NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broady pumped Southport, great effort. Did anyone see it?

Morningside prevailed over the Lions by 7 points. A few nervous moments Chikka?

Cats were excellent today, but it must be said that Southport were a bit disappointing. A few of their older blokes were made to look slow.

Cant wait for the new season to start...my spies tell me that MT Gravatt & Broadbeach will be the big improvers...bring it on:

Mt Gravatt by 4 goals
Labrador by 2
NT by plenty
Morningside by more
Broadbeach by a few

DAMN!!..why didnt I take a bet on this.....Wow..Broady smacked Southoprt!

Just good to get 4 points.Lions were tremendous,they could have thrown the towel in but didn't.Not to many teams beat Brisbane at this time of year especially with 15 listed players.No easy games this year.
Noticed Rhan Hooper played 2s for Broady today.Glad I took 3/1 for them to make top 5.
ThunderDoc says Nt would have won by at least 100 on a dry track.

chikka ferguson said:
ThunderDoc says Nt would have won by at least 100 on a dry track.

50m penalty for the Doc being off the mark.

There was one difference in the sides on the night and that was Thunder's ability to cope with the wet conditions. Hornets were fumbling first and second attempts. That meant too much pressure on their disposals. The lack of confidence led to poor decisions.

The ground was very wet underfoot with little ability to get solid purchase. Ewing pushed Hartwig off the footy on a number of occasions due largely to no footing. Buff's low centre of gravity worked a treat.

A dry track would have brought the teams closer. Chatting to McLeod after the game, he said the Thunder were also out on their feet by the end of the third quarter due to the conditions. Young Brain caught him and laid a nice tackle in the last. McLeod said he had nothing left at that point. Add plane flight legs to that and the heavy track was the defining difference.

I didn't agree with all NT's player awards on the night. I thought Tyrrell had a very good game and was close to best. He was winning the ruck contests to advantage. C Illett was everywhere at the end of second and start of the third quarter to put paid to an Aspley challenge (within two goals at one point late in the second) but didn't dominate otherwise. Still in their best though.

The competition has gone up a notch or two as expected, Redlands have improved and so have Broady. There will be few easy games in this comp.

Southport has some decisions to make on older players careers, probably a year too late.Have they ever sat at the bottom of the ladder before?

The competition has gone up a notch or two as expected, Redlands have improved and so have Broady. There will be few easy games in this comp.

Southport has some decisions to make on older players careers, probably a year too late.Have they ever sat at the bottom of the ladder before?

How is Matts hammy?Sounds like a great win with loss of key personal throughout the game.Will Corrie get suspended?

There was one difference in the sides on the night and that was Thunder's ability to cope with the wet conditions. Hornets were fumbling first and second attempts. That meant too much pressure on their disposals. The lack of confidence led to poor decisions.

The ground was very wet underfoot with little ability to get solid purchase. Ewing pushed Hartwig off the footy on a number of occasions due largely to no footing. Buff's low centre of gravity worked a treat.

A dry track would have brought the teams closer. Chatting to McLeod after the game, he said the Thunder were also out on their feet by the end of the third quarter due to the conditions. Young Brain caught him and laid a nice tackle in the last. McLeod said he had nothing left at that point. Add plane flight legs to that and the heavy track was the defining difference.

I didn't agree with all NT's player awards on the night. I thought Tyrrell had a very good game and was close to best. He was winning the ruck contests to advantage. C Illett was everywhere at the end of second and start of the third quarter to put paid to an Aspley challenge (within two goals at one point late in the second) but didn't dominate otherwise. Still in their best though.

Should be a cracker of a game then this sat at Graham Rd against the high flying Cats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with your photos Damo.You got Rogers in the state game on top of a Tassie players shoulders.

Damo your photos are excellent, I still cherish the "mullet" in Tassie cololurs

You are a loyal supporter of the Hornets and don't be put off by such comments. The comptetion could do with more people like you

How is Matts hammy? Not sure yet.

Sounds like a great win with loss of key personal throughout the game.No bench for most of the game, strange officiating, 80 metre penalties, 40 min last quarter, better than a great win.

Will Corrie get suspended? It looked like he regretted it, but should be.

How is Matts hammy? Not sure yet.

Sounds like a great win with loss of key personal throughout the game.No bench for most of the game, strange officiating, 80 metre penalties, 40 min last quarter, better than a great win.

Will Corrie get suspended? It looked like he regretted it, but should be.

did they get the protractor and triangle out to measure the penalties

watched Broadbeach demoralize the sharks. They made the sharks look slow. Are extremely fit and good in both attacking moves and defensive plays.Young guys good, 3 or 4 of the lessar known recruits excelled and they did this without Hooper, Fulton, and in a few weeks will get the gun from WA in Walton. I know its only round 1, but watch out for this Broadbeach combination.

