Player Watch Nathan Kreuger (Delisted 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

I went and watched him at Victoria Park one time, and loved the vocal and energetic way he went about it. I hope his body holds up, because he is such fun
This.
He always seemed like a really fun and goofy guy on the Pies socials, never took himself seriously.
I always thought he could make it and am sad that he's no longer around the club.
I hope he gets another crack.

It's not just the injuries with this bloke, when he started t Geelong the "excuse" for his fumbles and lack of coordination were that he'd had a massive growth spurt and gone from an athletic mid to a KPP in 12 months. They speculated then that he'd settle and that his skills would eventually improve.

6 years on and he still crosses his hands when he attempts to mark overhead, he still double takes at picking the ball up or marking and that leaves him off balance and prone to extra contact. AND then there's the injuries.

He's a great bloke, but footy at the highest level just isn't his go. He's tried.

The main flaw is that he is suspect overhead...Ya cant sustain a career as a key position forward if your one wood is a chest mark
Id say that's because his shoulders are absolutely cooked more than anything. Always put himself about even at his own detriment. I liked him, but with tim membrey on his way for probably peanuts meant NK would be in the two's all year unless injured

Some blueballers talking about picking him on the main board.
One mentioned bringing him home, (paraphrasing).
I didn’t know he was one of their compensations for their last spoon.

“Kreuger was picked in a roundabout way in 2018 prior to the draft. The two bottom teams on the ladder that year Carlton and Gold Coast applied for priority picks in the National Draft, which the AFL denied. However, Gold Coast were granted pre-draft access to up to three and Carlton up to two mature-aged State League players each, these selections could be traded to other clubs. Carlton had traded one of their picks to Geelong.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Kreuger (Delisted 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back