NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The coach said 1 win in four years, haven't checked to see if he was right but who am I to argue.

Thurlow on the radar, as is Fields (f/son ess) and Starcevich (f/son), varying interest in Yagmoor, Michael, Allen and Sexton.

Even though everybody denies it being a factor, Tassie has a lot more interest in their players because of teams better performances.

High posession counts aren't the norm for the champs, so i would be looking for the quality and impact of the disposals but saying that you still have to find it often enough.

I heard Cameron did Ok as well,[/QUOTE

I think QLD is kidding it's self with the names thrown up. It would be easily to say that before the u/18 carnival but now you would be lucky. Allen was found out big time: has no work ethic and for an outside player needs alot more footy. Laskey struggled and a few others that looked a chance. If this is the best talent in the state maybe we might get a few mature age rookies. Zorko needs a chance and interest in Brittain now after dominating the last 7 weeks.

It's amazing how you can be flying then bad luck comes. Aspley without 2 best onballers this weekend and also speciality half forward! Odds on remands please? Must win for them.

Odds on southport also. Could be a good double!

are you kidding no work rate!! 31 posessions V NT and GPS tracking ran 14Kms as a half back flanker..... V Tas played CHB out of position and got 14 possies, was named in QLD best in 2 of the 4 games on (AFL website) he played by independent AFL (Sheehan) watchers not AFLQ people. get some facts behind your theory! i do agree with you that Zorko deserves a shot at AFL but get off Allens back because Dayne hasnt recieved a crack yet!

are you kidding no work rate!! 31 posessions V NT and GPS tracking ran 14Kms as a half back flanker..... V Tas played CHB out of position and got 14 possies, was named in QLD best in 2 of the 4 games on (AFL website) he played by independent AFL (Sheehan) watchers not AFLQ people. get some facts behind your theory! i do agree with you that Zorko deserves a shot at AFL but get off Allens back because Dayne hasnt recieved a crack yet!

Gee someone hit a nerve I saw all games. Yes he did play well in one game and yes that was AGIANST the NT the other he got best in was a reflection where QLD FOOTY IS and the other two very lazy (maybe because he didn't have tracking on??) where was he in the other games? it's only my opinion. But I suppose we will have to wait and see come the end of the year. Only positive this year is very thin!

The coach said 1 win in four years, haven't checked to see if he was right but who am I to argue.

Thurlow on the radar, as is Fields (f/son ess) and Starcevich (f/son), varying interest in Yagmoor, Michael, Allen and Sexton.

Even though everybody denies it being a factor, Tassie has a lot more interest in their players because of teams better performances.

High posession counts aren't the norm for the champs, so i would be looking for the quality and impact of the disposals but saying that you still have to find it often enough.

I heard Cameron did Ok as well,[/QUOTE

I think QLD is kidding it's self with the names thrown up. It would be easily to say that before the u/18 carnival but now you would be lucky. Allen was found out big time: has no work ethic and for an outside player needs alot more footy. Laskey struggled and a few others that looked a chance. If this is the best talent in the state maybe we might get a few mature age rookies. Zorko needs a chance and interest in Brittain now after dominating the last 7 weeks.

It's amazing how you can be flying then bad luck comes. Aspley without 2 best onballers this weekend and also speciality half forward! Odds on remands please? Must win for them.

Odds on southport also. Could be a good double!

Whats happened at Aspley?

I heard Cameron did Ok as well,

LAB,

I have found over the years that it is no good getting worked up about the system, the guys you mentioned this year will either get drafted or they won't - it all comes down to opinions of others and what clubs are looking for.
Over the last two years without the GC Suns we might have got maybe 6 drafted and that includes 2 kids who came from no where or should I say from Labrador the 2 boys who played 8 or 10 senior AFLQ games between them and someones opinion gave them an oportunity.
Most of the GC Suns Qld kids that have debut this year would not have even been looked at by the other AFL clubs, it was just lucky that they where in that system of TAC Cup and the VFL progression that had given them the chance, 80 draft picks and 50 rookie picks a year equates to 130 player from all over Australia each year.
Our under 18 squad is picked from a zone the size of say the Geelong district in Victoria (about 350 kids) multiply that by 50 from all around the country and it is a wonder we get any drafted, so the father and son boys are in the box seat to get a run followed by guys who really stand out -like Micheal Voss who kicked something like 14 goals in a Div 2 game at the nationals a long time ago and the rest in my opinion are very, very lucky - but having said that the big thing is oportunity some very lucky ones get more than they deserve and most get none.
At the end of the day it's not a bad thing to be playing senior football in the NEAFL, VFL, WAFL or SANFL as that to me is where you have to earn your spot week after week on your game day performance, as there is always some other kid trying to make it there and take you spot away from you.

Whats happened at Aspley?

Buchanan suspended two weeks - that's been in the news.

Shir had a head clash at training and came out worse off - substantially. No doubt it'll be in the NEAFL web site when the damage is fully assessed.

Evans in along with another local youngster. Midfield depth will be tested.

Buchanan suspended two weeks - that's been in the news.

Shir had a head clash at training and came out worse off - substantially. No doubt it'll be in the NEAFL web site when the damage is fully assessed.

Evans in along with another local youngster. Midfield depth will be tested.

