NCFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew and Craig Rutley returning to Boort.

Is this 2005?
Dean Lockhart back in training for our next Boort game.
Good luck to the 4 under 16s making their senior debuts for the redbacks tomorrow.
Charlton have requested an investigation into previously mentioned incident,now in the hands of an AFL Country Vic investigator.

Burners look to be significantly down on numbers - 13's, 16's, Ressies - a struggle all round by the looks.

Big test for the 1's as well, taking on the Saints.

Any updates for those from further afield ?

They'd have to be at least competitive you would think... Unfortunately their senior list looks to be ageing though

I don't think it's a matter of if they'd be competitive, they'd be right in the mix for finals.
It should come down to, do the league want them? Can't say I'd be looking forward to the trip from Bendigo to Sea Lake!
Very hard sell to potential recruits... And I'm not talking about the ones that get their pockets lined.
Although it is getting closer to Darwin for your recruits!

Who's your tip weedster? Charlton for me after 2 years of heartache. Aaron walkalte has had a super year

Who's your tip weedster? Charlton for me after 2 years of heartache. Aaron walkalte has had a super year
Thought the Saints until things got a bit wobbly in recent weeks. You may well be right. Good to see there are a number of genuine chances.

Thought the Saints until things got a bit wobbly in recent weeks. You may well be right. Good to see there are a number of genuine chances.
St A have improved their chances by gaining another recruit very late.
Charlton not up to it on the big stage, unless all goes well.
Birchip coming home with a head of steam. Assuming they win this weekend and actually make the finals, they should beat anyone. You're on the money with the comment about Walklate though, great year
It's pleasing to see more locals in most of the teams. Wyche have been the champions at this for years, & with just a bit of topping up have improved to be very competitive. if Coatsworth gets back they will be even better. Again, they could miss out on finals altogether, this weekend is so important.

St A have improved their chances by gaining another recruit very late.
Charlton not up to it on the big stage, unless all goes well.
Birchip coming home with a head of steam. Assuming they win this weekend and actually make the finals, they should beat anyone. You're on the money with the comment about Walklate though, great year
It's pleasing to see more locals in most of the teams. Wyche have been the champions at this for years, & with just a bit of topping up have improved to be very competitive. if Coatsworth gets back they will be even better. Again, they could miss out on finals altogether, this weekend is so important.

How can they gain a recruit now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how would Sealake go if they come into this league next year not a bad club to have and would still beat Boort
Underestimate Sea Lake at your own peril. Mallee footy better quality than most NCFL sides have produced this year.Have seen footy in 6 leagues this year and unfortunately NCFL footy has dropped in quality this season,actually think Bridgewater would take out the flag in NCFL this season if were in the comp.

Charlton cant beat the Redbacks let alone win the flag,hopefully Wyche can make the finals,could give it a shake with a fit list. Reckon the feeny medal will find a home around Luke Fishers neck.

Underestimate Sea Lake at your own peril. Mallee footy better quality than most NCFL sides have produced this year.Have seen footy in 6 leagues this year and unfortunately NCFL footy has dropped in quality this season,actually think Bridgewater would take out the flag in NCFL this season if were in the comp.
Not sure anyone is underestimating SLNT, it's just that most clubs don't want the league to expand northwards. If they were 100kms south I think they would be in....
This is an interesting topic of discussion at present, with the NCFL board at odds with the (most of) clubs

Final four all but settled. Not sure how you can qualify new players at this late stage. Everyone in is a chance. Sadly, no Burners ..

Final four all but settled. Not sure how you can qualify new players at this late stage. Everyone in is a chance. Sadly, no Burners ..
Not settled at all. B/W must beat Navies next week or W/N will go past them as they have 'burn & Boort last two rounds...

Hardly seems fair, does it? But I think if you check the records you'll find that a couple of years ago Chalkley played his first game of 2 to qualify in late July.

Hardly seems fair, does it? But I think if you check the records you'll find that a couple of years ago Chalkley played his first game of 2 to qualify in late July.
I guess we all are guilty of using rules to our advantage. What we need to do is alter the rules to reflect what is fair.

Doesn't need to be fair only needs to be legal.Cleared before clearances close play 2 to qualify for finals,simple.

Doesn't need to be fair only needs to be legal.Cleared before clearances close play 2 to qualify for finals,simple.
Yep, agree with that, that's why I made the additional comment about all clubs taking advantage of the rules in different ways. If the rule is not good we need to change it.
I was more worried about it being fair on other players in the same team, not other clubs. This goes to the heart of why we have a footy comp, & how important (or not) it is to have local players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back