NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharks played 8 senior players in the reserves against Mt Gravatt last week, were going to play Wise & O'Brien but both said they were "sore".They won the reserves gf easily last year but obviously don't rate any of that group because they won't play them.These reserve players are getting very restless but if a cleanout happens at the end of the year they will probably be gone anyway.Incidentally people have asked how can you drop your senior side back to the reserves during a bye?Isn't there any protection for the competition and the reserve players who can't transfer clubs if under contract.

Labrador need to get some continuity of playing personnel and sort their rotations out and they will be fine, I expect them to settle by the Nth Adelaide game moving into the last part of the season.

Cats have started very well and have certainly improved but football seasons are a marathon not a sprint and especially this year in the NEAFL there is an enormous amount of footy to be played, i expect as many surprises to come as we have had already.

Wise and O'Brien in trouble for rest of season if they pulled up sore from Lions game.How long is Daniel out for with his hammy from same game

My tips ( 1 from 8 in past 2 weeks)

Lions over GC
Mt Gravatt over Labrador
Redlands over Broadie
Southport over Thunder
Morningside over Aspley

Thats good form!

Panthers in a major upset.
Vultures
Lions
Nt
Redlands.Francis head on chopping block from all reports if they do not win

Just reading the teams on NEAFL site.Gc and Sharks both have M Fowler named on bench.Is this the same player registered with Southport this year?

Morningside 1.7 Aspley 2.05 -8.5
Redland 1.85 Broadbeach 1.85 0
Gold Coast 2 Brisbane 1.75 -6.5
Mt Gravatt 1.26 Labrador 3.8 -24.5
Southport 4 NT 1.21 -34.5

quote]

Love an all up:

Aspley - Broadbeach - Mt Gravatt - Northern Territory
2.05 - 1.85 - 1.26 - 1.21 ....looks like a good bet

Suns over Lions in a much closer game than the seniors at the Gabba
Mt Gravatt fairly comfortably by 5-6 goals over a understrength Labrador
Cats over Redlands in a high scoring coin flip
Aspley to upset an out of sorts Morningside
NT to put Southport to the sword by 10 goals

are there any coaches out there that could step in? who would be the most qualified assistant coach in the brisbane area that could do it?

His job safe for now as Redlands up by ten goals mid way thru 3rd qtr.Paul Grentell metioned.Hooper in 2s
Suns smashed Bris.X Clarke did hammy 1st min,another top recruit from Voss.
Sharks looking down the barrel towards another loss in 3rd qtr.Payne keeping them in it.Terrible conversion rate by NT atm

Suns reserves looked pretty good yesterday and will be a contender if they continue to have a pretty healthy list. Magin energetic, and I think Tom Nicholls a chance to go up next week with the injury to Gorringe.

Redland showed yesterday what most people have thought all along, that they will be a big improver this year. Broadbeach were fumbly and lacked intensity early coming off the bye, but Redland very impressive with some of their quick ball movement. They play that ground well and seem to kick goals from everywhere.

Lab got closer to Mt Gravatt than I thought they would and Southport must have improved a heap to get close to NT, although I notice NT kicked 20 behinds and should have won by more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rnd 6 results

maurie *1 (19)
staminade 3 (19)
2010premier 4 (19)
Footfanatic1 3 (17)
stuyd 3 (17)
pointer 4 (17)
BigE 4 (17)
chikka ferguson 3 (16)
Lifes a Beach 3 (16)
Morphous 3 (15)
damochandler *1 (15)
Speedyunit 1 (13)
thunderdoc 2 (12)

Maurie & Damochandler 1 for not putting their tips in, maurie you must have spent too much time reminiscing in the after glow of your athens AFL days.

Morningside 1.7 Aspley 2.05 -8.5
Redland 1.85 Broadbeach 1.85 0
Gold Coast 2 Brisbane 1.75 -6.5
Mt Gravatt 1.26 Labrador 3.8 -24.5
Southport 4 NT 1.21 -34.5

quote]

Love an all up:

Aspley - Broadbeach - Mt Gravatt - Northern Territory
2.05 - 1.85 - 1.26 - 1.21 ....looks like a good bet

Heya Beachy..glad you got the line....thought i had submitted my tips. Actually had tipped 4...shhessssh

My post re the all up should at least give me 3.....dont you think???

