NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bc I follow footy Damo (a web site tells you what their performance has been like believe it or not!) - don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out money is not well spent at Aspley. Its not about a club spending it (plenty do in this comp and spend it well), its more the fact that Aspley spend it badly!! Results show this and it has been a common denominator with this club for a number of years. When you are paying a football manager $70K thats just stupid!! Show me your proof otherwise??

maybe you should go watch them play instead of reading the internet. do you have proof he is on $70k a year

southport. lose and crisis meetings will begin after the game
morningside
vultures
broadbeach
aspley

correct

And my two cents even though the crowd was a bit down at Aspley last week, it was still not that bad.

Aspley are a pretty competitive side this year, and whilst they probably underperformed with the talent they recruited last year, lets be fair. It is a massive jump from PHC to an ever improving NEAFL/QAFL good on Aspley for going up and being competitive I reckon. Of course they will get better at spending money wisely in the years to come.

They are not the only side to spend a bit of cash, and I believe that the likes of Redland and Southport have probably not done as well as they could have in the last couple of years as well.

I think the footy show is not to bad, but definately would like to see more in depth discussion on the previous weeks games and those that are up coming. Lions & Suns will get enough coverage on the main channels.

why? Are the scores wrong on the internet? And no I don't have a payslip but maybe you should ask around...

why you ask. instead of bagging a team because you only seen what the scores have been for the last team. go and watch them play and see for yourself how they are playing. instead of just believing what you read

yeah well maybe you should check that before you say what there income is on a footy forum. because you will look mighty stupid if it isn't true

maybe you should go watch them play instead of reading the internet. do you have proof he is on $70k a year
the CDMs are all on around that mark plus car etc which is a pretty stock standard wage, perko works very hard and when you recruit some work and some dont it has taken redland 10 years i reckon to get the right mix. i agree that it is pointless recruiting players you already have out of vic country leagues and with Aspleys budget you are better off getting 4 ex afl or sanf/wafl players. if they continue to chop and change there off feild structure they will fall behind stability is the key and a controlled progression.

What sort of write up on the upcoming weekends games is that???? Tacked onto the back of a story regarding Fults coming back into the seniors (which was always inevitable anyway). Interesting to note th Southport vs Labrador game gets a comment about Todd Grayson being named in an injury ravaged side....wtf he has played every game this season. I reckon the NEAFL footy show could do with a lot more local content. We can all go onto the Lions or Suns websites if we want to watch the Lions/Suns TV. Here's hoping these are just teething problems with what has been a large task.

A friend of mine informed me last night they were looking at twitter and noticed the NEAFL boss, Richard Griffiths, follows the NEAFL, AFL, most AFL clubs and just 2 x NEAFL clubs.....any guesses who the 2 clubs are???? I would of thought a position of power such as Richards would have called for equality and non-bias. Historically there have been clear examples of Administrative bias in the past, let's hope the creation of the NEAFL dawns a new era as the scrutiny increases.

the CDMs are all on around that mark plus car etc which is a pretty stock standard wage, perko works very hard and when you recruit some work and some dont it has taken redland 10 years i reckon to get the right mix. i agree that it is pointless recruiting players you already have out of vic country leagues and with Aspleys budget you are better off getting 4 ex afl or sanf/wafl players. if they continue to chop and change there off feild structure they will fall behind stability is the key and a controlled progression.

Pretty well summed it up Speedy - and there is someone who agrees with the $$ pd Damo - mate, you are trying to tell me that I needed to watch the Suns get flogged by Carlton the other night, all 120min of it, before making the assessment that they must have played poorly - naive in the extreme.
Aspley haven't been playing the top grade for a long time but with the facilities and their catchment area (can include the sunshine coast in this) I would have thought they should have done alot better than they have.

And at PHC level they didn't fair a great deal better apart from the era when they managed to convince some of the better guys from the dysfunctional Nth Brisbane side to play for a couple of years. Bottom line is they are very fortunate there are alot of ppl that like sitting around jingle jangle machines IMO. Clubs like Morningside rely on a bit more than this it appears.

NT impressive today and will be a top 3 side IMO. A competitive match until half way through the third and then the NT were damaging once they broke the game open.

Suns won their first game with a good come from behind win against Aspley. Aspley's poor discipline/arguing with umpires etc did not help their cause, as they were the better side for long periods today.

Southport got up today and so did Mt G, Morn in crossover games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NT impressive today and will be a top 3 side IMO. A competitive match until half way through the third and then the NT were damaging once they broke the game open.

Suns won their first game with a good come from behind win against Aspley. Aspley's poor discipline/arguing with umpires etc did not help their cause, as they were the better side for long periods today.

Southport got up today and so did Mt G, Morn in crossover games.

going back to old habits of early last season

The PDM's are employed by AFLQ and then distributed to the clubs, and are paid by AFLQ.

Hope that clarifies the 70k issue.

Correct except for Aspley Goldcoast. They are the only club whose PDM is not employed and fully funded by aflq. They have to cough up themselves for the privilege.

Interesting how the Aspley bashers, captained by SMY and Staminade, ignore that facts that don't suit their argument. I've read the match reports that go with the scores. They tell the full story.

Good to see common sense from Premiers2010. It's a long season in an improved competition that will hold many surprises before the year is out. The only thing that is predictable at this point is the unpredictability.

Correct except for Aspley Goldcoast. They are the only club whose PDM is not employed and fully funded by aflq. They have to cough up themselves for the privilege.

Interesting how the Aspley bashers, captained by SMY and Staminade, ignore that facts that don't suit their argument. I've read the match reports that go with the scores. They tell the full story.

Good to see common sense from Premiers2010. It's a long season in an improved competition that will hold many surprises before the year is out. The only thing that is predictable at this point is the unpredictability.

Each to their own Dogmatic I spose - its an observation from admittedly afar but i'd be interested for you to tell me "the facts" over the past decade and explain how a club with the largest junior numbers in Queensland (probably Australia) can have the relative lack of success they have had particuarly when $$ hasn't been a massive issue. I know the clubhouse development probably drained a bit.
Don't get me wrong, think Redlands is a similar case in some respects. What is different about Southport that is so different to either of these 2 clubs for instance?

i did take a bet. a little behind the eight ball atm, but long season

Will be a longer season if you keep 1/2 and 3/4 time leads slip.
Was at broady for both games Sat and it appeared hardly of any 2s players from Aspley showed up to support the Seniors.Good culture for the footy club.So many supporters on this forum and I can guarantee they were not their either.

So it looks like Northern conference is going to be a lot stronger than the eastern conference?

Were the cross conference games as one sided as the scores suggest?

Disagree Shirl.I was at both games and Grange had more spectators..

if so probably more a reflection of fickle coast supporters who wont travel to brisbane to follow their sides. Also 1st game and closeness of suburbs helped, no love lost between Grange and Sandgate. Saw Broadbeach vs Thunder and crowd there a bit ordinary for top of table clash.

So it looks like Northern conference is going to be a lot stronger than the eastern conference?

Were the cross conference games as one sided as the scores suggest?

Was at the Morningside-Eastlake game. Was a lot closer than the scores suggest. Both sides threw themselves into it. Panthers did not score a goal until well into the second quarter. Lead changed several times during second and third quarters. Anyone's game at three-quarter time when M'side were up by 3 pts. Eastlake made a great game of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back