Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

The term "list clogger" comes to mind with Krueger. How many years has he been on the list now? Injured 80% of the time and when he does play he is as unpredictable to his teammates as he is to the opposition. I don't see him developing any forward craft, he is too manic and lacks composure and touch around goal. The Cats let him go easily and they knew why. We need to look for another solution. You can make mistakes infront of goal now and then like he did on Saturday, shit happens, but you need to bank some credits before you can get away with it, he has zero credits in the bank. For me he is more of a momentum killing player than an inspiring player. Yes, he can snag the odd set shot goal but mostly he does liability things.

The term "list clogger" comes to mind with Krueger. How many years has he been on the list now? Injured 80% of the time and when he does play he is as unpredictable to his teammates as he is to the opposition. I don't see him developing any forward craft, he is too manic and lacks composure and touch around goal. The Cats let him go easily and they knew why. We need to look for another solution. You can make mistakes infront of goal now and then like he did on Saturday, shit happens, but you need to bank some credits before you can get away with it, he has zero credits in the bank. For me he is more of a momentum killing player than an inspiring player. Yes, he can snag the odd set shot goal but mostly he does liability things.

I look at him as a tease. Clearly has the ability to play senior footy but finds a way (injury or concussion) to regularly torpedo himself.

I'd like to see him at CHB. He has the speed and size to be a menace and cover off which is what we are missing.

I think he's promising, but I'm pretty sure that's 4 concussions in 2 years - getting towards dangerous territory.

I look at him as a tease. Clearly has the ability to play senior footy but finds a way (injury or concussion) to regularly torpedo himself.

I'd like to see him at CHB. He has the speed and size to be a menace and cover off which is what we are missing.
He's not safe enough overhead for CHB.

There may well be some other positions to try him at but the fact that he is so injury prone and can't be relied upon to get through more than a few games at best is the biggest problem.

We don't need more chaos in defense and Freddy is good at bringing chaos. In the midfield around the ball could be an option to use his physicallity but that physicality would come at a cost to more injuries. So, I just don't know where is a good place for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From those 5 games in the side, I think there is plenty of promise and a lot of upside to him still. It’s not surprising he’s still pretty raw given his limited exposure over the last couple years.

I think where his improvement comes from is finding some composure while out there, something which should well come with more experience. He tends to play quite manically sometimes and I reckon a lot of his unpolished moments would improve if he was just that tad more grounded while he’s out there.

The upsides he does have in his kicking, tackling, and explosive pace/leap still make him quite dangerous, so I would like to see us persist with him beyond this year and keep getting a run at it to see how he fairs with some continuity and experience.

I think he's promising, but I'm pretty sure that's 4 concussions in 2 years - getting towards dangerous territory.
Think it’s 3 IIRC. One in early 2022, one last year, then this one? Or have I missed one?

Regardless, you probably wouldn’t want him to get too many more now, but I suppose it’s hard to fully gauge without knowing what his junior footy record was like, etc.

Hope he pulls up alright.

So we are going to start retire players off every time they get a few concussions. McCartin seems to be going okay at Sydney and his has a heap of concussions.

So we are going to start retire players off every time they get a few concussions. McCartin seems to be going okay at Sydney and his has a heap of concussions.
No, but we're going to be monitoring them more closely, which is the advice. With players with a concussion history it's also advised to be more cautious with return to play, so don't be surprised if he's out for two weeks rather than 1 like Noble was and Schultz will probably be. The younger guys were also two weeks or more as you're advised to be more cautious with blokes under 25, as the brain isn't fully formed until then.

Probably depends on the symptoms being suffered.

He’ll probably get another year, but I don’t have much hope for him to make any progression. Takes the occasional good mark and delivers some energy in the forward line, but is way too chaotic (Explains the injuries) at times which leads to some horrible blunders like we saw last week.

He’s a decent squad option, but not one I’d be pinning my hopes on in the long term.

He needs to work on his overhead marking and hands in general. He is still too fumbly when attacking the ball be it in the air or on the ground. Those two early stuff ups set the scene for the day. It's frustrating when you are desperate for a bloke to succeed but he keeps shooting himself in the foot one way or another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back