NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought Suns for the spoon but now they can play 23 listed players (and on a list of 52 they will probably have 23 available most weeks). Depending on injuries I think probably finalists or just out of the five at worst.

Even the Lions ressies can pick 19 listed and play 15 (the 15th as a sub) in the second half. The problem for the Lions is that with no Fev and Proud and X Clarke having a reco, once they get a few injured they will not have 19 to pick. The Maggies alliance will help and the top ups can be older which will also help them.

To be honest 19 listed is a pretty big number and I reckon they will finish towards the bottom if not with the spoon. Therefore in 2012 all restrictions may well be lifted.

I am not convinced on Aspley, although I see Damo is confident. I don't see where they will improve. They have lost a couple and gained a couple which generally means unless their list has been young they will probably be about the same as last year. Trouble is, everyone else will be better, hence 9th or 10th with the Lions is my prediction.

you must think, i believe they are certainties to play finals. i don't think they are certainties to play finals. yes they lost a couple, but that happens to every club. they added positional players needed to add to a squad that have been together a year and that strong finish to the year . they won't finish last

Does anyone know who Aspley have actually recruited? I keep hearing 'a few vic country boys' but no names. Are any of them any good?

Medal - Proud, Carse, C.Illett, Payne all likely to be right up there.
Minor Premiers - Redland
Premiers - Redland
Runners Up - Mt Gravatt
Goal kicking - Jason Eagle or Cleve Hughes
Best recruit - Albert Proud, Brad Howard, Adam Spackman
Wooden spooners - Lions
Biggest Improvers - Broadbeach

Medal - johnstone, shir,
Minor premiers - panthers, sharks or redland
Premiers - as above and aspley :)
Runners up - sharks
Goal kicking - eagle, ewing, hughes
Best recruit - M Buchanan, Johnstone
Wooden spoon - lions or gcs
Biggest improvers - broady & aspley

Does anyone know who Aspley have actually recruited? I keep hearing 'a few vic country boys' but no names. Are any of them any good?

Minor Premiers - Redland
Premiers - Redland
Runners Up - Mt Gravatt
Wooden spooners - Lions

I like your style.

Medal - Proud, Carse, J.Illett
Minor Premiers - Redland
Premiers - Redland
Runners Up - Southport
Goal kicking - Cleve Hughes
Best recruit - Andrew Mcleod
Wooden spooners - Suns
Biggest Improvers - Redland

I like your style.

Medal - Proud, Carse, J.Illett
Minor Premiers - Redland
Premiers - Redland
Runners Up - Southport
Best recruit - Andrew Mcleod
Wooden spooners - Suns

my thoughts
medal-rory walton
minor premiers -southport
premiers broadbeach
runners -up - redlands
goal kicking - jason eagle
best recruit - rory walton
wooden spooners aspley
biggest improvers -broadbeach

Medal - Ash Evans/Danny Wise
Minor Premiers - Southport
Premiers - Mt Gravatt
Runners Up - Southport
Goal kicking - Jason Eagle
Best recruit - Josh Pullman (Redland)
Wooden spooners - GC Suns

Rory Walton? He's oversea's for half the year isn't he?

Walton arrives after round 4 and will be one of the top 5-6 players in the comp.

The fact that there is solid debate over where teams will finish means that it is a very good comp this year. Even the AFL seems easier to predict the top and bottom teams.

My revised ladder prediction:

Southport
Morningside
Mt Gravatt
Redland
Labrador
Broadbeach
Suns
Thunder
Aspley
Lions

It is actually pretty hard to do. All 10 sides could play finals depending on injury and luck. Only the top 3 seem certain to play finals.

The team I tipped for the spoon at full strength has in the past been 10-15 goals better than anyone. The Thunder picked up Roe and McLeod and I can't find a spot higher than 8th for them.

The Suns play 23 listed and Broadie have recruited plenty, and I can't find a top 5 spot for them. People on this forum are confident about Aspley to the point of wanting to put $$$$ on them, they probably know something but I still only have them 9th.

Should we do a tipping comp for the season?

Walton arrives after round 4 and will be one of the top 5-6 players in the comp.

The fact that there is solid debate over where teams will finish means that it is a very good comp this year. Even the AFL seems easier to predict the top and bottom teams.

Southport
Morningside
Mt Gravatt
Redland
Labrador
Broadbeach
Suns
Thunder
Aspley
Lions

It is actually pretty hard to do. All 10 sides could play finals depending on injury and luck. Only the top 3 seem certain to play finals.

