NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news of whether copeland will play this week? And how do teams usually travel after a darwin visit, i'd love to see aspley play in there first finals series with such a young side.

By the way how old are Ives and Wagner, I watched the aspley game and they seemed like regulars.

By the way how old are Ives and Wagner, I watched the aspley game and they seemed like regulars.[/QUOTE]

Both 17 this year

Agreed Damo and dumbness. I wasn't bagging the kids or using injuries to excuse performances. Merely making a point that they (injuries) had been a challenge. There is no unrest. rather, a general excitement at the club about its future. Great to see Ives and Wagner having an impact on the weekend. I disagree with the Doc though that all clubs have been equally affected by injury.

A month ago, Aspley came within a kick of the Vultures without 7 or 8 of the first 10 usually selected. If they come with the right structure and attitude, it'll be game on. Their season is not yet over nor is their hope of playing in finals.

who were the 7 or 8.Shir,Brittain,maybe Colch missing from my recollection.

Vultures may be vulnerable this week,not that it matters to them if they lose.Reid,Evans inj in NT and PNG kids in SYD for IC11 I assume

Hope Zorko comes up this week.Big game.Cmon boys a win or draw will do.

Tough call on any one on Aspley defenders, the delivery Hughes got was such that any quality defender would have struggled to hold him. Colch has been exceptional all year and I think everyone is out of line blaming him for Hughes 7 goals (that is not why Southport won) Both Colch and Hutchison have been revelations for Aspley and should only be encouraged for their efforts

As for Aspley's injuries they are no worse than any other club and one has to expect that in a "contact sport". I still think they are a chance of upsetting Mt Gravatt who travelled this week and will be flat aftet the build-up during the week. They also know they will have to play Thunder again in 3 weeks with NT strengthened by Andrew McLeod, Iggy Vallejo and Matt Rosier and a huge local crowd.

Hope for the clubs sake the talented kids stay put.Tradition has it the club heavily recruits and kids take off as they have been left out in cold.Sheehan taking a pay cut or returning to Vic?

Hope for the clubs sake the talented kids stay put.Tradition has it the club heavily recruits and kids take off as they have been left out in cold.Sheehan taking a pay cut or returning to Vic?

Staminade vailid point with Aspley keeping there young blokes. Probably need another onballer and key FF. From what ive seen they need the big Staven....r (how ever you spell it) playing in the ruck and resting as a deep FWD. Have enough qulaity backman and midfielders / however they will be without 3 of thier top juniors due to state comitments next year hence another onballer. Probably need to add a bit of age to the squad also as copeland and shir are the two oldest 30 & 29. next is about 26 Teale then drops to early 20's / teens.

I am interested to know why you keep bagging sheehan? Probably has not had the year he liked but has been serviceable.

Any news of whether copeland will play this week? And how do teams usually travel after a darwin visit, i'd love to see aspley play in there first finals series with such a young side.

By the way how old are Ives and Wagner, I watched the aspley game and they seemed like regulars.

Yes very good juniors.

Looks like the top 5 set in my opinion. apsley braodbeach and southport to miss.

Staminade vailid point with Aspley keeping there young blokes. Probably need another onballer and key FF. From what ive seen they need the big Staven....r (how ever you spell it) playing in the ruck and resting as a deep FWD. Have enough qulaity backman and midfielders / however they will be without 3 of thier top juniors due to state comitments next year hence another onballer. Probably need to add a bit of age to the squad also as copeland and shir are the two oldest 30 & 29. next is about 26 Teale then drops to early 20's / teens.

I am interested to know why you keep bagging sheehan? Probably has not had the year he liked but has been serviceable.

Aspley best season to date (and unfortunately that may be 8th place !) has been based on Russ Evans using and encouraging the wealth of junior talent at his exposure (Only AFL licence north of the river !) He is to be commended for his stance.
Why would you talk about getting new players - that is the quickest way to lose your talented young playing group and the reason why an entire team of State League hardened footballers are players for other clubs.

Redlands in the picture to host GF due to the nature of the newly laid ground surface.Coorparoo is a no go zone atm as away change rooms building closed off entirely.Yeronga debatable with few issues so if a Bris base team is in GF all roads may lead to Redlands.Nt will not be happy as they appear to struggle on grounds of this size and have not won at this venue.

