Remove this Banner Ad

DoubleA

Premiership Player
Dec 10, 2004
Where Jack Lives.
AFL Club
Richmond
Reading over a few e3 things, this was rather interesting:

IGN Sports: What can we expect to see with the ESPN integration this year?

Steve Chiang: With ESPN, we really want to make our games connected. In the booth, we're going to show what we're doing with NBA Live and NCAA Football. There are a couple of different categories of features. In NCAA we have ESPN Classics mode, where you're taking your greatest games and you're making them Classics. We're going to be able to show that in the booth. On the NBA side, we're focusing more on the real-time data feeds and how they're going to be integrated in the new titles. MVP is a good example of how we're taking this, and certainly with the Xbox 360 and PS3, there is going to be a different paradigm for online gaming and how that works within our sports games. We're not going to be talking a lot about that, but there is a hint of that throughout what we're doing with NBA Live.

ESPN into the EA games this year? Excellent.

phoenix_rise_ said:
Are they going to make a NBA live '07 and 2K7 or just merge it to one now they are under the same company. I hope they keep it seperate

2K wasnt with ESPN for the 06 version. They are seperate entities.

peternorth said:
im thinking of going from nba live to nba 2k6. a mate has 2k6 and says its better.

whats ur opinion?

Had every game since its inception, I'm used to playing on PC, I find 2k6 fun to muck around with when passing the time, but I actually play seasons and so on, with Live, not to mention the patching that is available for PC, hands-down cant compare to a Xbox or PS2.

Hey guys,

Any news on a release date for NBA 2K7 on PS2? I think it may be November in the US, but doubt that would be here also - especially after last year's debacle where the game's Aussie release (2K6) was delayed from November to around February.

Speaking of, would anyone recommend buying NBA 2K6 now for around $40? I don't know whether to get 2K6, or wait for 2K7 but that's a long wait. :eek:

I guess AFL 2006 is due out soon... :confused:

luke2177 said:
Speaking of, would anyone recommend buying NBA 2K6 now for around $40? I don't know whether to get 2K6, or wait for 2K7 but that's a long wait. :eek:

I guess AFL 2006 is due out soon... :confused:

i have 2k6 on the xbox... waited bloody ages for it, but its well worth the wait... wouldnt be holding my breath for 2k7... :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got Live every year from 97-2005. I changed to 2k this year and will never go back.

It just has a better flow and pays attentions to the little things that contribute to an authentic feel

i.e. in Live the ball would always swish through on a successful shot. But in 2k, it would hit the back of the rim, catch the side before falling....that kind of stuff cannot be overlooked.

Spunky Surfer Sandy Cohen said:
I got Live every year from 97-2005. I changed to 2k this year and will never go back.

It just has a better flow and pays attentions to the little things that contribute to an authentic feel

i.e. in Live the ball would always swish through on a successful shot. But in 2k, it would hit the back of the rim, catch the side before falling....that kind of stuff cannot be overlooked.

but can u edit players (ie jersey numbers) in 2k6?

Remove this Banner Ad

NBA Live 07

Remove this Banner Ad

Back