Nathan Buckley on Footy Classified tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks. I missed it because I was busy watching a quality footy show on channel 7 (which was very good, though anything without Hutchy & Caro is bound to be an improvement). But might set the recorder to tape the replay so that I can watch the Bucks interview while not having to watch the rest of their crap.
I watched both up to the Buckley interview, and frankly did not think that 7's show was any better than 9's. In fact, with Tim Watson compromising the honesty of the 7 show, Footy Classifieds was at least as interesting. Admittedly it was difficult to do justice to either show watching in this manner, but given that both shows devoted about half their time to Essendon, nothing much was truly missed.

As others have said, Bucks is a class act.

Wow he was very impressive. Loved his answer on Grundy. I agree keep
Playing him while in form no matter how little experience he has.

Hird vs Voss vs Buckley was such a big debate

I know who is shining bright at the moment! Well done bucks

If we make the granny, Bux has no problems making the hard decisions.

He'll Kickett out whoever, no matter what they Dids before.:p:D:oops:

You are a silly big spider at times!:p
SpiderHat.gif

Just like a lethal injection of Starca over Ronny McKeown, which also stitched up the tailor.
Plus 20 years on when the malt house neon lights were dimmed & we had to rely upon a sack of gold to illuminate the path to glory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As always Bucks was brilliant.

The highlight had to be the "You would have spoken to Geoff Walsh" to Caro when asked about why he left and if he was punished for his handling of the Harry situation, was absolute gold.

Bucks is just the best at handling the media.

I love the way he always answers the question without answering the question. Walsh question, case in point.;)

I could listen to him for hours

I can't think of any other 'footy person' who is as composed as Bucks, and handles the media so well :rainbow:

and he just quells all those rumours and speculation with one word :)

I have always been a big fan ever since he came to the Pies, love the way he has handled himself as a player, assistant coach and senior coach, comes across as a person of high integrity.
Was in a bank one day (during his playing days) and I asked for his autograph, the only paper I had was a withdrawal slip, he happily signed and said "don't fill in the blanks" with a smile.
I have no doubt if and when the day comes that he doesn't feel he is the person for the job, would do what is right by the club.

Did a Fantastic Job. Though Sounds like Butters is Gone to the Scum on what Bucks Said

I wouldn't say gone, I'd just say that Butters was weighing up his options. Sounds like his contract provides him with an option for an additional year, so who knows, maybe he'll elect to take it and Collingwood has to extend his contract, even if they were thinking of a change. In that case, he doesn't even need to forecast it, he could just act. So I don't think things are cast yet.

Bucks previous experience in the Media is an absolute boon for him, and the club, in interview situations.
He is a very rounded performer in and out of the box.
What I love most is his willingness to make the observation he has a lot to learn, well before anyone else can raise it.
It is at odds with the aloof perceptions people made of him, wrongly I maintain, throughout his career as a player.

Bucks previous experience in the Media is an absolute boon for him, and the club, in interview situations.
He is a very rounded performer in and out of the box.
What I love most is his willingness to make the observation he has a lot to learn, well before anyone else can raise it.
It is at odds with the aloof perceptions people made of him, wrongly I maintain, throughout his career as a player.
He even went so far as to say that his coaching apprenticeship was limited to only one club. This was in response to Caro's question asking if he thought that an apprenticeship was important in light of the experiences of Voss and Hird. He is a very modest kind of guy.

He even went so far as to say that his coaching apprenticeship was limited to only one club. This was in response to Caro's question asking if he thought that an apprenticeship was important in light of the experiences of Voss and Hird. He is a very modest kind of guy.
Depends what you mean by 'modest' - I think its more 'self-effacing', he's always been super confident of his abilities and skills and in his younger days fell foul of the 'FIGJAM' label. I believe he has learned to 'hide his light under a bushell'

Bucks FIGJAM label came from Brisbane players who probably rightly were indignant that Bucks never wavered from his desire to get to Collingwood despite the AFL forcing him to play one season with the Bears simply to make a point regarding their newly confabulated draft rules.

Depends what you mean by 'modest' - I think its more 'self-effacing', he's always been super confident of his abilities and skills and in his younger days fell foul of the 'FIGJAM' label. I believe he has learned to 'hide his light under a bushell'
I conveniently overlooked the FIGJAM label, though it is possible he is not as confident in his coaching abilities as he was in his football skills. Self-effacing more accurately describes the public side of his coaching persona.

Bucks FIGJAM label came from Brisbane players who probably rightly were indignant that Bucks never wavered from his desire to get to Collingwood despite the AFL forcing him to play one season with the Bears simply to make a point regarding their newly confabulated draft rules.
Agreed about Bears, Bux made it clear he wanted to go to Collingwood before the bears drafted him - by the way - has the AFL changed the rules to stop players doing a Bux???

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Buckley on Footy Classified tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back