NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

You are pretty good at giving your opinion at the detrement of others BBallscout - so far you have shopped Murray Bird and Bird Bet, given Jack Stanley and Stanlake a raz and now given Marty King pay plus countless others I would presume. Who cares what you think.

How many games did you play bucko and even more to the point how many QAFL, NEAFL competitions have you run? Its pretty easy turning up to the game each week and then give those who run it a cook. Maybe Marty worked you out early thus your not so good vibe - he doesent take to fools easy and usually gives them a wide berth.

Obviously you dont get on well with many living on that cloud in the sky even yourself by the sound of things. Have a good look in the miror and a teaspoon of cement and harden up matey.

Who cares what you think as well.He is entitled to his opinion,be it right or wrong.Can ask you the same question about how many games you played,coached etc or you just one of those fat beer drinkers who watch Aspley home games but are unwilling to travel to away games.

Who cares what you think as well.He is entitled to his opinion,be it right or wrong.Can ask you the same question about how many games you played,coached etc or you just one of those fat beer drinkers who watch Aspley home games but are unwilling to travel to away games.

Staminade,

Opinions are fine, thats what this forum is about but not at the detriment of others without a reason, Bird Bet are the only betting agency that lay odds on our comp week in week out if you dont bet thats fine but some of us do and through comments by others this arrangement was nearly lost.

Jack Stanley and Stanlake are two listed players for the GC Suns who have had very limited oportunities in my opinion and if you dont rate them give us a reason not just state that Wrigley is a better player.

Also if you dont like a bloke again give us your reason not just use the comment of a bad vibe about him (who I and a lot of others have a lot of time for as an administrator and coach and a person) what does that mean a bad vibe?

They are my opinions again - if you havent got something meaningfull to say then who cares.

Further to you return comments, yes I have played the game and I also had a stint in a coaching role, unfortunatley I am not what you perceve as a fat beer drinker in the bar at Aspley (but God love them at all clubs they are the real traditional club supporters without them we would just have a bunch footy whingers).

I will, like you no doubt be travelling to Esplin Oval today to watch a bonus NEAFL Ellimination Final and you wont find me in the Bar but on the wing enjoying the game.

Marty King leaked information illegally to a non qld club. It is both morally and legally wrong and a breach of contract. Enough said, think it sums up his character as any half decent person would not do this. Both Suns and Lions have now complained about him within a few years.

epic fightback by morningside today, looked as good as gone at half time.

qtr x qtr scores

Morningside--1.1(7)--2.4(16)--8.8(56)--12.9(81)
Broadbeach--8.1(49)--9.3(57)--11.5(71)--12.6(78)

You have taken pot shots at Aspley all year, but they have now made the finals (much to your dislike). What will you find to say now motor mouth :D.
Please come in and introduce yourself to fat beer drinkers at Aspley, I am sure they would love to meet you. But as I have have said before you are one to hide behind this forum and choose to sling off at most for no reason.

so the hornets are in and where are the blokes who had them running last and not winning a game, yeah there is plenty of you and the same ones that go to the club and drink there as well and the jelous ones of the club for their money and the fact their kids couldn't make it. i'll admit i was wrong and thank god they made it. i will always say, you can't just sit by and let things just happen and they couldn't

Marty King leaked information illegally to a non qld club. It is both morally and legally wrong and a breach of contract. Enough said, think it sums up his character as any half decent person would not do this. Both Suns and Lions have now complained about him within a few years.

Now that is another opinion bb or did you sit in on the investigation?

The wheels have already started to fall off thanks to the administration geniuses minus Marty King at AFLQ. Aspley now gets disadvantaged by having their reserves play a curtin raiser at Redlands on Sunday with their seniors playing half a city away at Morningside straight afterward, why can I ask is it good enough for MT. Gravatt to play at Dittmer Park through the home and away season then host a final at a netual ground last year it was NT Thunder at Coorparoo?????

Why not Aspley and MT. Gravatt Reserves play each other on the Saturday with both sides having the six day break - thus freeing up all medical, support and coaching staff including all supporters to be involved in both games - I am sure even and especially Marty King would have thought of this one - it ain't rocket science.

