Nathan Thompson to Roos for picks #10 & #26 (the supermerged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Nathan Thompson to Roos

Yze_Magic said:
Kangas missed out on one soft, overrated tall dud (Ottens), and went straight for another one

Commisserations Roo fans

Says a w@nker who's team hasnt won a premiership for 60 years.

This is a joke. Nathan Thompson is not worth pick 10. He is of unstable mind and has indicated he doesnt enjoy football any more. HUGE risk by the roos.

Pressure will be immense for him to perform.

Re: Thommo to Kangas for Picks 10 and 26

bit of a risk taken by the roos. i would have though rocca could do a job just aswell as thompson for the next 2-3 yrs.

I dont think anybody expected a trade this early in trade week!

A win for the Hawks in my opinion, and they go from having 1 pick in the top 30 last year to having 5 this year. Surely now they will think about trading one of their higher picks, pick 10 maybe to Sydney or Geelong to help with the Ottens trade?

Ill take the deal thats for sure. Thommo is too inconsistant, but his best is pretty good. Please someone announce N.Holland retires, it would make my day.

McLeodMagic said:
For pick 10 and 26.

Dermie said it was offical.

What a waste by the roos if this proves to be true, how silly. What age is N.Thompson ? Wish Melbourne had of been trading with Kang, maybe for bizzell sounds like they would do it. silly silly silly. I am a fan of bizzell but he seems unhappy. Gardner is right to say he went about discussing his contract through the wrong avenues.

Good Luck to Kang. maybe they can see more in this than i can. :confused:

waspy said:
I dont think anybody expected a trade this early in trade week!

A win for the Hawks in my opinion, and they go from having 1 pick in the top 30 last year to having 5 this year. Surely now they will think about trading one of their higher picks, pick 10 maybe to Sydney or Geelong to help with the Ottens trade?

yeh i hope Hawks do on trade pick 10 to Cats or Swans so they can give it to Tigers plus their other 1st round pick to get Otto

Thompson could be one of the top 5 big forwards in the comp if he got his act together. He did some good things this year, and he was in a crap team and struggling with deppresion. North lose out of this trade, but perhaps not by much.

:D :D

Ding dong! Schwabby's gone! No longer the trading bunnies!

Absolutely stoked with this trade. Thommo is 27 next year and has never been able to kick consistent goals against good opposition.

Honestly hope he does well at the Roos and gets over his illness but it seems Dean Laidley has done a Schwabby - invested heavily in a dubious quick fix job saver.

Sav Rocca is still a better bet to kick goals next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I mention before that I don't rate Laidley?

Well, at least Thompson should play about 6-8 good games next year thanks to Shinboner Spirit, undoubtedly one of them against Port.

how can you all diss north for this so much. thompson is a class tall forward, going into his prime age, even hawks fans have to admit that when he plays he dominates. New club can give players new lease of life, look at barry hall, mal michael ,etc. I think i'd rather thompson in my team to ottens.

<sigh>

Not to sure what we were thinking here.

I'd like to say that I fully trust the coaching / selection panel for the Kangaroos and that I'd give them the benefit of the doubt but ....

Sad to see Thomo go. no doubt he will play many good games for the Roos. Not as one sided a trade as most suggest. North will get plenty from him and he is a top bloke!!

Ausgard said:
<sigh>

Not to sure what we were thinking here.

I'd like to say that I fully trust the coaching / selection panel for the Kangaroos and that I'd give them the benefit of the doubt but ....
At least you don't have to bother listening to the draft now

Seems that Laidley is not the brightest guy around. Trading Teague and Morrell for an arthritic has been last year so he can retire in the right colour jumper and now giving 2 top quality draft picks for a depressed out of form log who has admitted to haveing no interst in football and who was embarassed to win his clubs goalkicking award.

The other clubs will be racing to get to Laidley next trade period....except he won't be there.

What this also does is start to squeeze the remaining top 10 draft picks that Richmond are after - 7 down, only 3 to go.
Could Ottens now end up at Hawthorn if the Tiges commit to Simmonds??

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan Thompson to Roos for picks #10 & #26 (the supermerged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back