Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Farrant is 189 cm - he isn’t a better option than Kruegs he isn’t a key position player
Farrant is good at jumping and taking a grab. Kroogs is average.
Dunno if he's our answer though.

Did you see any of Patrick Farrant earlier in the year playing VFL? How about Sam Glover? BOTH way better options than Kreugs.
I saw both play at Casey in person.
Glover was playing full back, and Farrant got 1 mark for the day and kicked 2. Krueger has much more aerial presence going forward to him each time we go forward, where Farrant isn't really a key forward.
I believe Glover kicked 5 and Farrant 6 goals, respectively, for the year. Which Krueger equalled in 5 games.
I haven't seen either of the other 2 in the ruck, but I'm happy to be proven wrong there.
I also believe both of them are older than Krueger as well.

To be fair, I really like Glover and even got to have a couple of words with him after the Casey game. They wouldn't cost us much in rookie listing either of them. But I'll have to disagree, I don't see them both as way better options.

I'd like him to be retained too.

But the issue is main list spots - we don't have many spare - and we need a minimum of 3 plus however many recruits we add through trade, so he's one of a few who they might be thinking of delisting and and then rookieing.

We have to at least Rookie list Kreuger. You need a back up forward/ruck. Yes he’s pretty injury prone but he goes hard and gives maximum effort.

We have to at least Rookie list Kreuger. You need a back up forward/ruck. Yes he’s pretty injury prone but he goes hard and gives maximum effort.
Tend to agree. I doubt they'd be willing to bank on one of our young rucks being ready to go next year. And one of Cox and Cameron is likely to get an injury at some stage. Cox does every year. They might add someone else though.

I’d offer him a year on the senior list. His senior contribution this year merits that ahead of (for example) AJ and Ryan.
The issue is senior list spots. Doesn't make any difference to the player what list they're on, but we can only add trades or national draft guys to the senior list. So we've got to have vacancies there.

Murphy is gone
Then you've got Noble and maybe Richards, but you can't lock their moves in yet.
Then I think Reef and Kruegs are the only uncontracted guys on the senior ist
AJ, Macrae and Ryan are the contracted senior guys that could be moved to rookie list.

There's just not enough senior list vacancies to commit a senior list spot to kriegs before trade week.

Last edited:
The issue is senior list spots. Doesn't make any difference to the player what list they're on, but we can only add trades or national draft guys to the senior list. So we've got to have vacancies there.

Murphy is gone
Then you've got Noble and maybe Richards, but you can't lock their moves in yet.
Then I think Reef and Kruegs are the only uncontracted guys on the senior ist
AJ, Macrae and Ryan are the contracted senior guys that could be moved to rookie list.

There's just not enough senior list vacancies to commit a senior list spot to kriegs before trade week.

Happily move AJ, Ryan and Macrae to the rookie list before Kreuger or McInnes.

Happily move AJ, Ryan and Macrae to the rookie list before Kreuger or McInnes.
I would too, but it still only leaves us with 4 vacant list spots until things occur with Noble and Richards. We could change to 38 on the primary list rather than 36, but that would effectively not just mean keeping Kreugs thatd mean him using an extra $100,000 of salary cap over what he's worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That he does, but he doesn’t any touch…his hands are like fry pans. He doesn’t know how to ruck either.

It’s like he’s converted from Rugby League yesterday.

That he does, but he doesn’t any touch…his hands are like fry pans. He doesn’t know how to ruck either.

It’s like he’s converted from Rugby League yesterday.
There’s much worse out there.
The guy at least competes in the air.

There would be so many players I would be delisting before a key forward who is beginning to string some games together, and has at least kicked some goals and throws himself into the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back