Multiplat NBA 2K15

Remove this Banner Ad

I adjust sliders to get realistic scores. I was playing 12 min quarters, played all 82 games plus playoffs, got some really nice stats.

Problem was it took me 4 and a half months to finish 1 season.

Oh yeah? That's impressive. Does FIFA have sliders though? I know AFL Live didn't. Also I suppose that in NBA the default quarters would be like 6 minutes so to go from 6 -> 12 isn't a huge jump. Going from 7 minute halves -> 45 in FIFA would be significant though.

Oh yeah? That's impressive. Does FIFA have sliders though? I know AFL Live didn't. Also I suppose that in NBA the default quarters would be like 6 minutes so to go from 6 -> 12 isn't a huge jump. Going from 7 minute halves -> 45 in FIFA would be significant though.
FIFA has sliders although Im not enough of a soccer expert to really pick up the impact.

It astounds me that 45 minute halves arent even offered in FIFA.

FIFA has sliders although Im not enough of a soccer expert to really pick up the impact.

I think the maximum is 15 minutes simply because EA don't have a good enough simulation of gameplay to offer realistic scores for a 45-min time period.

I think the maximum is 15 minutes simply because EA don't have a good enough simulation of gameplay to offer realistic scores for a 45-min time period.

EA probably could if they wanted but it would require a huge amount of effort to create gameplay that was balanced over 45 minute halves, and it would only be used by a very small amount of players.

The early era Fifa's had it, i used to play a 90 minute match at least once each installment. And yes scores were super unrealistic because of the length of the game, but it was still good to bash around.

I still love playing 2k, gameplay wise, but I was pretty shocked when I got 2k14 (for free mind you, so I can't complain too much) and there was so little added to the game and the VC saturation was just ridiculous. It's in the menus (buy more VC!) and you seem to earn it even slower than last year.

It used to feel like a basketball sim (a bloody good one) and now it feels like I'm perpetually playing a shitty Facebook app. I'd be livid if I paid full price for a game that's continually wanting me to pay more and more to actually get enjoyment out of the thing. I wasn't too upset when the 2k13 servers went down and I had to start a new career with skill points, to be honest.

If I get 2k15 it'll be for $20 or less, which is a shame considering in the past it was one of my most anticipated purchases for the year. 2k13 started the decline for me and it's fairly obvious that it's due to the VC system.

I doubt Live will be good for a few years but I really hope they can bring some proper competition in at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So MyLeague is a more customisable version of MyGM/Association mode with no VC involved? I'm sold.
This is amazing news. The level of customisation involved is insane.

Not only is VC gone from it, but it can be played as an offline mode.

Full details are here.

MyLEAGUE offers both a single season or up to an 80 year franchise experience. You will have complete control over every aspect of how your league plays out.

Here are some of those options:

• Custom Roster

• Season Length

• Conference Quarterfinals, semifinals, finals and NBA Finals

• Fantasy Draft Option

• Salary Cap

• Hard Cap

• Trade logic settings

• General settings including team chemistry, lineup management and prospect scouting

• Difficulty settings

• Trade Negotiations Difficulty

• Contract negotiation difficulty

• CPU re-Resigning Aggressiveness

• Morale difficulty and effects

• Chemistry difficulty and effects

• Trade frequency settings

• Blockbuster trade frequency

• Injury effects

• Draft class quality

• Player progression rate

• In-season training effects

• Player non-financial ambitions factor

• Normalize played to sim minutes

• Can manage/play with all teams

This is amazing news. The level of customisation involved is insane.

Not only is VC gone from it, but it can be played as an offline mode.

Full details are here.

Salivating.gif

Sounds awesome! Really glad to hear they're still thinking of the offline player. They even make injuries sound fun. Also really looking forward to the the upgraded draft scouting and variable draft quality.

Salivating.gif

Sounds awesome! Really glad to hear they're still thinking of the offline player. They even make injuries sound fun. Also really looking forward to the the upgraded draft scouting and variable draft quality.
It's amazing. They've done a 180 degree turn on how they've been treating offline, sim players.

Reading the bit about injuries in MyLeague, 16 body parts with their own durability rating sounds interesting.

Not good news for me planning to play as the Bulls.

- Rose injured knees
- Noah plantar fasciitis
- Taj plantar fasciitis
- Gasol vertigo

God help if anyone has Royce White on their team, "Royce White unavailable to play, will not board plane and traffic too heavy".

Reading the bit about injuries in MyLeague, 16 body parts with their own durability rating sounds interesting.

Not good news for me planning to play as the Bulls.

- Rose injured knees
- Noah plantar fasciitis
- Taj plantar fasciitis
- Gasol vertigo

God help if anyone has Royce White on their team, "Royce White unavailable to play, will not board plane and traffic too heavy".

Pretty sure it mentions adjustable sliders. Otherwise, yeah, that would be ****ed.

Im hoping VC is gone from myCareer.. I hate seeing team mates with million dollar salaries vs my 500VC... I mean wtf!

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat NBA 2K15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back