Nathan Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I don't know how Bock allegedly taking "amino acids" given to him by Dank, who was working at the club at the time" classifies him as a "rogue player". A rogue player to me would be someone who tracks down banned substances from outside sources.

Sad for Bock if he had NFI what he was taking, but as ASADA says "don't trust anyone".

Yeah I don't know how Bock allegedly taking "amino acids" given to him by Dank, who was working at the club at the time" classifies him as a "rogue player". A rogue player to me would be someone who tracks down banned substances from outside sources.

Sad for Bock if he had NFI what he was taking, but as ASADA says "don't trust anyone".

Not sure why it would be done at his home and by himself, if it was through the club.

If the club knew about it and approved it, it would not be done at his home. Sounds a bit roguish to me.

There are two sorts of people who inject themselves with substances with syringes

drug addicts who inject illegal substances such as heroin

And people who are trying to hide something

(apologies to some insulin self administrators)

Not sure why it would be done at his home and by himself, if it was through the club.

If the club knew about it and approved it, it would not be done at his home. Sounds a bit roguish to me.

Well the injections were done "in December", ala it could have coincided with his Christmas break. Where was Bock at the time? Was he on the GC or does he have family elsewhere?

There are two sorts of people who inject themselves with substances with syringes

drug addicts who inject illegal substances such as heroin

And people who are trying to hide something

(apologies to some insulin self administrators)

Or those on a Christmas break in another state who think they are injecting themselves with standard peptides to help with recovery ???

Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

Like Essendon players, Bock was the one ultimately responsible for what they take. Just taking some dude's word for it IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. This is drummed into them from day 1. Now I know Bock's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is a senior player. There is no excuse.

Like Essendon players, Bock was the one ultimately responsible for what they take. Just taking some dude's word for it IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. This is drummed into them from day 1. Now I know Bock's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is a senior player. There is no excuse.

There is a lot of speculation on the consent forms, too on that front, may well not get enough, but it did leave they with some awareness to make sure what they were taking was legal, depends with ASADA is that was enough though,

a new slant on what I thought a 'rogue' doper would be. but that's the acc for you I guess.
Was always going to be the case once everyone got a handle that Dank was ground zero in regards to ACC/ASADA investigations. Some poor bugger allegedly taking something that he was told was OK.....

So guilty as charged....

No need for an investigation... let's just hang him because it has been alleged...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If found to be guilty... same as Essendon ... then there is no excuse.

u know Bock isn't the sharpest tool in the shed... Based on?

Why didn't he check with his manager Rick Olarenshaw ? Hope Dyson Heppell checked with Rick before taking anything from Dank. The AFL world is so interwoven I cannot believe that EFC hadn't heard anything dodgy about Dank.

I think a pall is cast over Goodins career.

As for Olarenshaw -"its a club matter" - I dont think so buddy. ASADA will be going after Bock as an individual.

Why didn't he check with his manager Rick Olarenshaw ? Hope Dyson Heppell checked with Rick before taking anything from Dank. The AFL world is so interwoven I cannot believe that EFC hadn't heard anything dodgy about Dank.

The bombers head hunted Dank specifically to run their programs - he knew where to source chemicals (expensive but generally uncontaminated)

WADA/ASADA don't care about excuses and ignorance - its the same penalty for first time offenders

The only reduction can come from cooperation

And calling for an investigation and bringing in club insiders such as Ziggy is not cooperating

It all depends on what the players have said in their interviews

They only need two or more players to be found guilty of doping of a banned substance - and they can nail the whole team/club

There will be lots of rug sweeping by the AFL - but ultimately its not up to the AFL what happens to the EFC.

From that article:
"He was fined $10,000 and suspended for two matches in 2011 for leaking match-related information that generated $40,000 in winnings for friends and family.

The league accepted he had not leaked the information for gambling."

It really is Wonderland at AFL HQ.

Friendly moderator here wishing you all a good morning. Bans will ensue for people who troll this thread. We've had enough. This includes Essendon fans "reverse trolling"
Aww, thank you for the kind words, Wookie, and a very good morning from all of us here to you also.

From that article:
"He was fined $10,000 and suspended for two matches in 2011 for leaking match-related information that generated $40,000 in winnings for friends and family.

The league accepted he had not leaked the information for gambling."

It really is Wonderland at AFL HQ.

....you haven't seen anything yet - wait until the ASADA penalties come down on the EFC

If they smoke him, then they MUST smoke each Essendon player that has admitted to taking the injections regardless of if the claim to have known the legalities of the substance or not.

Bock reportedly used CJC-1295, which has been outright banned for some time. So I'm afraid he has to go. I still think those using AOD-9604 will probably receive the minimum, but a ban is warranted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back