Nathan Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

Bock reportedly used CJC-1295, which has been outright banned for some time. So I'm afraid he has to go. I still think those using AOD-9604 will probably receive the minimum, but a ban is warranted.
When the leader of ASADA commented some time ago she showed some sympathy for young, naive, illiterate indigenous players. I don't think Bock qualifies on 3 out 4 so 2 years is a given. Same will apply to any senior Essendon players.

Bock reportedly used CJC-1295, which has been outright banned for some time. So I'm afraid he has to go. I still think those using AOD-9604 will probably receive the minimum, but a ban is warranted.

agree with that - provided that the Thymosin and Hexarelin matter is sorted out in favour of the EFC

I was hopeful before reading the article, a substance listed as banned, doing stuff at home, there isn't much wiggle room at all

I was hopeful before reading the article, a substance listed as banned, doing stuff at home, there isn't much wiggle room at all

First offences incur 2 year bans which can be reduced to a minimum of 6 months if the athlete cooperates

Second offences can incur life time bans

First offences incur 2 year bans which can be reduced to a minimum of 6 months if the athlete cooperates

Second offences can incur life time bans

at his age though thats basically career over :(

at his age though thats basically career over :(

which is why the AFL/EFC decided to cooperate with the ASADA investigation (kind of).

6 months is manageable - even for a veteran

2 years is almost impossible to return from (unless youre very young and someone keep in prime condition during the ban period)

I predict that the pies will be playing someone else in the 2014 ANZAC day match

So we have aprox 6 players at Essendon, Trengove from Melbourne and now Bock. Are the media and football fans going to now go after Gold Coast like they are Essendon?

which is why the AFL/EFC decided to cooperate with the ASADA investigation (kind of).

6 months is manageable - even for a veteran

2 years is almost impossible to return from (unless youre very young and someone keep in prime condition during the ban period)

I predict that the pies will be playing someone else in the 2014 ANZAC day match
Im pretty sure the ban will include the offseason so they still may be available for anzac day

Im pretty sure the ban will include the offseason so they still may be available for anzac day

really? so ASADA will ban players from training during the Christmas holidays and off season.

Seems a bit severe to me

I would appeal against that outrageous suspension and have the ban back dated to the year 2012

413508-kyle-reimers.jpg

really? so ASADA will ban players from training during the Christmas holidays and off season.

Seems a bit severe to me

I would appeal against that outrageous suspension and have the ban back dated to the year 2012

413508-kyle-reimers.jpg
Im being serious.. I actually agree with you but it was stated on SEN the other day. seems silly i know

What I'm wondering is why is it okay to name Nathan Bock, but not one of the (six or so) Essendon players?

It doesn't seem like this is a case of horses for courses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afl just showing they can ban people, seems like some PR saving.

As someone else said why is it ok to name bock but not essendon players, I guess one of them is a brownlow medalist.

Afl just showing they can ban people, seems like some PR saving.

As someone else said why is it ok to name bock but not essendon players, I guess one of them is a brownlow medalist.
I know, it sickens me how the AFL can favor one club over others

WOW! You guys are sad lol. You guys have decided Essendon are guilty and are now looking for things to point to Essendon being protected if they don't end up with players banned.

Question the media, and allow due process to takes its course. Also put all of the puzzle pieces together before you try to guess what the picture is.

So we have aprox 6 players at Essendon, Trengove from Melbourne and now Bock. Are the media and football fans going to now go after Gold Coast like they are Essendon?

If it's shown that the Suns had a club initiated program of injecting dubious substances, the provenance of which were not satisfactorily established, then yes, they probably will. If, however, it proves to be one player doing something unbelievably stupid, then probably not.

Yep. It essentially was though, with the broken leg last year. Very hard for an old fella to come back from that. :(

Jenny

The article says the injections took place in Dec. 2010. Am I correct in thinking he left the Crows after the 2010 season? If so, that would put it in his first pre-season with the Suns?

Did he have an injury when he left the Crows? I ask because the timing seems a bit unusual.

Jenny

The article says the injections took place in Dec. 2010. Am I correct in thinking he left the Crows after the 2010 season? If so, that would put it in his first pre-season with the Suns?

Did he have an injury when he left the Crows? I ask because the timing seems a bit unusual.

He did have an injury... can't remember what now. I remember most of us saying we couldn't blame him leaving us to go to Gold Coast because of his age and unreliable body. Will have to have a look see what it was.

Edit: Was a constant battle leg/groin on and off over the year I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Bock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back