Nba 2k11

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're gonna play as a PG go ahead and install it, I reckon.

I think that because I watch very little basketball and know very little about the sport, I'm struggling because I don't know where to run to.

I know very little about bball as well (getting better though, thanks to this game, got a real interest now), but it's pretty similar to footy. It's all about space and creating space. Set a screen (shepherd) or call for a screen so you can get some space to throw up a shot. You cant hit shots with a hand in your face so you need to find space

How do you block? Sometimes plays are run where I can see I'm meant to block someone but I just seem to stand there with my arms in.

I am getting better at it though. I got drafted early in the second round by the Miami Heat but got cut after the 4 summer circuit games (even though I didn't think I did too badly)

What drills do you guys do? I only do the shooting drill much because I can get gold easily every time. I am technically a shooting small forward but I love going for rebounds(largely defensive) as well so I'm upping that stat too. Given that I can't get gold on most of the other drills (the stealing one is pretty easy though) I may as well just do the shooting one.

How long does it take to get out of the D League? I've played 5 games and am a 6th man. I'm guessing I'll need to make it to the starter's position first?

How do you block? Sometimes plays are run where I can see I'm meant to block someone but I just seem to stand there with my arms in.

I am getting better at it though. I got drafted early in the second round by the Miami Heat but got cut after the 4 summer circuit games (even though I didn't think I did too badly)

What drills do you guys do? I only do the shooting drill much because I can get gold easily every time. I am technically a shooting small forward but I love going for rebounds(largely defensive) as well so I'm upping that stat too. Given that I can't get gold on most of the other drills (the stealing one is pretty easy though) I may as well just do the shooting one.

How long does it take to get out of the D League? I've played 5 games and am a 6th man. I'm guessing I'll need to make it to the starter's position first?
Triangle is block

Played it today for a bit, so much fun

The dribbling drill is pretty easy to get gold on. And gives you speed if your lucky, which is the most expensive stat by miles.

Somes up my My Player career so far. Was a 6' PG and I thought I did pretty good in the summer circuit games for the Pacers, got cut though. I can't shoot mid range shots with this guy for the life of me, so I'm thinking of starting a new one later on tonight.

Also, I found the stealing and challenge shot (or whatever it's called) to be the easiest drills. I mostly do them, sometimes the shooting and dribbling drills. I can never get gold in dribbling though.

The dribbling drill is pretty easy to get gold on. And gives you speed if your lucky, which is the most expensive stat by miles.

Chris Smoove posted a video where he said before the summer circuit you can do unlimited drills. Turn off auto-save in options, keep doing the dribble course and reloading if you dont get the +2 bonus in speed. He was drafted to the Raps with 99 speed as a rookie.

Good idea, but I dont find speed that necessary. I'll just spend the SP on it when I've maxed everything else out.

Chris Smoove posted a video where he said before the summer circuit you can do unlimited drills. Turn off auto-save in options, keep doing the dribble course and reloading if you dont get the +2 bonus in speed. He was drafted to the Raps with 99 speed as a rookie.

Good idea, but I dont find speed that necessary. I'll just spend the SP on it when I've maxed everything else out.

Its not worth the time IMO. Just play the games and try to get points from them.

I've got about 83 or something, and find its pretty handy on fast breaks, but yea, definitely not worth the points.

You can't do unlimited drills. You can have unlimited attempts at drills by doing the non-auto save thing. I must admit I do it at times when I want to test out new drills and get good at them without wasting them. For him to get 99 speed he must have spent hours waiting til he got +2 speed on that drill (very rare) and also chosen a player with a high starting speed attribute and spent his initial points on speed too.

This is all useless for me though as MY PLAYER MODE IS CORRUPTED :( I now get the "black screen of death" whenever I try to go into the next game. I was really getting into it.

On the 2k forums there have been lots of complaints about similar or identical crashes. This game just wasn't properly tested. The latest patch supposedly made the gameplay worse in my player mode (I didn't play before the patch so I'll just take their word on it that it used to be better). Your teammates can't shoot to save themselves as soon as you enter the court. My team only manages to stay in the game by doing alright when I'm on the bench. When I look at the +/- statistics, I'm normally at -20 or something ridiculously low when the next worse is maybe -12.

Hopefully the next patch will uncorrupt my savegame and fix these issues with the gameplay, otherwise I'll be done with this aspect of the game. Sports video games should really go back to being released every second year, allowing for significant changes and adequate testing. You can just release a roster update after a year to tide people over. This will never happen though as it would half the profit :(

Unfortunately in the future there will likely be NBA 2k23 March, followed by the slightly different NBA 2k23 April.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought this would be an appropriate place to post this vid.

[YOUTUBE]bQoqkJODfPE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

NBA 2K11: Freezing on loading page, please help i cant even get past the start screen

i know your going to say is your game scratched etc etc. But its not only happening to me, so obviously theirs a problem with the game itself. Like i said it keeps freezing on the loading page its been doing it for a fortnight now and i cannot get past the start menu screen. If anyone has the same problem or a solution for this please say so, thanks.

Re: NBA 2K11: Freezing on loading page, please help i cant even get past the start screen

i know your going to say is your game scratched etc etc. But its not only happening to me, so obviously theirs a problem with the game itself. Like i said it keeps freezing on the loading page its been doing it for a fortnight now and i cannot get past the start menu screen. If anyone has the same problem or a solution for this please say so, thanks.

You're not alone, my disc isn't scratched and it freezes at the list of teams and all i can hear is the intro.

I too would like to know how to get around this as freezing is meant/usually occurs on PCs us Console gamers shouldn't have to put up with this *&^p :(:mad:

Re: NBA 2K11: Freezing on loading page, please help i cant even get past the start screen

Me too! But it's only when i'm online (have the ethernet cable connected to the ps3), once i take that out i can play offline. so strange.

There's already a discussion about this in the NBA 2k11 thread.

Sign out of PSN and you'll be able to play.

Thats most likely why i couldn't find it with the search function :eek: cheers for the info :thumbsu: .

Looks like that's a no-go at the moment. You'll have to wait to see if 2K get around to patching it it. Judging from how they've ignored it so far, I wouldn't expect it any time soon.
i havent played it for a fortnight now!
starting to get really annoying.

Looks like that's a no-go at the moment. You'll have to wait to see if 2K get around to patching it it. Judging from how they've ignored it so far, I wouldn't expect it any time soon.
2K normally have the best community etc. though which is strange, maybe they can't help it

Remove this Banner Ad

Nba 2k11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back