NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder winning away games in QLD then defeating Redlands in Alice for the 1st time.Lots of boxes ticked early on this season.Home finals on the cards.

he can be stopped. last year proved that. he might give it a good shake cam illet was anzac day medalist

That was last year.Southport won 1st 9 games last year as well.Crisis meetings at Aspley and Southport?
Bris will be very hard to beat if they do not receive to many injuries.Suns in same boat.
Saw Labrador at their best and worst.Kicked 7 goals in 1st qtr then 2 for the rest of the match.Miss Notting obviously.

Yeah , what's going on with Southport are they really that bad, have they ever been this low on the ladder?

That was last year.Southport won 1st 9 games last year as well.Crisis meetings at Aspley and Southport?
Bris will be very hard to beat if they do not receive to many injuries.Suns in same boat.
Saw Labrador at their best and worst.Kicked 7 goals in 1st qtr then 2 for the rest of the match.Miss Notting obviously.

actually southport didn't win their first 9 games last year.

wow...broadbeach over morningside by around 12 goals....sense a changing of the guard in this comp.....NT, MT Gravatt, Broadbeach, Redland....great for footy!

Imagine how difficult it must be for Lions and now Suns players transferring from this comp to playing AFL footy the following week if promoted? Obviously a massive jump in standard if you use Hooper as an example of a bloke who seems to be miles too good for this comp but miles off the pace at AFL level. Have always felt that the Lions and Swannies are majorly disadvantaged in some respects bc of this situation.

Hooper wasnt miles off the pace at AFL - he spent most of last year injured. Thought i heard it was his decision to quit AFL to return to Queensland.

Imagine how difficult it must be for Lions and now Suns players transferring from this comp to playing AFL footy the following week if promoted? Obviously a massive jump in standard if you use Hooper as an example of a bloke who seems to be miles too good for this comp but miles off the pace at AFL level. Have always felt that the Lions and Swannies are majorly disadvantaged in some respects bc of this situation.
how can you say that the lions reserves are too good for this comp (if that is what you are saying) this week was their first win wasnt it? and didnt they finish 3rd bottom last year? we under estimate the level of this league sometimes.... hooper was great yesterday but it is a premature to say he is far too good for the league. similair too cleve hughes last year before players and coaches figured out ways to combat him....

Have to agree speedy..Hooper was good...but wasnt in the best 3. I understand that the BOG went to a 32 year old full forward champion who played at full back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree completely with this statement. Hooper did ok at AFL level and obviously is elite at NEAFL level, but I bet he does not get in the top 3 in the Grogan.

I think it is a big advantage for the the AFL clubs that have their own reserves teams. Geelong, Collingwood, Sydney and Brisbane are the clubs that have had own reserves for much of the past 10 years, and guess what- they happen to be the most successful clubs in that time.

Freo and WC want to put ressies into the WAFL, because at the moment the players are dispersed to the WAFL clubs, difficult for development. A lot of the aligned clubs in Vic have fractured relationships because the AFL club wants development and player management for their player, yet the VFL club wants to win at all costs- and this can and does cause conflict.

The Suns and Lions reserves can manage their players as they please and get a competitive match each week. I reckon they could ease the player restrictions on the Lions by the way, given the improvement in the NEAFL North Conference.

how can you say that the lions reserves are too good for this comp (if that is what you are saying) this week was their first win wasnt it? and didnt they finish 3rd bottom last year? we under estimate the level of this league sometimes.... hooper was great yesterday but it is a premature to say he is far too good for the league. similair too cleve hughes last year before players and coaches figured out ways to combat him....

Wasn't syaing this actually Speedy - that certain players are is undisputable I reckon though. Was responding (agreeing) to what Damo was saying re Hooper ie should be playing VFL.
Maurie - Hopper was miles off it - very average player in a weak Lions side.

My point is that these clubs have to be disadvantaged when it comes to deciding how good someone is going IMO. The NEAFL may be a better standard than what the old AFLQ Premier was which was probably better than what it was 10yrs ago but it is still miles off VFL, SANFL, WAFL footy.

Wasn't saying this actually Speedy - that certain players are is undisputable I reckon though. Was responding (agreeing) to what Damo was saying re Hooper ie should be playing VFL.
Maurie - Hooper was miles off it - very average player in a weak Lions side.

My point is that these clubs have to be disadvantaged when it comes to deciding how good someone is going IMO. The NEAFL may be a better standard than what the old AFLQ Premier was which was probably better than what it was 10yrs ago but it is still miles off VFL, SANFL, WAFL footy.

Redland missing Johnstone, Corrie and Carse againt NT hopefully they get them back this week. They desperately need a win against the Lions or it could be a long way back from 1-3.

Broady have no depth and with a couple of injuries will fall back to the field.Their reserves have lost last 2 by 80 plus.Stop Zorko and Eagle and they no good.Hooper swallowed a horse.

Must have been Black Caviar - kicked 4 goals including what I am told was goal of the year - and was in their best players!

how many other times hasn't it worked. didn't work that well in 2007 either

Get the impression Damo you are of the belief that selection in this side is based upon whether you have had AFL experience as distinct from being in half decent form or better than a "lesser known". Seems to be commonplace though unfortunately.

At the risk of beating the same drum, was Robbie worth the $ the Hornets paid in your opinion?

Get the impression Damo you are of the belief that selection in this side is based upon whether you have had AFL experience as distinct from being in half decent form or better than a "lesser known". Seems to be commonplace though unfortunately.

At the risk of beating the same drum, was Robbie worth the $ the Hornets paid in your opinion?

that should be 2008 not 2007. they beat tassie in 2007 and lost to the sandgropers in 2008

i don't know how they are paying him a game. so i can't say if he is worth what he is getting paid or not and i doubt you know how much is getting paid a game either

i thought he a good season last year and he has been good this year from all reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back