The team I tipped for the spoon at full strength has in the past been 10-15 goals better than anyone. The Thunder picked up Roe and McLeod and I can't find a spot higher than 8th for them.

The Suns play 23 listed and Broadie have recruited plenty, and I can't find a top 5 spot for them. People on this forum are confident about Aspley to the point of wanting to put $$$$ on them, they probably know something but I still only have them 9th.

you can throw a blanket across the field this year. it's going to be a close season. the lions have restrictions only on games against the qafl teams this year and lesser restrictions against the suns, gws or the sydney ressies.

If Thunder finish 8th their wheels will have to fall off in Darwin. Have only lost one game in Darwin in 2 years and that was to Morningside. Can't play any worse in Brisbane and Alice Springs than they have in the past 2 seasons so they may actually win more games.

Have some very talented youngsters that will surprise everyone and a couple of experienced locals to come back.

I agree that it will be hard to predict where everyone finishes and no doubt injuries, players commitment and a few other factors will have a huge impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southport
Morningside
Mt Gravatt
Redland
Labrador
Broadbeach
Suns
Thunder
Aspley
Lions

confident they wont be wooden spooners as many are prediciting

Aspley wont finish last or even in the bottom 3. The top 7 teams of last year won't change. Any of them could play finals.

Who is going to kick all their goals Damo?Cannot rely on midfield again as Sheehan will be heavily tagged.Defence a huge worry with lost of Tigh at CHB and Evans not back to 2nd half of season

Who is going to kick all their goals Damo?Cannot rely on midfield again as Sheehan will be heavily tagged.Defence a huge worry with lost of Tigh at CHB and Evans not back to 2nd half of season

i don't think the loss of tighe is that significant. i am sure they have recruited a forward or 2 or more. i don't know to kick goals. the defence seemed to be alright at the end of last season.

So have a go at predicting a ladder.....

what's the point?

i have put my predictions in and my predictions are never right. 1 through 7 of last year won't change. it's just where they finish that will probably change

my question is. why do you have broadbeach 2 places ahead of a team that won 10 games last year and played finals

what's the point?

i have put my predictions in and my predictions are never right. 1 through 7 of last year won't change. it's just where they finish that will probably change

my question is. why do you have broadbeach 2 places ahead of a team that won 10 games last year and played finals

NT travel poorly, and have the GWS to play twice (who should be too good for our comp, as the GC won 6 games in stronger VFL last year and GWS should be similar standard this year).

The loss of Goodes and Skinner hurts, and I think they play 1 more game in the Alice this year where their record isn't as good.

Broady have a number of good recruits, some talented youngsters are maturing and will be big improvers., and IMO may challenge for top 5.

Having said all that I am sure I will be proven wrong somewhere as the season pans out.

NT travel poorly, and have the GWS to play twice (who should be too good for our comp, as the GC won 6 games in stronger VFL last year and GWS should be similar standard this year).

The loss of Goodes and Skinner hurts, and I think they play 1 more game in the Alice this year where their record isn't as good.

Broady have a number of good recruits, some talented youngsters are maturing and will be big improvers., and IMO may challenge for top 5.

Having said all that I am sure I will be proven wrong somewhere as the season pans out.

Only a trial but Eastlake beat GWS last week end.
Any reason Sharks dont travel to NT this year?

Minor Premiers - Redland
Premiers - Redland
Runners Up - Mt Gravatt
Wooden spooners - Lions

M Buchanan the best of them ( Amons brother ).

Medal - C.Illett
Minor Premiers - Redland
Premiers - Southport
Runners Up - Mt Gravatt
Best recruit - Albert Proud
Wooden spooners - Lions

Southport
Morningside
Mt Gravatt
Redland
Labrador
Broadbeach
Suns
Thunder
Aspley
Lions

I'll have a go at this just for fun.

Southport
Labrador
Mt Gravatt
Morningside
Thunder
Redland
Broadbeach
Suns
Aspley
Lions

that is very difficult. I could've sat there all day changing them around. Even hareder when you don't really know how some recruits will go. They all look good on paper but only some of them will actually perform to their hype......

Good year coming, i wish it would hurry up!

I'll have a go at this just for fun.

Southport
Labrador
Mt Gravatt
Morningside
Thunder
Redland
Broadbeach
Suns
Aspley
Lions

that is very difficult. I could've sat there all day changing them around. Even hareder when you don't really know how some recruits will go. They all look good on paper but only some of them will actually perform to their hype......

Good year coming, i wish it would hurry up!

Agree with this. Our predictions are fairly similar.

I wonder what odds for the Lions to go wooden spoon in both the AFL and the NEAFL. Pretty good chance I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back