Nt travelled the week 4b,2 flights with in 24 hrs,stuck on the tarmac for 2 hrs plus do not train as a team at all.
Was there for the game,(ThunderDoc looked good in his Thunder uniform),but Aspley looked slow and unorganised compared to trials.Shir best by far for Aspley,Sheehan very disappointing.Tapp outstanding against his old club.Nt unbeatable in Darwin and watch out if they start to win on the road,Alice included.Little # 14 for NT very slippery

Nt travelled the week 4b,2 flights with in 24 hrs,stuck on the tarmac for 2 hrs plus do not train as a team at all.
Was there for the game,(ThunderDoc looked good in his Thunder uniform),but Aspley looked slow and unorganised compared to trials.Shir best by far for Aspley,Sheehan very disappointing.Tapp outstanding against his old club.Nt unbeatable in Darwin and watch out if they start to win on the road,Alice included.Little # 14 for NT very slippery

Have to agree that young Tangatulum is very good. Flies under the radar. May have to call him Whispering Death soon. A very quiet lad.

No doubt that Tapp is the biggest loss Aspley has suffered in recent times followed closely by Carpenter.

Was interested in McLeod's comments that they trained the night before on TIO in the same conditions. Would account a little for their superior handling and put paid to your claim that they don't train together "at all". Back that up with the local season just having finished. With three metres of rain over the past six months in Darwin, I'd imagine that the guys are very familiar with the conditions.

Have to agree that young Tangatulum is very good. Flies under the radar. May have to call him Whispering Death soon. A very quiet lad.

No doubt that Tapp is the biggest loss Aspley has suffered in recent times followed closely by Carpenter.

Was interested in McLeod's comments that they trained the night before on TIO in the same conditions. Would account a little for their superior handling and put paid to your claim that they don't train together "at all". Back that up with the local season just having finished. With three metres of rain over the past six months in Darwin, I'd imagine that the guys are very familiar with the conditions.

You could throw in Lucas Matthews on that list. Won inaugural B & F by a street, 5th in Grogan in a side that got belted most weeks all done on no pre season training with the club whatsoever and travelling down the highway several times each week.

Results tipping Rnd 1 NEAFL Northern Conf.

maurie 5
stuyd 5
staminade 4
Lifes a Beach 3
Footfanatic1 3
chikka ferguson 3
Speedyunit 3
thunderdoc 3
pointer 3
Morphous 2
howard77 2
damochandler 2
BigE 2
Dr Nogood 1

Boys from Alice and Islands do not arrive in Darwin til late at night,way after training has finished for home games.Cam Illett hardly trains with team also as he works 3 hrs outside Darwin.Then if they miss the flights or get caught up fishing etc the coach has to ring around to find other players.I no for a fact Cam cannot ( due to work ) catch the fri arvo flight out of Darwin for the away games.He gets the midnight flight which arrives 7am Sat.Then he performs superbly a few hours later during the game.Should be playing AFL.
Tapp and 8 others who played on Sat didn't play club footy at all.Tapp had 2 training sessions under his belt before the Panthers game in Adel.
Hope you beat Broady this week as the club is running out of excuses.
Will Cannard be flown in this week to play 2s if not selected?

Boys from Alice and Islands do not arrive in Darwin til late at night,way after training has finished for home games.Cam Illett hardly trains with team also as he works 3 hrs outside Darwin.Then if they miss the flights or get caught up fishing etc the coach has to ring around to find other players.I no for a fact Cam cannot ( due to work ) catch the fri arvo flight out of Darwin for the away games.He gets the midnight flight which arrives 7am Sat.Then he performs superbly a few hours later during the game.Should be playing AFL.
Tapp and 8 others who played on Sat didn't play club footy at all.Tapp had 2 training sessions under his belt before the Panthers game in Adel.
Hope you beat Broady this week as the club is running out of excuses.
Will Cannard be flown in this week to play 2s if not selected?

Just quoting what McLeod told me about this game. Don't need to know what they have for breakfast for the rest of the year.

The Broady match on the weekend will no doubt be a litmus test for the Club. Let's hope conditions are conducive to a top contest.

I haven't seen the Club throwing around "excuses" staminade. From what I can see, they're under no illusions that whilst they are improving, so is the competition. I imagine their goals on introduction were to be competitive then to play finals. I have no doubt they achieved the first last year. Finals footy in this comp is another big step up again. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back