NAblett return..

Remove this Banner Ad

kinggaz29

Cancelled
Jun 20, 2007
GTOWN
AFL Club
Geelong
With big tomahawk out this week in vfl due to foot injury does anyone have any info on nab and if he would be a chance to return this week to replace hawk?
If his body and mind are ok seems a logical replacement for mine...

With big tomahawk out this week in vfl due to foot injury does anyone have any info on nab and if he would be a chance to return this week to replace hawk?
If his body and mind are ok seems a logical replacement for mine...

i know one of the local boys who trains with the vfl, hasnt got a game yet, but he says nablett hasnt really been since since the week the camera's were all over him. so dont think his been around the club.

• Banned
i know one of the local boys who trains with the vfl, hasnt got a game yet, but he says nablett hasnt really been since since the week the camera's were all over him. so dont think his been around the club.
Gee thats a bit of a worry..... with no vfl this wk i suppose it gives him more time but the clock is fastly ticking by...

Gee thats a bit of a worry..... with no vfl this wk i suppose it gives him more time but the clock is fastly ticking by...

for what? He was never going to play seniors this year.

The only way he's going to get delisted is if he doesn't show up. If he decides to play next year he's in - no doubt about it whatsoever.

Absolutely right. They put a couple of years into him, why throw it away on a kid who for all we know will do exactly the same thing?

the end of the year, when he shows nothing and gets de-listed.

That's what the clock is ticking down to.

If Nathan shows interest, is keen and re-invigorated, there is no doubt whatsoever that the Cats wouldn't delist him.

If he doesn't have any interest, they most likely will.

That has nothing to do with him playing. It is his mindset that is what they are after, we all know he can play.

Nathan has probably done the club a favor with the salary cap issues. Having spent the year out and dropped in value as a player he will be re-signed on probably less money than if he had stayed and kicked 40-50 goals this year in the Seniors.

I am so over the Nablett coming back thing it is rediculous. Had he had donated his minimum player payment (approx 85k pa) to charity and then done it tough on the real money associated with unskilled pay rates then I would say "good on ya Pal".
He's done the footy club no favours and I really couldn't give rats if he didn't play again......... unless he's preared to play for jack to prooovr a point .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am so over the Nablett coming back thing it is rediculous. Had he had donated his minimum player payment (approx 85k pa) to charity and then done it tough on the real money associated with unskilled pay rates then I would say "good on ya Pal".
He's done the footy club no favours and I really couldn't give rats if he didn't play again......... unless he's preared to play for jack to prooovr a point .....

Show some respect. No favours? Nathan was the full forward in our first premiership in 44 years. He was an extremely valuable player last year playing a sacrificing team orientated game and his efforts were greatly undervalued.

As a premiership player Nathan has earnt the right to hero status in our club whether he comes back or not. He has done his service. Geelong chased him to get him to play for us in the first place knowing already his personality and attitudes. If wants a break then that is understandable and I support it. I hope he comes back and plays for us but you know, if he doesn't then I think it is refreshing that he can go out on such a high. Not everyone has to play 200 games or play until sacked or tapped on the shoulder and politely asked to retire. Good luck to him.

Yeh saw him and Gaz the other day: Gaz was walking fine, Nathan could barely move.

I found it mildly humourous, given that it was around the time of the Gaz 7 weeks rumour.

Show some respect. No favours? Nathan was the full forward in our first premiership in 44 years. He was an extremely valuable player last year playing a sacrificing team orientated game and his efforts were greatly undervalued.

As a premiership player Nathan has earnt the right to hero status in our club whether he comes back or not. He has done his service. Geelong chased him to get him to play for us in the first place knowing already his personality and attitudes. If wants a break then that is understandable and I support it. I hope he comes back and plays for us but you know, if he doesn't then I think it is refreshing that he can go out on such a high. Not everyone has to play 200 games or play until sacked or tapped on the shoulder and politely asked to retire. Good luck to him.
--------------------------------
Well spoken sir! Football does not equal life and if Nathan Ablett needs time to sort out his future it's good that he's done that away from the hype and pressure of AFL. He has great potential but also needs the desire and commitment. The club won't keep him on without those things.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAblett return..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back