Expansion National reserves competition in 2025. Are you in favour?

Are you in favour of a national reserves competition

• Yes

Votes: 205 82.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 17.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there? What makes you say that?

Doubt the QAFL would reduce to 10 including the three VFL clubs anyway. At most they'd tell the Sunshine Coast clubs and Mt Gravatt to scram, and go to 12 teams, 6 from Brisbane and 6 from the Gold Coast.
The AFL could force it on the QAFL. With Coorparoo rejoining in 2025, do you know if one of the current teams will drop out?

It does but how disgusting to ask the Eagles to pay for visiting clubs trips west. What an absolute insult.

Probably just the easiest way to skewer a stupid fantasy.

I don’t know if it’s more or less insulting than “go and sort out your dumb shit with the WAFL and SANFL and stop annoying the rest of us”

Probably just the easiest way to skewer a stupid fantasy.

I don’t know if it’s more or less insulting than “go and sort out your dumb shit with the WAFL and SANFL and stop annoying the rest of us”

Well I don't know how trying to operate on an even playing field is annoying you poor little vic clubs but in essence I have always agreed that a national reserves comp is a waste of time.

Well I don't know how trying to operate on an even playing field is annoying you poor little vic clubs but in essence I have always agreed that a national reserves comp is a waste of time.

It might be an even playing field, but logistically and financially it’s pretty much a fantasy.

What’s annoying is that for the purposes of reserves football, it would be an inferior system to the use of state leagues.

State leagues are the superior model in terms of cost, benefits and the requirements for reserves footy.

This is actually one area where Victoria has got its shit together and integrated the reserves with the VFA. That was far from an enjoyable or painless process, even though it will be dismissed by some (just as others would dismiss as unimportant the process of coming to suitable terms with the WAFL or SANFL).

It remains beyond me how PAFC, AFC and the SANFL (and if applicable, WCE, Freo and the WAFL), can’t get around a table, recognise the landscape of football on 2024, and come up with a system that best suits all. It’s as if they’re children, refusing to play nicely together because they want all the best toys in the room for themselves.

It remains beyond me how PAFC, AFC and the SANFL (and if applicable, WCE, Freo and the WAFL), can’t get around a table, recognise the landscape of football on 2024, and come up with a system that best suits all. It’s as if they’re children, refusing to play nicely together because they want all the best toys in the room for themselves.

How do you expect them to recognise the landscape of 2024?

It’s still 1974 in the WAFL.

The Premier Football League of Western Australia.

It might be an even playing field, but logistically and financially it’s pretty much a fantasy.

What’s annoying is that for the purposes of reserves football, it would be an inferior system to the use of state leagues.

State leagues are the superior model in terms of cost, benefits and the requirements for reserves footy.

This is actually one area where Victoria has got its shit together and integrated the reserves with the VFA. That was far from an enjoyable or painless process, even though it will be dismissed by some (just as others would dismiss as unimportant the process of coming to suitable terms with the WAFL or SANFL).

The WAFL has bent over backwards for the Eagles, no matter what system is in place be it a stand alone side , an alignment , or all players farmed out throughout all clubs the Eagles sook and moan about things.
Maybe instead of doing that they should look within and realise they are the problem.

How do you expect them to recognise the landscape of 2024?

It’s still 1974 in the WAFL.

The Premier Football League of Western Australia.

The Eagles are the issue, stop making excuses for them. No system works for them.
It is the Eagles who are operating in 1974. The worst football department in AFL history.

Appears the SANFL has again willingly bent over to appease the AFL clubs (and by extension the AFL).

Had the displeasure of listening to Caroline Wilson (who wouldn’t know the 'Pondarosa' from the 'Parade') and Port's Chris Davies discuss this topic on radio in the past 24 hours. Perhaps if Davies wants their younger players developing around better quality teammates they can farm them out to SANFL clubs per the old structure..

A lot of people seem to have short memories currently, given the Crows reserves have played in the past two prelims and the Power were finalists last season (with 3 GF appearances in past 9 seasons). Were the top-ups adequate then?

The top-up debate offers the two AFL clubs a convenient distraction/excuse as to why their premiership droughts are now 20+ years.

The WAFL has bent over backwards for the Eagles, no matter what system is in place be it a stand alone side , an alignment , or all players farmed out throughout all clubs the Eagles sook and moan about things.
Maybe instead of doing that they should look within and realise they are the problem.

Pretty hard to argue against that - the Eagles are dysfunctional and have been for a number of years.

Back