NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers win, details unknown

awesome effort by the tigers. umpires were making it hard for qbn to keep the lead. about 8 x 50m penalties, about 5 or 6 of them were very soft/unnecessary. qbn were great in patches but struggled to convert on scoreboard. but in last quarter the class and fitness of qbn showed. Kav stepping up with 3 goals, midfield getting on top and backline showing composure and skill. great win by tigers

awesome effort by the tigers. umpires were making it hard for qbn to keep the lead. about 8 x 50m penalties, about 5 or 6 of them were very soft/unnecessary. qbn were great in patches but struggled to convert on scoreboard. but in last quarter the class and fitness of qbn showed. Kav stepping up with 3 goals, midfield getting on top and backline showing composure and skill. great win by tigers

without Irwin, daniher, Dickinson, kerlin and smith.

The beauty of last week and this weeks results is enormous for the belief and team spirit within the side, particularly for the new recruits. You hear about the Us V Them mentality from past players and people within the club and the never say die spirit, the hardness........but until you are involved in wins such as the last 2 weeks (and last seasons GF) you never really understand what it means.

Its great that the new lads have tasted these types of wins so early in their Tiger careers!

The beauty of last week and this weeks results is enormous for the belief and team spirit within the side, particularly for the new recruits. You hear about the Us V Them mentality from past players and people within the club and the never say die spirit, the hardness........but until you are involved in wins such as the last 2 weeks (and last seasons GF) you never really understand what it means.

Its great that the new lads have tasted these types of wins so early in their Tiger careers!

couldn't agree more. a very different team to last year, in particular the back line but they are gelling more as a group each week.

tigers back to there ruthless best

You are right NOP. Best I have seen Tigers play this year and considering they had Daniher,Irwin,Dicko and Atkinson out they will only improve. Tackling and attack on the ball great. 12 goal second quarter after kicking 3.7 in the first. disposal first rate to Kav who kicked 9 and butchered or gave away another 4 or 5.
Eastlake were terrible though and Brabanon ? did a knee or something serious in the second. I don't think I have seen them this bad and they made Tigers look good through their errors. Hopefully they will improve.They don't stay down long.
Tiny forward Fulwood from O&M played his first game for the Tigers and looks a real find.
What do you know of him from down your way??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not see the Tigers but that is an amazing scoreline even by their lofty heights of 2012.

Same old Eastlake by the sounds, leaving to much to far to few. Have mentioned in previous seasons that they are backyard bullies and until they prove me wrong consistently they will always be a side who loves the footy on the outside.

You are right NOP. Best I have seen Tigers play this year and considering they had Daniher,Irwin,Dicko and Atkinson out they will only improve. Tackling and attack on the ball great. 12 goal second quarter after kicking 3.7 in the first. disposal first rate to Kav who kicked 9 and butchered or gave away another 4 or 5.
Eastlake were terrible though and Brabanon ? did a knee or something serious in the second. I don't think I have seen them this bad and they made Tigers look good through their errors. Hopefully they will improve.They don't stay down long.
Tiny forward Fulwood from O&M played his first game for the Tigers and looks a real find.
What do you know of him from down your way??

yeah coached him in some underage game. cagey knows where the sticks are. how's beau walker travelling one of the smoothest movers played against. couple.of great pick ups

yeah coached him in some underage game. cagey knows where the sticks are. how's beau walker travelling one of the smoothest movers played against. couple.of great pick ups

NOP Beau Walkers a beauty. Was in best 3 or 4 today easily.Not that you would know from the published best players!!! Not a clue whoever picked those as usual. Details like that vital to those who cant get to the game.
Walker has excellent disposal and reads the game well.Looks the goods at this stage.

NOP Beau Walkers a beauty. Was in best 3 or 4 today easily.Not that you would know from the published best players!!! Not a clue whoever picked those as usual. Details like that vital to those who cant get to the game.
Walker has excellent disposal and reads the game well.Looks the goods at this stage.[/quot

Porkhead, NOP,

My apologies I am not sure who you are but it appears that you follow the Tigers games with interest, thank you.

The published best players are those that the coaching staff believe have performed their role for the team as instructed from week to week. This does not always equate to goals or posessions hence where a watcher of the game without the inside knowledge of individual player goals set, may not necessarily agree with the published best.

I hope this helps a little.

