NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it was correct decision:rolleyes:.Broadbeach have a great list,played top footy 1st half.Be very dangerous next year if same list stays.Young Boston has a huge future.

Of course you would think it was a correct decision Chikka. Technically it probably was right- but on that measure you would see 20-25 every match. Happened right in front of me and it was very very soft and harsh given the situation of the game.

pains me to say this...but thought Vultures effort today was dreadful....word around the ground was that losing was OK to ensure/try and ensure that Aspley play finals.

Was it good for the Club? What is good for our brand? Was iy good for football?

Call me a traditionalist..but I reckon winning is a god thing.....There were too many signs today that made me think things werent right and I reckon if we need to manipulate results to achieve an outcome, then that outcome is tainted...Am sure it has happened in the past and this and other levels, but I really think it smells. Lets hope it doesnt screw up our finals campaign. Losing can become infectious!

Maurie - I know it must hurt you to say the words above going around the ground today being a true supporter of the Vultures, but those words are easy to say when things dont go right and the result is not what you expected - I was not at the game today but I spoke to a few blokes that where and they reported that the Vultures looked flat but did not give up even with 5 minutes to go they where apparently still attacking.

A big emotional loss last week to a side who will win the flag and a road trip that is difficult to get over - may have played a big part in todays result.

If what you are eluding to - that Mt Gravatt rolled over on this game, if true it sets a very bad emphisis and could be very detrimental on your final's campain with a straight sets loss on the cards, as its very hard to get the players up when it is ok to not put in.

I know that Nipper, Nifty and Lakey wont like the 2 loss/1 win result (with only a 7 point margin in that win when they played 3 weeks ago) from the new boys on the block this year. The real question is have the Mounties peaked too early? We will know how it is next week or finally the week after when they either become real contenders for the flag or pretenders for another year.

Rnd 21 results

stuyd 3 (63)
Footyfanatic1 4 (63)
staminade 2 (61)
chikka ferguson 4 (61)
maurie 4 (61)
2010premier 4 (60)
BigE 6 (58)
Thunderdoc 4 (54)
Lifes a Beach 4 (53)
Speedyunit 4 (53)
pointer 1 (53)
Morphous 3 (52)

Bballscout 2

Great round BigE 6 winners

Well done to Stuyd & Footyfanatic1 ( 2 hours earlier footyfanatic1 and you were home outright )

Good luck to all the finalists, looks like time for me to take up golf might be a different winter for me next year.

Does everyone want to go into the finals just let me know on reply

Great effort by Aspley, hope they don't think the work is done.

Mmm Morningside and 50 metre penalties having dejavu here.

NT Thunder is a machine that will only get stronger, all clubs will have to aspire to this level of professionalism if they want to succeed at this level.Some will be left behind.

No Gold Coast state league side in the finals, and no GC is not a Gold coast side it is an AFL reserves side.

Almost 12 months ago I had an angry discussion (on my part) with Marty King about issues that I thought verged on corrupt in our footy state and he stoutly defended his colleagues and employer, shame he wasn't afforded the same loyalty.

Conflict of interest, spare me if that was a crime in our fair state's AFL corridors then we could have an investigation of Fitzgerald Inquiry proportions and the results would not surprise many.

NT Thunder is a machine that will only get stronger, all clubs will have to aspire to this level of professionalism if they want to succeed at this level.Some will be left behind.

No Gold Coast state league side in the finals, and no GC is not a Gold coast side it is an AFL reserves side.

Almost 12 months ago I had an angry discussion (on my part) with Marty King about issues that I thought verged on corrupt in our footy state and he stoutly defended his colleagues and employer, shame he wasn't afforded the same loyalty.

Conflict of interest, spare me if that was a crime in our fair state's AFL corridors then we could have an investigation of Fitzgerald Inquiry proportions and the results would not surprise many.

