NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You may have a point about 38 points being too low but raising the points of bottom clubs won't change anything as the bottom teams weren't on the edge to begin with. It's the same as the salary cap, if it were raised to say $250,000 that doesn't help the clubs who can only raise $150,000 a year. If the points were lowered in the metro leagues though then it would allow for a filtering out of good players into the country areas. But there would need to be a statewide effort and plan to implement that properly

It is actually the cap at Metro level which is allowed the players to come out in the first place.

IF Every single comp had the ability to do what was best for that league (and screw the others), everyone’s caps would be sky high, and clubs in the bush would go under much quicker than they already are.

It is actually the cap at Metro level which is allowed the players to come out in the first place.

IF Every single comp had the ability to do what was best for that league (and screw the others), everyone’s caps would be sky high, and clubs in the bush would go under much quicker than they already are.

Their caps are so high. I don't see why the NCFL has had to introduce one of the more punitive caps in the region.

It needs to be statewide but a minimum hub wide. Introducing the bottom points range for top teams of each league would be a start.

Ie BFL 32
CMFL 36
NCFL 40
LVFL 40
GRFL 42

Leagues can then manage their points internally. They can also choose to play 21 or 22 per side . As I've said previously more points should not be just handed out to have an extra player on the bench.

I understand why the NCFL have done it for the league but to have Birchip Donald Sea Lake on less or equal to Kerang is just mind boggling .

Truck How about you give us the canteen ladder for 2024.

Yep for sure, clubs absolutely need to look out for themselves but rules and regulations need to be set by a third party to ensure the best interests of the game in the region which is what AFL Victoria is there for

Their caps are so high. I don't see why the NCFL has had to introduce one of the more punitive caps in the region.

It needs to be statewide but a minimum hub wide. Introducing the bottom points range for top teams of each league would be a start.

Ie BFL 32
CMFL 36
NCFL 40
LVFL 40
GRFL 42

Leagues can then manage their points internally. They can also choose to play 21 or 22 per side . As I've said previously more points should not be just handed out to have an extra player on the bench.

I understand why the NCFL have done it for the league but to have Birchip Donald Sea Lake on less or equal to Kerang is just mind boggling .

Truck How about you give us the canteen ladder for 2024.

Canteens
Birchip - Sharps pies, hands down best pie in the state.
Wyche - purely on exposure, and they run a tab for my kids.
Sea Lake - Bacon & egg rolls year round.
Nully - sharps pies, but seperate chippery takes votes.
Donald - they do the basics well
Charlton - same as Donald
Burn - Steelys Savs and chicken Chippys saving it from being lower.
St A - freezing cold, waiting in the wind tunnel for a cup of lava isn’t what anyone wants.
Boort - plastic wrapt pies and poor sav to bun ratio…. Imagine bring recruited out of melb for that every week.

Bars.
Wyche - Green Mill best in the business warm fires and great atmosphere right on the action.
Nully - schooners, close to the action. If the roof was a foot higher it would be elite.
Boort - shipping container set up is great. Bit more room for visitors and it would be spot on.
Sea Lake - good selection of frofs, plenty of fires. Good protection from the wind.
Birchip - delayed opening times is a killer. I think it was 1/4time of the seniors before I could get a beer. But atmosphere on the hill is good, and they understand banter.
Donald - good set up, but hiding in the flank is a killer.
Charlton - they need to shift it to the wing. The pocket is too far from the action .
StA - Good protection form rain but not wind, fire was warm, 700 mtrs form the field
Burn - limited protection form rain couple of gas heaters that don’t work in the wind. Also 700 mtrs form the field

Remove this Banner Ad

NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back