NBN - Good or Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

**** the NBN. Just bypass them and go 4G. Only a matter of time before Optus and Telstra save us with 5G. Then NBN can suck balls and go out of business.
Anyone ever been to the NBN offices? It's a ghost operation. Most of their workers are hacks "helping" from their homes.

That's simply not true.

Kiwis to get 20-times NBN speeds for similar price
Unlike the NBN, New Zealand's network is 100 per cent fibre to the premises, meaning it can easily support much higher speeds at lower wholesale costs.

New Zealanders will soon be getting internet speeds 20 times faster than those enjoyed by most Australians for just a few dollars more a month, further widening an already-huge gap between the two countries' broadband networks.
Internet speeds of one gigabit per second (Gbps) are 20 times faster than the most popular speed available on Australia's national broadband network of 50 megabits per second (Mbps), the plan almost half of NBN users are on.
Overall, New Zealand's fixed-line fibre broadband is delivering much faster speeds to households than Australia's NBN.

Of the half a million connections to Chorus' high-speed network, about 70 per cent are on 100 Mbps plans. No connections are less than 50 Mbps, and 36,000 connections are 1 Gbps.

By contrast, of the 4.5 million connections to Australia's NBN, 40 per cent are on speeds of 50 Mbps, and 30 per cent on speeds of just 12 Mbps.
Less than 10 per cent are on speeds of 100 Mbps, while fewer than 600 individual connections are on speeds higher than 100 Mbps.

https://www.afr.com/business/teleco...nbn-speeds-for-the-same-price-20181114-h17wgg

We got screwed

**** the NBN. Just bypass them and go 4G. Only a matter of time before Optus and Telstra save us with 5G. Then NBN can suck balls and go out of business.
Anyone ever been to the NBN offices? It's a ghost operation. Most of their workers are hacks "helping" from their homes.
I work in the same building as the NBN offices, definitely not a ghost operation.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Unlike the NBN, New Zealand's network is 100 per cent fibre to the premises, meaning it can easily support much higher speeds at lower wholesale costs.

New Zealanders will soon be getting internet speeds 20 times faster than those enjoyed by most Australians for just a few dollars more a month, further widening an already-huge gap between the two countries' broadband networks.
Internet speeds of one gigabit per second (Gbps) are 20 times faster than the most popular speed available on Australia's national broadband network of 50 megabits per second (Mbps), the plan almost half of NBN users are on.
Overall, New Zealand's fixed-line fibre broadband is delivering much faster speeds to households than Australia's NBN.

Of the half a million connections to Chorus' high-speed network, about 70 per cent are on 100 Mbps plans. No connections are less than 50 Mbps, and 36,000 connections are 1 Gbps.

By contrast, of the 4.5 million connections to Australia's NBN, 40 per cent are on speeds of 50 Mbps, and 30 per cent on speeds of just 12 Mbps.
Less than 10 per cent are on speeds of 100 Mbps, while fewer than 600 individual connections are on speeds higher than 100 Mbps.

https://www.afr.com/business/teleco...nbn-speeds-for-the-same-price-20181114-h17wgg

We got screwed

We got screwed soon as Abbott got voted in. He campaigned on wrecking the NBN and every idiot who voted for him gave us what we deserve.

NZ internally their net is fast, however they pretty much rely on the same pipes out to the rest world as us though.

I work in the same building as the NBN offices, definitely not a ghost operation.

level 5? :D

Wireless aint the solution. 5G's range is limited and frequency it runs at, a tree leaf falling can block the signal. Great for it purpose, but will never replace a properly connected fibre (which we dont have)

Wireless aint the solution. 5G's range is limited and frequency it runs at, a tree leaf falling can block the signal. Great for it purpose, but will never replace a properly connected fibre (which we dont have)

Correct.

Rudd rushed it and didn't have a business case that stood up and was ****ed over by Telstra in trying to rush the scheme through. That allowed Abbot to nobble the scheme - both political parties bungled it.

