NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunder beat the Suns late.

The Suns led until late in the last but either ran out of legs or hadn't trained at waterpolo. it started raining about 30 secs into the second half and it just rocketed down.

Suns players also looked to be struggling with the bigger bodies inside towards the end.

Noticed the Suns had 2 Morningside players listed in their best.I thought Gc could only use players from their list,no top up players allowed and hence are allowed to play full quoto of 23 from afl list.Has this rule been changed?

Noticed the Suns had 2 Morningside players listed in their best.I thought Gc could only use players from their list,no top up players allowed and hence are allowed to play full quoto of 23 from afl list.Has this rule been changed?
noticde Jackson Allen got in the Suns best,must be pretty tough to get in Mside seniors at the moment.

Suns had only 21 listed available due to injury/player management. My understanding is that they would use the Gold Coast Academy players, so not too sure why Morningside players were used. Maybe because the Lions using Western Magpies players, the Suns can draw on all academy players for their top ups.

Not so sure I agree with the liberties extended to GC with their ability to get top up players from Clubs of their competitors...

They already have the luxury of picking a squad from their full list of 53..letting them pick up kids like Allen who is a class young player...seems unreasonable to the other competing Clubs...that they just keep getting depth that other clubs cant access. It is a competition after all.

Southport V Labrador next week. Even with significant injuries on Labrador list, Southport face a real prospect of being 0-3!

Suns had only 21 listed available due to injury/player management. My understanding is that they would use the Gold Coast Academy players, so not too sure why Morningside players were used. Maybe because the Lions using Western Magpies players, the Suns can draw on all academy players for their top ups.

Not sure what their topup rules are? But both allen and yagmoor were invited to train with the suns over the summer, so would certainly be easier for them to act as topups than others if they did train with them for a couple of months, so suns presumably asked for them specifically? Won't have that luxury once the state under 18's start playing TAC cup games in a few weeks as a lead up to their carnival games in June.

Wow...Redland over Morningside by almost 10 goals..sense the landscape has changed in the competition quite dramatically from last year.

I know its early, but who cant win the flag?

Anyone can beat anyone this year, just depends who is on their game on the day. Based on the opening 2 rounds all sides would believe that they can play finals.

The AFL cannot claim this.

Results tipping Rnd 2 NEAFL Northern Conf.

maurie 3 (8)
stuyd 3 (8)
Lifes a Beach 5 (8)
Footfanatic1 5 (8)
staminade 3 (7)
pointer 4 (7)
damochandler 4(7)
thunderdoc 3 (6)
Morphous 4 (6)
howard77 4 (6)
chikka ferguson 2 (5)
Speedyunit 3
BigE 2
Dr Nogood 1

What does everyone want to do with those that didn't put their tips in,howard77 you are now 2010premier is that right?

If every team believes they can play finals, which five teams will finish below Aspley this year !!. The Suns will only get better with each game and would have beaten NT in Darwin if it wasn't for the monsoonal rains. If Aspley lose this weekend they will be 0/3 you would have to be an extreme optimist to see them making the finals and haven't they got a lot of new injuries !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair call Salman. The Suns were very impressive prior to the rain on the weekend and will be extremely difficult to beat the more they play as a unit.

Heard young Nickerson has a serious leg injury and I wish him well and a speedy recovery. Certainly has been impressive and will be missed by the Hornets.

Aspley played well, just had no more fuel left when Broadbeach piled on the pressure in the last 6 or 7 minutes.Fulton will be back in the seniors this week I would think.

the thunder are going well, the problem they might run into is. can they win games away from home. but i think the vultures are going to give flag a good crack. i wonder how long fulton will put up with playing in the 2s at broadie. i didn't see the broadie aspley game. a game that got away from aspley by the looks of it

thunder have trouble winning away from darwin. even Alice Springs is a struggle.

maurie 3 (8)
stuyd 3 (8)
Lifes a Beach 5 (8)
Footfanatic1 5 (8)
staminade 3 (7)
pointer 4 (7)
damochandler 4(7)
thunderdoc 3 (6)
Morphous 4 (6)
howard77 4 (6)
chikka ferguson 2 (5)
Speedyunit 3
BigE 2
Dr Nogood 1

What does everyone want to do with those that didn't put their tips in,howard77 you are now 2010premier is that right?
No tips,you get awarded 2 points ONLY.

fair call Salman. The Suns were very impressive prior to the rain on the weekend and will be extremely difficult to beat the more they play as a unit.

Heard young Nickerson has a serious leg injury and I wish him well and a speedy recovery. Certainly has been impressive and will be missed by the Hornets.

Hartrig serious leg injury according to coaching staff.Aspley and Reece Toye great on the week end,should have got the 4 points
Redlands red hot on week end and deserved their 10 goal win.Phil Carse should be awarded 6 Grogan medal votes for this game.One of the best performances I have ever seen.Kicked 3 goals 4 and by my calculations had 40 plus possessions.Have him in the state team if I was a selector

maurie 3 (8)
stuyd 3 (8)
Lifes a Beach 5 (8)
Footfanatic1 5 (8)
staminade 3 (7)
pointer 4 (7)
damochandler 4(7)
thunderdoc 3 (6)
Morphous 4 (6)
howard77 4 (6)
chikka ferguson 2 (5)
Speedyunit 3
BigE 2
Dr Nogood 1

Correct.

I reckon give them the home teams with a penalty of 1. This week they get 3.

Hartrig serious leg injury according to coaching staff.Aspley and Reece Toye great on the week end,should have got the 4 points
Redlands red hot on week end and deserved their 10 goal win.Phil Carse should be awarded 6 Grogan medal votes for this game.One of the best performances I have ever seen.Kicked 3 goals 4 and by my calculations had 40 plus possessions.Have him in the state team if I was a selector

Didn't get the top votes in the guildford.But I agree he is a very good player.

I wonder how the clubs and players will treat the state game this year, foxtel cup, difficult draws and extended finals series, looks a long season...

I thought everyone would have seen the Suns selection of J Allen and Yagmoor situation earlier, it is strange but....:rolleyes: .Incidentally any danger of a Gold Coast player playing for the Gold Coast.

By the way is away teams OK for those miss who their tips or the two other suggestions are flat 2, or home teams, just need a couple of replys.

I wonder how the clubs and players will treat the state game this year, foxtel cup, difficult draws and extended finals series, looks a long season...

I thought everyone would have seen the Suns selection of J Allen and Yagmoor situation earlier, it is strange but....:rolleyes: .Incidentally any danger of a Gold Coast player playing for the Gold Coast.

By the way is away teams OK for those miss who their tips or the two other suggestions are flat 2, or home teams, just need a couple of replys.

The competition is so even this year . A tipper that forgets to enter their tips. could easily achieve 4 or 5 correct tips if you allocate away/home games. Thus I feel 2 tips only should be awarded.

Give them nil points.
Outrageous Carse didn't get 5 Guildford votes.Glad Holman got 3.He was super.
What is the rule for Suns.Thought they did not get any top up players.

I would have thought that AFLQ/NEAFL administrators read this forum. (if they don't they aren't doing their job properly!!)
Any chance of an article on the website or a post on here to clear up the suns top up situation, it seems a little bit confusing to most people on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back