Do tell Lifes a Beach....I would be very interested in hearing what the basis of the discussion was. I know in many circles that similar topics get discussed and thrown around. You don't have to name names etc but I would like to hear if different groups manage to see and identify the same problems yet the administrators etc are blind to it or are deliberately doing things to suit their own ends and have the arrogance not to listen. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion and I'm sure they hear plenty and plenty are expressed, but does everyone see the same things going on. Is it affecting the credibility of the NEAFL.

pains me to say this...but thought Vultures effort today was dreadful....word around the ground was that losing was OK to ensure/try and ensure that Aspley play finals.

Was it good for the Club? What is good for our brand? Was iy good for football?

Call me a traditionalist..but I reckon winning is a god thing.....There were too many signs today that made me think things werent right and I reckon if we need to manipulate results to achieve an outcome, then that outcome is tainted...Am sure it has happened in the past and this and other levels, but I really think it smells. Lets hope it doesnt screw up our finals campaign. Losing can become infectious!

Maurie, funny you say this and I congratulate you on your honesty.Why, funny you say ; because I was going to make this comment/suggestion last week from info I had recieved, but decided not to,as people on this forum might of thought I was a nutter, and I did not want to disrespect the ability of Aspley as a football team.
Now, my feedback is that you are correct as your team preferred to have Aspley or Redlands in the finals, not Morningside, Broadbeach, or Southport.
Anyway, thats Footy.No further comment.

Dejavu also in making a huge comeback in a finals type game.Fieldsy will have nightmares about Kent,Mugs and Panthers.

Of course you would think it was a correct decision Chikka. Technically it probably was right- but on that measure you would see 20-25 every match. Happened right in front of me and it was very very soft and harsh given the situation of the game.
Yes, Premier, the penalty was not warranted, but thats the umpires call and we cant change it.
Broadbeach, lost its goalkicking power when they lost Eagle late in the 1st quarter, as he was outstanding with his work to create goals, not just kick goals himself.and Emery copped an injury to his ankle which severley restricted him to a non event.Whereas, Mugavin and Abbey for the Panthers became the guns and capatialized on the good work done by their teammates feeding the forward line.
I must say, Abbey is a great overhead mark, and Ive seen him play on numerous occasions. Would have to be one of the best overhead marks in the comp.Not for taking specs, but his ability to read the flight of the ball and use his body to get into the position to take the grab.

Lifes a Beach, yes Im in for tipping during the finals. Also, thanks to you for updating the tipping comp results each week during the season. 3 cheers from all the tipsters hey;;;

Thought it was correct decision:rolleyes:.Broadbeach have a great list,played top footy 1st half.Be very dangerous next year if same list stays.Young Boston has a huge future.
Chikka, Broadbeach has a long term plan, and their improvement this year cannot be denied. Their seasons results have been exceptional and your right, if they can keep the majority of players and recruit welll again , they will be a huge threat in 2012.Hopefully this happens , as they need depth and if got this, that will make their magoos stronger and become a feeder in the case of injuries occuring to regular senior players.
I know its early to be talking this, but its known that Walton will be returning to WA, AND Zorko is expected to be drafted.Apparently Collingwood and The Western Bulldogs are seriously considering him.Anyway, time will tell,..... he may well still be at Broadbeach in 2012 yet.The nomad , Eagle, well who knows,... been at 5 clubs in the past 5 years. Anyway time will tell over the off season. And yeah, young Boston looks great and possibly a future AFL graduate.

Maurie, funny you say this and I congratulate you on your honesty.Why, funny you say ; because I was going to make this comment/suggestion last week from info I had recieved, but decided not to,as people on this forum might of thought I was a nutter, and I did not want to disrespect the ability of Aspley as a football team.
Now, my feedback is that you are correct as your team preferred to have Aspley or Redlands in the finals, not Morningside, Broadbeach, or Southport.

Give me a break, you blokes and your conspiracy theories.

These two sides have played three times this year.

History has showed us that Aspley won the first game by 2 points (Mt Gravatt were clearly the better team on the day) did they throw that one? I dont think so they just played ordinary and they were out coached when it counted.

The next game they won by 8 points and they were the second best team on the day it was just luck that got them over the line a bit of role reversal to the first game.

I can not comment on the game yesterday but I will put it down to a reality check handed out by the NT Thunder the week before after that touchup a 41 point loss would be a fair result I would have thought.