I'm lucky I have FTTP which is pretty nice but it's not the panacea that everyone seems to expect it is - we still get buffering of streaming services, accessing overseas websites and services can see ping times and traffic speeds blow out. These problems aren't going to disappear if everyone has FTTP connections.

Correct.

Rudd rushed it and didn't have a business case that stood up and was ****** over by Telstra in trying to rush the scheme through. That allowed Abbot to nobble the scheme - both political parties bungled it.

I'm lucky I have FTTP which is pretty nice but it's not the panacea that everyone seems to expect it is - we still get buffering of streaming services, accessing overseas websites and services can see ping times and traffic speeds blow out. These problems aren't going to disappear if everyone has FTTP connections.

Yep correct, the areas which Rudd rushed wireless are probably the worst effected NBN

Ooh, does the building start with a 7? We might work very close.

fttn-image-reddit-410x231.jpg

Yeah my FTTN is... bad. I get 24 mbps. Technician who was working on something nearby told me that although we are only a couple of hundred metres from the node, there is apparently 1km of cable between us and the node. He also reckoned his map of what cables were supposed to be where was just... not reflective of what's actually in the ground.

Liberals ruined the NBN like they do most things. Make it seem like they are saving money by doing a shoddy job when it would have been much cheaper in the long run to invest in it properly and do it right. Pretty much the Liberals to a T - great at selling themselves as good economic managers but it always turns out to be specious.

We got screwed

We sure Did.

Big Thanks for that goes to Tony Abbott,Malcom Turnbull,Graham Burke and Rupert Murdoch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah my FTTN is... bad. I get 24 mbps. Technician who was working on something nearby told me that although we are only a couple of hundred metres from the node, there is apparently 1km of cable between us and the node. He also reckoned his map of what cables were supposed to be where was just... not reflective of what's actually in the ground.

Liberals ruined the NBN like they do most things. Make it seem like they are saving money by doing a shoddy job when it would have been much cheaper in the long run to invest in it properly and do it right. Pretty much the Liberals to a T - great at selling themselves as good economic managers but it always turns out to be specious.

Been told by Quite a Few People that the People who Install the Nodes and Lines are Clueless

We sure Did.

Big Thanks for that goes to Tony Abbott,Malcom Turnbull,Graham Burke and Rupert Murdoch

Don't blame them, Australia got what it voted for.

Blame the short sighted morons who haven't got the ability to look think long term when it comes to their voting.

Don't blame them, Australia got what it voted for.

Blame the short sighted morons who haven't got the ability to look think long term when it comes to their voting.

Well I did not vote for those C**t's.

People are just Sheep who just Believe what Media Monoply Rupert Murdoch has in the Country to Promote the Liberal Party.

I don't remember much NBN talk around that Election

It has to get fixed and it will cost more,thanks to the sabotage.
The future will have internet connected everything fridges, washing machines, toilets,lights, everything, you name it
The copper will need to be ripped out and done properly

F*** me these NBN people are campaigners.

Appointment for last Thursday, people home all day and the flog never comes to the door and just leaves the "We missed you" note near a door.

Get another appointment for today between 8-12, again the campaigner doesn't show so we ring them up and they say there's no appointment yet we can log in and see there is an appointment. So now we have to wait until the 8th of January for the useless sacks of shit to not come out again, as soon as the flog is done installing it he's getting a kick right in the dick for being an NBN employee.

Not looking forward to it. I get 120mbps with cable internet during peak times.

No ******* way NBN will get that speed

I never upgraded my cable speed tier and was always happy with my ~35/1. Since NBN rolled through my area I'm getting speeds like 58/5 and the depressing part is if I roll over I'm going to have to pay for that speed. It sounds like extortion. I've got less than 6 months to do it too.

I never upgraded my cable speed tier and was always happy with my ~35/1. Since NBN rolled through my area I'm getting speeds like 58/5 and the depressing part is if I roll over I'm going to have to pay for that speed. It sounds like extortion. I've got less than 6 months to do it too.

Well I call the NBN - Fraudband

Remove this Banner Ad

NBN - Good or Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back