NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe a big call but you can't tell me that Zorko isn't better than 6-8 blokes getting a regular game for the Lions- Sheldon, Stiller, Banfield, Hawksley, Buchanon etc. He showed in the state game that he can go up a level, I would be surprised if an AFL club didn't grab him at the end of the year.

I'm not sure mate - I can tell you that every player you have mentioned that he is apparently better than has played some good football at the top level at various times - Zorko hasn't got a kick outside of Qld has he?? Not saying he can't play at AFL level but its a bit like saying a guy would be good enough to play NEAFL footy because they are killing it in Div 2 State League!! A bit of perspective, especially when you know as well as anyone what a massive, massive gulf there is bn the NEAFL sides and those in the best southern comps. If Zorko was good enough then there is close to 500 players in Melbourne who are too IMO.

SMY1305, you have misunderstood what im saying.obviously you have NFI as to where im coming from.My point is that there are players in this comp that have what it takes to play AFL, AND ARE BEING OVERLOOKED. Im not taking anything away from the guys that have played for the Suns and Lions at the elite level this season, its part of their development and many will become regular senior players, no doubt.
So do you get where Im coming from now....???

Maybe they are overlooked bc of the comp they play in mate - have you thought of that?? Not exactly comparing apples to apples when deciding how good a guy is that is going only ok in the SANFL. You're correct - I have NFI as to where you are coming from - but I imagine its the heart and not the head.

the vultures are going to finish on top and get that all important week off, they have done well seeing they had to carry the burden of being picked as grand finalist by myself at the start of the year and we all know my predictions are as good as using fire under water

sadly i think the hornets will fall short of their first finals berth. even though gee i would love to see them knock off southport at home this week. but the sharks are on a roll and the vultures at homeare tough

the vultures are going to finish on top and get that all important week off, they have done well seeing they had to carry the burden of being picked as grand finalist by myself at the start of the year and we all know my predictions are as good as using fire under water

sadly i think the hornets will fall short of their first finals berth. even though gee i would love to see them knock off southport at home this week. but the sharks are on a roll and the vultures at home are tough

Vultures home game in Darwin Damo this week

Vultures home game in Darwin Damo this week

Think he meant Aspley play the Sharks this week (at home) and then finish with a tough act -- the mighty Vultures at Dittmer....2 tough games to finish up with to make finals.

Redlands effort not any easier: Morningside at Morningside this week followed by Southport at home.

Southport may not be playing finals in the first time ever, but is set to play a big part in who does!

than i am guessing only people through clubs would know if it's true of course. because that's the first i have heard of it

Out on the Southport balcony at 7.30 this evening, he didn't know why, but I'd doubt he'd mention it if it wasn't true. We were just chewing the fat about Sharks vs Queanbeyan and he said it happened this morning.

So what's everyone's thoughts on who plays finals - top 3 are settled (forgetting order..Vultures on top!)

Position
Club
Played
W
L
%
Redland
Aspley
Broadbeach
Morningside
Southport

All on 32 points:
Redland play Morningside away - Southport home
Aspley play Southport home - Mt Gravatt away
Broadbeach play Labrador home - Morningside away

On 30 points:
Morningside play Redland home- Broadbeach home

On 28 points
Southport play Aspley away- Redland away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its correct dammo, not sure whether quit or sacked!!!

Hash call on that Speculation Big E, if true I would like to think it was a promotion or an offer outside of footbal to good to refuse - Marty for all of his faults (which IMO are few) is a ripper bloke who has done a lot for the AFL Brand in Qld over the years he has been at AFLQ and prior to that as a coach etc, whatever the reason for him moving on, (again if true) I wish him every sucess and thank him as a supporter of the game for the hard work in that he has achieved in helping put Qld AFL Footy on a par or near par with some of the more traditional AFL States.

Hash call on that Speculation Big E, if true I would like to think it was a promotion or an offer outside of footbal to good to refuse - Marty for all of his faults (which IMO are few) is a ripper bloke who has done a lot for the AFL Brand in Qld over the years he has been at AFLQ and prior to that as a coach etc, whatever the reason for him moving on, (again if true) I wish him every sucess and thank him as a supporter of the game for the hard work in that he has achieved in helping put Qld AFL Footy on a par or near par with some of the more traditional AFL States.

how is it a harsh call??. just speculating, i dont know what has happened.

agree if true that is,

how is it a harsh call??. just speculating, i dont know what has happened.

Sorry if I offended you Big Fella with the harsh call, but I would like to think he was not Sacked as he does such a good job at present and has done in his duties in the past and I would say because of that, he has been picked up by a higher source or a more deserving employer - just speculating at the moment like us all. It will be a Tough role to fill for the next to grace his Station if he has vacated, that I know like a lot of others do for certain.

It is turning out to be a very interesting new NEAFL Footy Season in more ways than one, off the ground as well as on.

Sorry if I offended you Big Fella with the harsh call, but I would like to think he was not Sacked as he does such a good job at present and has done in his duties in the past and I would say because of that, he has been picked up by a higher source or a more deserving employer - just speculating at the moment like us all. It will be a Tough role to fill for the next to grace his Station if he has vacated, that I know like a lot of others do for certain.

It is turning out to be a very interesting new NEAFL Footy Season in more ways than one, off the ground as well as on.

No all good. I just find the timing of marty's departure a bit odd. On the eve of the finals not sure just speculating

Maurie
Redland and Broadbeach to make up the final 5 Now I will make a huge call here,,,, but not impossible, based on the form of these 2 sides.....And that is a Mount Gravatt vs Broadbeach grand final....call me stupid.... yes, but I think there is a chance of this happening.And if it doesnt get near that, then I eat humble pie,such is the closeness of the competition.All in good fun.

Maurie
Redland and Broadbeach to make up the final 5 Now I will make a huge call here,,,, but not impossible, based on the form of these 2 sides.....And that is a Mount Gravatt vs Broadbeach grand final....call me stupid.... yes, but I think there is a chance of this happening.And if it doesnt get near that, then I eat humble pie,such is the closeness of the competition.All in good fun.

Hey guys, how about getting your opinions on who will make the finals, who will make the grand final and who will be premiers at this stage of the season. Will be interesting to see your predictions.Once again, will be interesting to see your/our thoughts.

Hey guys, how about getting your opinions on who will make the finals, who will make the grand final and who will be premiers at this stage of the season. Will be interesting to see your predictions.Once again, will be interesting to see your/our thoughts.

top 5

mounties
thunder
suns
morningside
redlands

grand final
mounties v thunder

Very interesting finish to the season, and what a season to date.

We still have no clear finalists. NT have stumbled slightly towards the end of the season. MT Gravatt have been good but not always convincing. Suns to drop out of the finals IMO.

Most of these games could genuinely go either way, so the final make up is impossible to accurately predict. The beauty of this for us fans is that in reality elimination finals start this week for Redland, Aspley, Broadbeach, Morningside and Southport and they mostly all play each other.
All on 32 points:
Redland play Morningside away - Southport home
Aspley play Southport home - Mt Gravatt away
Broadbeach play Labrador home - Morningside away

On 30 points:
Morningside play Redland home- Broadbeach home

On 28 points
Southport play Aspley away- Redland away

The key is Southport. really think they have no chance of winning 2 games and its competitors all loose..(impossible) - they need 8 points as their percentage wont get them their even if they are level on points - however there is every chance they could win both games and stuff things up for Redland & Aspley. On form, they are going better than both those teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back