At at present Aspley with their first finals appearance in the AFLQ-NEAFL senior competition get the rough break first up, where is the equal fairness in that decision?

Enjoy your off season staminade, if you get lonley you can always go up to Aspley and have a drink with the fat beer drinkers in the Bar who by now will be celebrating Aspley's position in the five and the Cats demise. Go Sidders what an increadable game of Footy today - One for the Ages.

why are both finals on sunday and why are the vultures playing at vic point. they might as well play at aspley or at broadbeach for this game. it is their home game and because it's against an afl ressies they have to play it some where else. it just shows where local footy is going here in qld

So someone in authority needs to answer this question. Why does the team that finishes second have to play away in the first week of finals and the team that finishes 4th get to play at home...which is of a great advantage both ground wise and crowd wise.

So someone in authority needs to answer this question. Why does the team that finishes second have to play away in the first week of finals and the team that finishes 4th get to play at home...which is of a great advantage both ground wise and crowd wise.

it's to do with the surface i think and i wonder if it would be the same if it was against a local team. i think it's ridiculous

Enjoy your off season staminade, if you get lonley you can always go up to Aspley and have a drink with the fat beer drinkers in the Bar who by now will be celebrating Aspley's position in the five and the Cats demise. Go Sidders what an increadable game of Footy today - One for the Ages.

Enjoy trip back M1 Staminade.

Now that is another opinion bb or did you sit in on the investigation?

The wheels have already started to fall off thanks to the administration geniuses minus Marty King at AFLQ. Aspley now gets disadvantaged by having their reserves play a curtin raiser at Redlands on Sunday with their seniors playing half a city away at Morningside straight afterward, why can I ask is it good enough for MT. Gravatt to play at Dittmer Park through the home and away season then host a final at a netual ground last year it was NT Thunder at Coorparoo?????

Why not Aspley and MT. Gravatt Reserves play each other on the Saturday with both sides having the six day break - thus freeing up all medical, support and coaching staff including all supporters to be involved in both games - I am sure even and especially Marty King would have thought of this one - it ain't rocket science.

At at present Aspley with their first finals appearance in the AFLQ-NEAFL senior competition get the rough break first up, where is the equal fairness in that decision?

Does the winner of Qual final go to Darwin on a 6 day beak as Darwin games usually played Sat night

Feel sorry for Aspleys support staff,trainers etc 2 venues 1 day.Confused why Redlands is hosting.Panthers 18s play gf at Aspley on Sun,could have been used as a curtain raiser

Great comeback by Panthers.Hope best umps are doing finals.Very confusing decisions today both ways.Broady red hot 1st half,losing Eagle did not help but credit to all Panthers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the winner of Qual final go to Darwin on a 6 day beak as Darwin games usually played Sat night

Feel sorry for Aspleys support staff,trainers etc 2 venues 1 day.Confused why Redlands is hosting.Panthers 18s play gf at Aspley on Sun arvo as well

Great comeback by Panthers.Hope best umps are doing finals.Very confusing decisions today both ways.Broady red hot 1st half,losing Eagle did not help but credit to all Panthers.

there isn't any common sense in the local comps any more in qld

Good luck to all finals teams.

Great first season of NEAFL, the standard has improved quite abit.

The league won't allow clubs to host finals if their ground cannot be secured to allow them to run the gate, I think that's the case anyway.

State league footy in QLD will be strange without Marty King. A forum is for everyone and we don't have to agree but it seems he has more support on here than not.

I will be very interested to see what the GC suns dish up in the next few weeks. Will they go with the Lions blueprint from 2000ish and try and give their young blokes an experience of trying to win a flag or (most likely) will they pull the pin to coincide with their seniors....it makes a mockery of the comp if we have 2 teams inns 10 team comp that will tank in finals to suit their own needs.

Good luck to all finals teams.

Great first season of NEAFL, the standard has improved quite abit.

The league won't allow clubs to host finals if their ground cannot be secured to allow them to run the gate, I think that's the case anyway.