What will be the excuse this week if the GC Suns beat them? which is a scary thought for those old tired legs because there is two very hungry sides one young pup and one old mongrul dog going to kick the crap out of each other this Sunday just to have the pleasure to line up against them the week after or if they do happen to win against the unknown GC Suns they get to go back to Darwin and get beat up again, that dosen't seem to smart to me, being smart if that is the way they are thinking sometimes can be dumb when it all comes crashing down. I take David Lake and Neville Miller as smarter than that.

Instead of dreaming up fairy tales about who you blokes think they the team would like to play, you would be better off giving them your support and accept the fact that even though they have finished second on the ladder they are now going through a form slump which puts them in contention to send them crashing out of the finals race in straight sets.

This is the business end of the year when the only form that counts is winning form and the Vultures a lacking in that department big time.

A statement was needed by the contender yesterday that they were the real deal and judging by the result that was not the case and you blokes got sucked in by mediocricy hidden as an excuse to choose their possible future opponent. Its this year or its over for a while up on the Mountain as the Vulture train is starting to get slower and slower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anybody know if there is a market for the Grogan and were odds might be posted

dumbness,

Give Murray at Birdbet a call - I am not sure of the number but if you call AFLQ and ask for their media department I am sure they will give you the number as the game odds are in most NEAFL Footy Records each week.

History has showed us that Aspley won the first game by 2 points (Mt Gravatt were clearly the better team on the day) did they throw that one? I dont think so they just played ordinary and they were out coached when it counted.

The next game they won by 8 points and they were the second best team on the day it was just luck that got them over the line a bit of role reversal to the first game.

I can not comment on the game yesterday but I will put it down to a reality check handed out by the NT Thunder the week before after that touchup a 41 point loss would be a fair result I would have thought.

What will be the excuse this week if the GC Suns beat them? which is a scary thought for those old tired legs because there is two very hungry sides one young pup and one old mongrul dog going to kick the crap out of each other this Sunday just to have the pleasure to line up against them the week after or if they do happen to win against the unknown GC Suns they get to go back to Darwin and get beat up again, that dosen't seem to smart to me, being smart if that is the way they are thinking sometimes can be dumb when it all comes crashing down. I take David Lake and Neville Miller as smarter than that.

Instead of dreaming up fairy tales about who you blokes think they the team would like to play, you would be better off giving them your support and accept the fact that even though they have finished second on the ladder they are now going through a form slump which puts them in contention to send them crashing out of the finals race in straight sets.

This is the business end of the year when the only form that counts is winning form and the Vultures a lacking in that department big time.

A statement was needed by the contender yesterday that they were the real deal and judging by the result that was not the case and you blokes got sucked in by mediocricy hidden as an excuse to choose their possible future opponent. Its this year or its over for a while up on the Mountain as the Vulture train is starting to get slower and slower.
Snorkle, have no doubt about your opinions. You may be on the mark. I just commented on the feedback I recieved prior to the weekends game, and said nothing about it, yet the result was true to the rumour.Now due to the evenness of the comp, any result could happen and if thats the case and Vultures did not throw the game, well good on Apsley.The proof is now ahead of all finals participants, simple as that.

Agree with you on the conspiracy theory part. Really couldnt see why mt gravatt would waste their time worrying about other sides and who could make finals and who cant. Just doesnt make sense. Aspley were obviously a much more committed side and mt gravatt were just in cruise mode. Hats off to Aspley i say.

As far as your comment on mt gravatts 'old legs' tiring. Other than skubis i dont think there would be too many blokes over the age of 25-26 in their group. Like every side in the comp i think they are a fairly young bunch. I dont think that so called 'train' is getting slower. I thought they would struggle this year but they proved me and a lot of people wrong. Players like morrison, white and tarrant were part of that old brigade and left. The gap has been filled nicely by their new recruits.

Wouldnt be suprised to seem them come out breathing fire this week. Every side has had their flat patch this year and this was theirs. I have no doubt they will be their at the big dance alongside NT.

