed form he'd be just hoping to start playing well for Bendigo at this point in time.

Beau Waters would have to be a big chance imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id put money on rusling..

put then again T.Cloke can still win it, and thommo might play alot of footy this year up forward..

Courtney Johns LOL.. more of a FIGJAM than a footballer..

Jimbeam said:
put then again T.Cloke can still win it

Then he'd be the first ever player to win the award without meeting the criteria.

Jimbeam said:
Courtney Johns LOL.. more of a FIGJAM than a footballer..

If you knew anything of Courtney you would know his attitude and opinion of himself is not his failing. Possibly the most level headed and dedicated bloke at the club.

whirl said:
They can insist it if they like.

Courtney Johns is not even eligible for the Rising Star fyi, and on exposed form he'd be just hoping to start playing well for Bendigo at this point in time.

Beau Waters would have to be a big chance imho.

"The winner must be under the age of 21 at January 1 of that year, must not have played more than 10 games to the start of that season and must not have been suspended by the AFL or State League tribunals during the season"

Johns wont turn 22 till next November so i's say he is still eligable.

samthemanlonergan said:
"The winner must be under the age of 21 at January 1 of that year, must not have played more than 10 games to the start of that season and must not have been suspended by the AFL or State League tribunals during the season"

You just said it yourself, Johns is not eligible because he's not under the age of 21 as of January 1st, 2006, he is 21 and therefore too old. It doesn't say 21 and under, it says under 21.

samthemanlonergan said:

If you turn 21 prior to the start of the year (as Johns has in this case), you don't qualify.

For example, Cartledge turns 21 in June 2006 and played less than 10 games. He qualifies.

Johns turned 21 prior to January 1st 2006. Regardless of having played less than 20 games, he does not qualify.

lol courtney johns??? :confused:

anyway im going to be interesting and say nathan jones. good size, good confidence and more importantly, his attack on the ball will impress many.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB rising star

Back