Multiplat NBA 2K15

Remove this Banner Ad

That may have completely turned my interest in buying. Great to know as I have always been a fan (other than 2K14).

MyGM also uses less VC meaning that the basic actions you weren't afforded in 2k14 to begin your MyGM are available from the get go.

Although I'd still recommend being online while playing MyCareer and using VC rather than skill points.

MyGM also uses less VC meaning that the basic actions you weren't afforded in 2k14 to begin your MyGM are available from the get go.

Although I'd still recommend being online while playing MyCareer and using VC rather than skill points.

But do you have to pay real monies for VC? If so, I refuse.

Having gone from PC (from 2k9) to PS4 this year I find the biggest negatives are the load times and the new Association mode (MyGM) skipping ahead a few months actually takes forever. It used to be a couple trade offers and notifications now it's constant conversations etc.

Other than that I'm loving this. The in game crowd is great and I love the fact that in MyPlayer we were getting smashed and I was on late game and there was about 50 people left in the arena.

Had issues with Face Scan with Kinect yesterday. Got over it and moved in game. Seems like a garbage gimmick to me.

So I finally got the Face Scan stuff to work properly yesterday after about an hour and a half of pissing around with it. The biggest issue for me, ended up being that the camera kept losing me when I turned to the right, but was always fine when turning left. I couldn't get it perfect, whenever I ended up getting the quality gauge it was 'Average' other than one time when it was 'Above Average'...but still looked shit so had to settle for the 'Average' scan that looked as good as I could bother with at nearly 11pm at night.

The biggest issue I then had, was that my face (and obviously the lighting I had within my room) was lit up like an orange once I went into the Career and looked at my player in full (where as it looked decent in the editor).

So, for next year I'd like if there were 3 things. For one, I'd like the ability to save my face scan for future reference, if I capture a shit render I don't want that to then be the only one I have. It's a bit like the Monty Burns movie, even if every take is shit, I still might want the 'least shit' one of those so the ability to save them out and select afterwards would be nice.

Secondly I'd love a blemish remover option. If you can't get completely perfect and balanced natural light in your room, you're going to get some blotchy looking skin and if the face scan doesn't work perfectly as well, you may get other bits of your room creeping into your face! The ability to pick a colour and remove those blemishes would be great, a bit like an airbrushing mechanic.

And thirdly, similar to 2, I'd like a skin blending option. Because they really quite harshly place your face scan on top of the face and it's not exactly a great cut out, there's a significant amount of skin colour differences, especially when you don't get a huge amount of skin colours to choose from initially as well. Something where I could choose one dominant colour of my face scan skin and be able to use that into my full body colour would at least create much less of an obvious 'I have my face stuck on a robot' look.

Anyway, the game is actually still great. Good improvements so far all round, graphically outstanding and the movement feels better than ever. Looking forward to putting plenty of time into the Career mode with my bright face!

The other annoying thing was I always use my mothers maiden name as my players last name (Tucker) and even though I selected it from the drop down box when I went to use the name it came up with "This name has inappropriate language" ???? WTF ? It was in your drop down box to select, hell you even say the name (Tucker from the Suns) during commentry but I can't have that? So I picked Vaughn instead but still annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how does this compare to 2K14 (mainly GM and Career)?

GM is way more fleshed out and you have a lot more control over the franchise as a whole (including prices of tickets etc.). You've also got more things to keep track of including fan happiness and players/staff moral and trust. Overall GM mode is good, a bit overwhelming to begin with but fine once you get the hang of what is happening.

Career is interesting, some what similar to last year except no showcase game you basically get to pick where you want to go although different teams will have a percentage interest in you (for example my top 3 with 99% interest as a SG were Philly, PHX and Utah) and you play a trial game at practice and depending on your rating they will sign you to a 10 day contract or not. At least that's the way I went through, not sure if it's different to other people though.

I'm currently on my second 10 day contract and hoping to get signed for the season (by PHX) and then see where I want to go from there.

tldr: 2k15 >> 2k14

I'm currently on my second 10 day contract and hoping to get signed for the season (by PHX) and then see where I want to go from there.

So there's actually contracts this time? I was never able to get a new contract in 2k14.

GM is way more fleshed out and you have a lot more control over the franchise as a whole (including prices of tickets etc.). You've also got more things to keep track of including fan happiness and players/staff moral and trust. Overall GM mode is good, a bit overwhelming to begin with but fine once you get the hang of what is happening.

Career is interesting, some what similar to last year except no showcase game you basically get to pick where you want to go although different teams will have a percentage interest in you (for example my top 3 with 99% interest as a SG were Philly, PHX and Utah) and you play a trial game at practice and depending on your rating they will sign you to a 10 day contract or not. At least that's the way I went through, not sure if it's different to other people though.

I'm at the same, last game on my 2nd 10 day contract with the Suns as a SG.

Stupid how they start Isiah Thomas over Dragic, worked out though since IT tore his MCL and will miss 2 months.

What's your record with them? We're 26-28 on mine.

So there's actually contracts this time? I was never able to get a new contract in 2k14.

I'll tell you after my first year but seeming as though I didn't have to sign a rookie contract (meaning 2 years + 2 years Team Option) I shouldn't be stuck with the one team for 4 years.

I'm at the same, last game on my 2nd 10 day contract with the Suns as a SG.

Stupid how they start Isiah Thomas over Dragic, worked out though since IT tore his MCL and will miss 2 months.

What's your record with them? We're 26-28 on mine.

I'm a SG also but it's strange that PHX had an interest with Dragic/Thomas/Bledsoe back court and me also. But I'll bide my time with them until I can select another team. Although Bledsoe is out for 2-4 months with a torn Achilles.

Currently we're 21-32. I'm averaging 10.7 PPG 0.9 APG, 1.6 RPG on about 12 minutes. Also just about to play the last game of my 2nd 10 day contract. So it'll be interesting to see what happens now.

Has anyone tried MyCareer with 7 foot plus centre? I wanted to know whether they've fixed the rebounding this year for bigs (for some reason there was never a problem if you were a smaller player)?

I'll tell you after my first year but seeming as though I didn't have to sign a rookie contract (meaning 2 years + 2 years Team Option) I shouldn't be stuck with the one team for 4 years..

I havn't got to that point but it has been confirmed that end of 1st year free agency is a thing.

Guaranteed contract for the rest of the season. Which tells me I can choose where to go depending on offers once the season has finished.

Woo! :)

Also here is my black mamba

Bzi8u6GCYAAG5RR.jpg:large

Connected to 2K sports, started a my career, then server out while loading. Reconnect and get back into my career, but hang on the my player i had just taken 15 minutes creating (too poor for camera) has disappeared, has happened twice

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat NBA 2K15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back