Will be in Alice Springs sat for the top of table clash Nt and Vultures.Cannot wait to see Mcleod in action once again.
Word spreading around like fire at Southport sat that if Thunder finish top and 1st to qualify for Gf then the game will be played in Darwin.

Will be in Alice Springs sat for the top of table clash Nt and Vultures.Cannot wait to see Mcleod in action once again.
Word spreading around like fire at Southport sat that if Thunder finish top and 1st to qualify for Gf then the game will be played in Darwin.
i hope not wouldnt be real good for QLD footy.... mtgravatt are a big chance this week i reckon.

His job safe for now as Redlands up by ten goals mid way thru 3rd qtr.Paul Grentell metioned.Hooper in 2s
Suns smashed Bris.X Clarke did hammy 1st min,another top recruit from Voss.
Sharks looking down the barrel towards another loss in 3rd qtr.Payne keeping them in it.Terrible conversion rate by NT atm

does anyone know why hooper played 2nds?

Would like to see the GF played in Darwin should they earn the right. Game wouls pull 10k and make news nationally. Alternative is 3k at Coorparoo and no one really cares outside Qafl fraternity.

Would like to see the GF played in Darwin should they earn the right. Game wouls pull 10k and make news nationally. Alternative is 3k at Coorparoo and no one really cares outside Qafl fraternity.

Way too much of an advantage for Thunder. If this was done, it would only prove that the Thunder are the love child of the AFL. The Grand Final needs to be held at a mutual ground and in my opinion should be played at Coorparoo every year. I understand that this would be a disadvantage for NT but it's not to as big of a scale.

i hope not wouldnt be real good for QLD footy.... mtgravatt are a big chance this week i reckon.

No chance. Watched them play a few times this year and they're good but NT are a few levels above them. The talk about Mt Gravatt at the moment is laughable- they beat the Suns who played their first ever game together and would then go on to beat the Vultures, an underdone Southport, Queanbeyan who let's be honest aren't much of a challenge and an injury plagued Labrador. They're in the mix with every other club in my opinion. No one apart from the Thunder has emerged yet.

Sydney 1.5 Gold Coast 2.5 -16.5
Morningside 2.05 Southport 1.7 -9.5
Labrador 1.6 Broadbeach 2.3 -13.5
Aspley 2.3 Redland 1.6 -13.5
Brisbane 1.21 GWS 3.5 -31.5
NT 1.26 Mt Gravatt 3.2 -27.5

Sydney 1.5 Gold Coast 2.5 -16.5
Morningside 2.05 Southport 1.7 -9.5
Labrador 1.6 Broadbeach 2.3 -13.5
Aspley 2.3 Redland 1.6 -13.5
Brisbane 1.21 GWS 3.5 -31.5
NT 1.26 Mt Gravatt 3.2 -27.5

What I like for betting:

Gold Coast +16.5 @ 1.90, 100 on
Labrador -13.5 @ 1.90, 70 on
Redland -13.5 @ 1.90, 250 on
Brisbane into NT head to head @ 1.54, 600 on

And my tips:

Sydney
Southport
Labrador
Redland
Brisbane
NT

Sorry mate, you said it looks like a good bet, nothing concrete but for everyone going forward it must come in a format that defines them as tips.

I am not running the tipping comp but I reckon split the difference, give him 2.

On the subject of betting, what odds would it have been at the start of the season for the Round 7 match between Morningside and Southport being a bottom of the table clash? 100-1 I reckon.

Would be a dumb move I reckon. Its a Qld comp and deserves to have the GF played in Qld. Its a bit like the AFL saying that they will take the GF to WA if the Eagles finished on top. Not sure it would generate any more national interest than playing it at Coorparoo - why would it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back