Cheers,

PJ

Thanks for the reply PJ.Fair enough. Great to hear the coaching staff are at least consulted. Fascination with on ballers as opposed to key position and rucks amazes me as it does everyone who sees voting on Brownlow /
Mulrooney and B&F nights. I do know what positions are harder to play and get a kick.
I reckon Swan,Walker,King and a couple of others were ahead of some named but thats only a watchers view. Ruck tapouts to rovers were sensational in that game and set up many goals/attacks but appear to unnoticed by the modern watchers/etc.

While moaning,what about the poor write up in the Canberra Times.Nearly all was about Bourkey watching Melbourne Demons....really wtf has that got to do with his side getting smashed yesterday!!

Thanks for the reply PJ.Fair enough. Great to hear the coaching staff are at least consulted. Fascination with on ballers as opposed to key position and rucks amazes me as it does everyone who sees voting on Brownlow /
Mulrooney and B&F nights. I do know what positions are harder to play and get a kick.
I reckon Swan,Walker,King and a couple of others were ahead of some named but thats only a watchers view. Ruck tapouts to rovers were sensational in that game and set up many goals/attacks but appear to unnoticed by the modern watchers/etc.

While moaning,what about the poor write up in the Canberra Times.Nearly all was about Bourkey watching Melbourne Demons....really wtf has that got to do with his side getting smashed yesterday!!

I aree. I cant work out umpires voting at all. I think Conroy has polled less than 30 votes in the Mulrooney over the past 3 years, including 40+ games where he didnt poll at all.

It was a great performance by the lads yesterday and very hard to pick a top 6. I havent seen the article in CT yet, but fortunately the Tigers get well looked after by the QBN Age and QBN FM.

I aree. I cant work out umpires voting at all. I think Conroy has polled less than 30 votes in the Mulrooney over the past 3 years, including 40+ games where he didnt poll at all.

It was a great performance by the lads yesterday and very hard to pick a top 6. I havent seen the article in CT yet, but fortunately the Tigers get well looked after by the QBN Age and QBN FM.

Yes Conroy was fantastic yesterday and been a great player over the years.Agree picking six very hard when you win. Players who set up the win in the first half often get forgotten towards the end of the game. Reckon A Wynd won a lot of his medals cause he was going just as hard in the second half as the first. Deserved every one of them.
Reckon Conroy should have gone close or cracked one by now, no disrespect to recent winners.

Perhaps they meant they thought his side had been watching to much Melbourne Demons.....

Yes Conroy was fantastic yesterday and been a great player over the years.Agree picking six very hard when you win. Players who set up the win in the first half often get forgotten towards the end of the game. Reckon A Wynd won a lot of his medals cause he was going just as hard in the second half as the first. Deserved every one of them.
Reckon Conroy should have gone close or cracked one by now, no disrespect to recent winners.

He was very lucky that his pace never altered PH...it was slow and steady that won all his races ;)

On Conroy he is probably a victim of his own efficiency. Does most things with a minimum of fuss...He is not flashy and does not do eye catching things, he just gets the job done and I don't think that stands out to the umpires unfortunately.

Yes A Wynd just kept rolling didnt he. Perhaps Conroy and Ben King need to dye their hair or go bald to get the umpires votes.

Loved the watching Demons comment.

I recall a few years ago a similiar scoreline Tigers V Eastlake in round one or two under Nathan Clarke then later in the year they reversed things and beat Tigers twice so it is a bit early to write them off I reckon.

Tigers were brilliant in the second quarter yesterday. Not that they didn't play well all day but that was one of the best quarters I have seen for a long time.
It would have been very tough to name six, Beau Walker is a great pick up, probably had close to 30 touches and just does not waste one of them. Finds the target by foot and being a left footer seems to have plenty of time.
Kerlin was great in the ruck, Toby would have been close to 40 again and Kav got some of the best service to a FF in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, Stevens was hard at it and having the luxury of playing Kade Klemke on the half forward line was gold. Swan led the very young backline (except for Cavendon) but all 6 did their job and moved the ball quickly and skillfully. Best game I have seen Matty Liddle play in a long time, you could go on and on.
First gamer Fulford looks a find, he is quick and knows where the goals are, need that crumbing forward and he puts plenty of pressure on without the ball.
Very unfortunate for Brabazon, looked like he did a knee and he will be sorely missed. When he went down it looked like Eastlake were unsure of what to do and who to rotate through the centre.
This week's game against the NT Thunder in the Foxtel Cup will be a great chance for the Tigers to see how they stack up. NT won on the weekend by nearly the same margin and we all know the freakish ability some of their players have. Lets hope its freezing cold and pouring with rain.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back