Dogmatic6,

I think the only thing that will be tested tomorrow is Redland's endevour to win, twice these side have played this year and twice the Hornets have come out on top, one game toppled the coach (which to me was a discrace) and the other game gave the new coach an insight into the pressure that Redland have been cruelled by over the past few years, midfield aside I think the game is set up for Redland to win, but can they get over that forward and defensive line pressure that Aspley has applied to all of the teams they have played this year? I will be waiting for this result of this clash with baited breath as IMO if Redland lose this one then their season is as good as over and if Aspley win it then the boys from the north might just turn the NEAFL comp on its head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogmatic6,

I think the only thing that will be tested tomorrow is Redland's endevour to win, twice these side have played this year and twice the Hornets have come out on top, one game toppled the coach (which to me was a discrace) and the other game gave the new coach an insight into the pressure that Redland have been cruelled by over the past few years, midfield aside I think the game is set up for Redland to win, but can they get over that forward and defensive line pressure that Aspley has applied to all of the teams they have played this year? I will be waiting for this result of this clash with baited breath as IMO if Redland lose this one then their season is as good as over and if Aspley win it then the boys from the north might just turn the NEAFL comp on its head.

Did you watch this game?See how Hornets come up against high flying Vultures next week.Not in finals yet,very close though.

LAB,

I have found over the years that it is no good getting worked up about the system, the guys you mentioned this year will either get drafted or they won't - it all comes down to opinions of others and what clubs are looking for.
Over the last two years without the GC Suns we might have got maybe 6 drafted and that includes 2 kids who came from no where or should I say from Labrador the 2 boys who played 8 or 10 senior AFLQ games between them and someones opinion gave them an oportunity.
Most of the GC Suns Qld kids that have debut this year would not have even been looked at by the other AFL clubs, it was just lucky that they where in that system of TAC Cup and the VFL progression that had given them the chance, 80 draft picks and 50 rookie picks a year equates to 130 player from all over Australia each year.
Our under 18 squad is picked from a zone the size of say the Geelong district in Victoria (about 350 kids) multiply that by 50 from all around the country and it is a wonder we get any drafted, so the father and son boys are in the box seat to get a run followed by guys who really stand out -like Micheal Voss who kicked something like 14 goals in a Div 2 game at the nationals a long time ago and the rest in my opinion are very, very lucky - but having said that the big thing is oportunity some very lucky ones get more than they deserve and most get none.
At the end of the day it's not a bad thing to be playing senior football in the NEAFL, VFL, WAFL or SANFL as that to me is where you have to earn your spot week after week on your game day performance, as there is always some other kid trying to make it there and take you spot away from you.

Concur mate 100% with all sentiments. There have been many a Qld boy who has played senior AFL footy that would NEVER have played at this level if living in one of the traditional footy states. Opportunities here are incredible. The good kids make a 100 game career. Many of the kids who will get drafted IMO won't even play at U18 level.

Thunder looked well out of place today, panthers beat them to every ball and were far more effecient with their disposals.

Did you watch this game?See how Hornets come up against high flying Vultures next week.Not in finals yet,very close though.

Staminade,

No I did not make the trek down to Vic Point (I don't go that far on my holidays) but from what I have read on this and the NEAFL web site it sounds like Redland was on their game yesterday with the type of preeure they displayed earlier in the season thus bringing the Hornets back down to earth after a big month of killing Giants, full credit and well done to Redland they have now showed (abeit at home) that they can play the type of footy that may get them to the finals if the cards fall their way.

With Morningside giving NT Thunder a touch up and the GC Suns and Vultures purring along 4th and 5th spot in the five will be a very interesting tussle.

The Vultures V Hornets contests will be the decider me thinks as they play each other twice before the end of the season and the results of these games will seal the Hornets fate as for their finals quest in my humble opinion. Can they lift next week ? time will tell, it will be a huge step if they can and if not they will have the fight of their short NEAFL/AFLQ lives to keep their season alive.

Any danger of someone from the GC Suns (the cleaner maybe) posting their goal kickers and best players on the NEAFL web site, the game finished at 6.00pm yesterday and still no sign of it, Pretty shabbey for an AFL Club when all others get up their within an hour of the game ending, come on Suns get your s##t together and get it out and posted when the game finishes.

Staminade,

No I did not make the trek down to Vic Point (I don't go that far on my holidays) but from what I have read on this and the NEAFL web site it sounds like Redland was on their game yesterday with the type of preeure they displayed earlier in the season thus bringing the Hornets back down to earth after a big month of killing Giants, full credit and well done to Redland they have now showed (abeit at home) that they can play the type of footy that may get them to the finals if the cards fall their way.

With Morningside giving NT Thunder a touch up and the GC Suns and Vultures purring along 4th and 5th spot in the five will be a very interesting tussle.

The Vultures V Hornets contests will be the decider me thinks as they play each other twice before the end of the season and the results of these games will seal the Hornets fate as for their finals quest in my humble opinion. Can they lift next week ? time will tell, it will be a huge step if they can and if not they will have the fight of their short NEAFL/AFLQ lives to keep their season alive.

Wouldn't call it a touch up.Thunder got to within 7 during 3rd qtr.Panthers steadied and had a important win.Redlands always grow a extra head when they play at home

Wouldn't call it a touch up.Thunder got to within 7 during 3rd qtr.Panthers steadied and had a important win.Redlands always grow a extra head when they play at home

Chikka,

Its not like you to be so HUMBLE regarding your beloved Morningside - any team that beats the NT Thunder or should I say the NT State side in my opinion its a touch up there is only two teams this year that have done it - are the wheel nuts getting looser or will the wheels on Murray's NT wagon fall off completley the deeper we go into the season with the GC Suns playing them in Cairns this week being the game of the round? Its been a long year for the Territory boys and Morningside may have exposed them once again away from home, having said that if they do get a home final in Darwin they will be very hard to beat with the travel factor being the unknown for all and then again vice versa if they make it too the GF down here.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back