M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Should come at a bargain rate, we got Lincoln McCarthy right, wouldn't mind taking the chance with Nakia.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tr...d/news-story/ab414a65190e0607a79452c357567835

Geelong excitement machine Nakia Cockatoo looms as a potential bargain pick-up this trade period for a rival club willing to back their medical team.

The 23-year-old Cats midfielder has been ravaged by injuries with just 34 games in six years.

But the Herald Sun reports Cockatoo could explore his options this off-season when he comes out of contract, especially if a club is willing to commit to a longer deal.

It would be a major risk. Cockatoo is yet to play a senior game in 2020, while he hasn‘t strung two games together since Rounds 2 and 3 two years ago.

The report floated Brisbane as an option given their success in helping Lincoln McCarthy, another previously injury-prone Cat, turn his career around up north.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should come at a bargain rate, we got Lincoln McCarthy right, wouldn't mind taking the chance with Nakia.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tr...d/news-story/ab414a65190e0607a79452c357567835

Geelong excitement machine Nakia Cockatoo looms as a potential bargain pick-up this trade period for a rival club willing to back their medical team.

The 23-year-old Cats midfielder has been ravaged by injuries with just 34 games in six years.

But the Herald Sun reports Cockatoo could explore his options this off-season when he comes out of contract, especially if a club is willing to commit to a longer deal.

It would be a major risk. Cockatoo is yet to play a senior game in 2020, while he hasn‘t strung two games together since Rounds 2 and 3 two years ago.

The report floated Brisbane as an option given their success in helping Lincoln McCarthy, another previously injury-prone Cat, turn his career around up north.

Not sure we would be accomodating given your ladder position and ours. McCarthy you were in a different position.

Brisbane have been in his ear for 18 months. He decided to repay the faith and stay at Geelong.

If I were him I'd go North, Scott just keeps refusing to play him ... I mean how long are we going to hold back for when he's fit and ready to go and given the likes of Atkins and Close are in the side.

If they don't play him soon he just might take up the offer and I wouldn't blame him in the slightest ... although I have spoken to someone close to him and he loves Geelong and is a pretty loyal guy who just wants to play so who knows.

Brisbane are in the situation where they can afford to offer him a 2 or 3 year deal, Geelong aren't willing to do that given his injury history. I would because if he stays fit he'll be devestating.

Would be a great pickup. Has the right amount of nasty in him that will help Brisbane push for a flag.

Will be angry if he leaves after we get him fit. Dont blame him though with shit-trucks like Atkins and Close in the team.

Oh, and he is worth nothing. Pick 121942

Dees hold Hawks 2nd round pick, trade that for Cockatoo and Geelongs 2nd?

I think he will want Brisbane due to their medical team.

Pick in the 40s same as McCarthy I think but I'd rather keep him if we can.

Would we even use a pick in the 40's? That would be our fifth draft pick this year.

It could be a future pick I just meant the equivalent of that draft pick. But I would rather keep him he will either get injured again and retire or become an A grade somewhere and I'd rather that be with us if so. But he might choose to leave.

Fair trade actually but I doubt he wants Melbourne.

Nah, his old man is pretty ingrained in community here. I remember talking to him about Geelongs program and he was pretty happy hearing about your clubs efforts to bring in community. Plus his dad used to play in the EDFL...

Would be be very happy for Carlton to take a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, his old man is pretty ingrained in community here. I remember talking to him about Geelongs program and he was pretty happy hearing about your clubs efforts to bring in community. Plus his dad used to play in the EDFL...

Would be be very happy for Carlton to take a chance.

I meant more I doubt he wants Melbourne the club not the city.

Would definitely be asking the question was a big fan before he got cut down by injury.
A fresh start might do him the world of good and we put Parfitt through our academy just to have you draft him Fair's fair😉

Gotta laugh and people talking about this because a story broke “he should look for a trade” yes he’s had injury’s but there’s no way we’re trading him even with a possible list downsize. This is his first year at actually getting his body right. It’s a last ditch effort that will involve a year contract and I seem to think he will repay the faith the GFC has shown him and have a big crack at getting through a pre season.

Is Nakia linked to Us because of our medical team or is there an actually link to the Lions and him wanting to come here
There is no actual genuine link, it was a article written saying that maybe it’s time to try new things and because McCarthy was able to get fit at Brisbane maybe he should go there.
What the article doesn’t actually explain is he has been injury free “touch wood” for the past few months

What is it with Geelong keeping players on the list for years on end only for them to leave cheaply?

Vardy, McCarthy, Menzel, Kersten, Mitch Brown... I'm surprised no one picked up Josh Cowan.

Would be a total kick in the nuts for Geelong if Cockatoo left and ended up playing 15-20 games next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Nakia Cockatoo [traded to Brisbane for 2021 R3 (Melb)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back