State league footy in QLD will be strange without Marty King. A forum is for everyone and we don't have to agree but it seems he has more support on here than not.

I will be very interested to see what the GC suns dish up in the next few weeks. Will they go with the Lions blueprint from 2000ish and try and give their young blokes an experience of trying to win a flag or (most likely) will they pull the pin to coincide with their seniors....it makes a mockery of the comp if we have 2 teams inns 10 team comp that will tank in finals to suit their own needs.

the lions have made a mockery of the local comp for the last 9 years. everyone knows it

as for the the gate takings. morningside are in the same position nearly, unless they have people in the far wing getting people to pay as the walk in. so really it has more to do with surface

the lions have made a mockery of the local comp for the last 9 years. everyone knows it

as for the the gate takings. morningside are in the same position nearly, unless they have people in the far wing getting people to pay as the walk in. so really it has more to do with surface

Any rules for Suns regarding top up players for finals?

panthers deserve the home final. they finished ahead of aspley and good on them.

the qualifying final should be on a saturday, seeing they will probably have the second semi on a saturday night and really the vultures should feel a bit shafted in all of this. they finished second and they should get a home final

I am sure when the season started no one had the foresight that it would pan out as it has
smaller ground should suit vultures but do you win and travel or lose and play the winner of a bruising encounter and hopefully play a tired well travelled team on a 6 day break it wouldnt be the first time a team with a double chance has lost in the first week of finals to end up playing a GF
Ask Parkin

pains me to say this...but thought Vultures effort today was dreadful....word around the ground was that losing was OK to ensure/try and ensure that Aspley play finals.

Was it good for the Club? What is good for our brand? Was iy good for football?

Call me a traditionalist..but I reckon winning is a god thing.....There were too many signs today that made me think things werent right and I reckon if we need to manipulate results to achieve an outcome, then that outcome is tainted...Am sure it has happened in the past and this and other levels, but I really think it smells. Lets hope it doesnt screw up our finals campaign. Losing can become infectious!

pains me to say this...but thought Vultures effort today was dreadful....word around the ground was that losing was OK to ensure/try and ensure that Aspley play finals.

Was it good for the Club? What is good for our brand? Was iy good for football?

Call me a traditionalist..but I reckon winning is a god thing.....There were too many signs today that made me think things werent right and I reckon if we need to manipulate results to achieve an outcome, then that outcome is tainted...Am sure it has happened in the past and this and other levels, but I really think it smells. Lets hope it doesnt screw up our finals campaign. Losing can become infectious!

Interesting comments Maurie. You generally make pretty considered comments on here and I reckon its not something you would like to admit, essentially saying Mounties tanked. When you look at the clubs that just missed Broady and Southport-both in good form and looking dangerous, it maybe was a "preferred" result.

At the end of the day the season goes for 18 rounds and the Mounties earned the right to not require a win. I understand if a couple of players were not so motivated and perhaps looking to not get injured and Aspley would have been hungry.

Flirting with form can be dangerous though.

Quality game of footy at Esplen today. Cats a bit stiff with a soft 50 metre penalty 10 seconds before the end of the game deciding the result in the end. A shame when that is the talking point of the game, but the ups and downs are what make footy great.

Interesting comments Maurie. You generally make pretty considered comments on here and I reckon its not something you would like to admit, essentially saying Mounties tanked. When you look at the clubs that just missed Broady and Southport-both in good form and looking dangerous, it maybe was a "preferred" result.

At the end of the day the season goes for 18 rounds and the Mounties earned the right to not require a win. I understand if a couple of players were not so motivated and perhaps looking to not get injured and Aspley would have been hungry.

Flirting with form can be dangerous though.

Quality game of footy at Esplen today. Cats a bit stiff with a soft 50 metre penalty 10 seconds before the end of the game deciding the result in the end. A shame when that is the talking point of the game, but the ups and downs are what make footy great.

Thought it was correct decision:rolleyes:.Broadbeach have a great list,played top footy 1st half.Be very dangerous next year if same list stays.Young Boston has a huge future.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back