Snorkle, have no doubt about your opinions. You may be on the mark. I just commented on the feedback I recieved prior to the weekends game, and said nothing about it, yet the result was true to the rumour.Now due to the evenness of the comp, any result could happen and if thats the case and Vultures did not throw the game, well good on Apsley.The proof is now ahead of all finals participants, simple as that.

Fair call stuyd1, but the more these these grand ideas of match fixing get published the more it brings our game into doubt and fuels the taint in sport - everyone must give credit where it is due even if they dont like the outcome, the record shows that one side won and one side lost.

It would be very interesting to see how much Birdbet lost on the game result and where and from whom the bets came from, I am sure if Murray lost a motsa on the possible fixed result he would had used his right to ask for an investigation and then that would be very newsworthy.

I am sorry I missed this game now but my very good mail from those who were their yesterday was that there was no more room in the MT Gravatt engine room on top of the change rooms, the comment made was they the many coaching staff were bunched up like Crows on a power line with a cigarette paper between them, so many footy brains and still no winning result.

Most would have thought if the game was over before it started the Coaching staff would have been minimal and most of them would have been in the bar and at the TAB instead of falling over each other ringing the changes like at Custers Last Stand.

thanks for that
the game aspley won at home by 2 points / out coached you would have to elaborate maybe out run right at the end
vultures 8pt win luck you make your own luck personally they were lucky that the margin was only 8 pts
As for yesterday it looked like the wind was knocked out of there sails from the previous week Aspley had plenty to play for and play they did wouldnt say the best team on there day won
I would say that was there A game players out etc players sore etc it counts for nothing healthy football culture involves winning keeps the cogs ticking over makes the team places hard to crack into and allows more versatility (positional)
Saying all that no team goes out to lose or to get beat
It will be interesting to see how Aspley regroup and play a very experienced finals group in morningside both games this year defensively aspley were solid and will need to be again if they restrict delivery to there forwards Aspley win

Fair call stuyd1, but the more these these grand ideas of match fixing get published the more it brings our game into doubt and fuels the taint in sport - everyone must give credit where it is due even if they dont like the outcome, the record shows that one side won and one side lost.

It would be very interesting to see how much Birdbet lost on the game result and where and from whom the bets came from, I am sure if Murray lost a motsa on the possible fixed result he would had used his right to ask for an investigation and then that would be very newsworthy.

I am sorry I missed this game now but my very good mail from those who were their yesterday was that there was no more room in the MT Gravatt engine room on top of the change rooms, the comment made was they the many coaching staff were bunched up like Crows on a power line with a cigarette paper between them, so many footy brains and still no winning result.

Most would have thought if the game was over before it started the Coaching staff would have been minimal and most of them would have been in the bar and at the TAB instead of falling over each other ringing the changes like at Custers Last Stand.
Snorkle, no problems,... I guess at the end of the day my wish was to have my team make the finals,be it Broadbeach.(flesh blood) In addition to this I welcome fresh blood making the finals, be it Apsley and a chance for Redland that didnt occur.Every comp needs to have clubs that improve and make the finals, instead of seeing the same old clubs in the finals race. If we think this season has been so competitive, wait to season 2012.Looking forward to this.

if morningside beat aspley and the suns beat mt gravatt in the first week. wont mt gravatt play morningside the following week???

if morningside beat aspley and the suns beat mt gravatt in the first week. wont mt gravatt play morningside the following week???

Thats correct Big E..... welll pointed out.

In regards teams not or who wanting to play is a different story come finals. No matter who is in the finals race anything can happen.

Last week morningside produced a second half (was like a final) that would have beaten anyone on there day.

Aspley hinted they may be a force in september and if key personal are back, would make for an interesting story.

NT will not win it if they have to travell.

Suns just want the break so they can get all the boys into training asap (8 week off rule for AFL listed players)

Mt Gravatt ... well the jury is out after there poor performance on the weekend. winning form into finals is good form.

My predication after watching morningside and hearing about Aspley is that the winner will come from this weekends game. The year has been very unpredictable so here it is then.

Can anyone tell me how the Reserves Ladder is looking and any tips for the reserves final series??? I hear Aspley are doing well.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back