Redlands in the picture to host GF due to the nature of the newly laid ground surface.Coorparoo is a no go zone atm as away change rooms building closed off entirely.Yeronga debatable with few issues so if a Bris base team is in GF all roads may lead to Redlands.Nt will not be happy as they appear to struggle on grounds of this size and have not won at this venue.

have they built bigger away sheds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same size as Broady.GF will be in Bris as a Bris team will be playing NT.

long way to go yet before we can say for sure those 2 will be there. but it is looking like that. i wouldn't be surprised if they played it at southport, whoever plays in it. the league loves southport that's for sure

so with Mt Gravatt finishing second. they normally play their home finals at coorparoo. will they play at home this season

long way to go yet before we can say for sure those 2 will be there. but it is looking like that. i wouldn't be surprised if they played it at southport, whoever plays in it. the league loves southport that's for sure

so with Mt Gravatt finishing second. they normally play their home finals at coorparoo. will they play at home this season[/quo

Suns got rdy under a tent at Coorparoo last Sat as the building of away rooms is out of action.Asbestos etc apparentally.No one allowed in at all atm.Vultures will play qual final at home.Not sure where prelim will be as you would assume Nt should win in Darwin 1st semi.Neutral ground is the norm for Prelim

Suns got rdy under a tent at Coorparoo last Sat as the building of away rooms is out of action.Asbestos etc apparentally.No one allowed in at all atm.Vultures will play qual final at home.Not sure where prelim will be as you would assume Nt should win in Darwin 1st semi.Neutral ground is the norm for Prelim

so right now i would say the qualifying final will be on saturday the 27th at ditmar park. i would say that's because they will have the second semi final on a saturday night in darwin. give the winner of the qualifying final a full 7 day break

and the elimination final will be on sunday at either broadbeach or morningside

Yes very good juniors.

Looks like the top 5 set in my opinion. apsley braodbeach and southport to miss.

This is a very brave call to say the least - Morningside (God bless them have been the team of the times, back to back and maybe back again) they only have to win to get in and then who knows.

Broadbeach who are 2 & 4 points ahead of the others in the trailing pack, if they win this one they get in, but lose and they are all but gone (but then again depending on their and the % of other teams who may win?). Confused then read on.

Southport beat Redland and they are in, unless Morningside wins and Aslpley beats the Vultures and then their % kills their finals chances.

Redland beats Southport and the reverse as above happens, Wow what are the chances of this happening again?

That now brings me and all of us to the Vultures who are the key to who finishes 5th and the very assute coaching of David Lake IMO.

Does he rest some of his wary older bodys who I am sure he is hoping will get him deep into the finals action (unlike last year) and give some of the better or not so better two's players a run to see how they go I wonder, thats the luxury of finishing in second spot when you can't get to minor premiers and can't drop to third (it is sort of like a free cheat).

David and the Vultures currently sit in the box seat of NEAFL football Northern Division, does he play his best side to hopfully beat the Hornets this week (after a big road trip to the NT and the disapointment of a big loss to win the minor Premiership) or does he look to the finals and know that if Aspley win this one (as he knows they will be playing for their pride and their biggest chance ever to date to play finals footy at this level) he may not get to play them again this season or at worst he gets to play them again or another side the week after with his full and strongest side.

With this, I will be very interseted in the NEAFL web site around 3.00pm this Friday to look at the make up of each side for the final home and away fixture.

All that aside, as a supporter of the new NEAFL format I would like to extend mr best wishes and good luck to all sides wether you finish first or last and thank you all - Clubs, players, coaching staff, support staff, supporters ETC for a wonerfull season of AFL Football up here in the north of the country.

Round 21

GC Suns Res v GWS Giants
Syd Swans Res v Bris Lions Res
NT Thunder v Labrador
Morningside v Broadbeach
Redland v Southport
Mt Gravatt v Aspley

Last round: Good luck to the teams playing for a spot in the five, destiny is in their own hands.

Round 21

GC Suns Res v GWS Giants
NT Thunder v Labrador
Morningside v Broadbeach
Redland v Southport
Mt Gravatt v Aspley

Last round: Good luck to the teams playing for a spot in the five, destiny is in their own hands.

Round 21

GC Suns Res v GWS Giants
NT Thunder v Labrador
Morningside v Broadbeach
Redland v Southport
Mt Gravatt v Aspley

GC Suns Res v GWS Giants
NT Thunder v Labrador
Morningside v Broadbeach
Redland v Southport
Mt Gravatt v Aspley

Looks to be a Gold Coast final first week for me

siders v cats game promises to be epic. virtually a final a week before the finals. will definitely be heading down to that one on sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back