NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

AIS committments. Otherwise would have been playing in under 18 state selection trial game tomorrow anyway. With section games tomorrow and next sat there are a lot of 18 and a few 19 year olds not available for clubs for these two weekends, some of who have played seniors, and many others reserves, in the practice games.

Left at half time of Tigers v Cats. Labrador very impressive playing smart high % football. Coach very upbeat at half time speech, would expect them to have gone on with it holding their lead of about 4 goals. Cats with the wind 4th term though could keep the score respectable.

Jason Eagle is pathetic, disrespects both the crowd/opponents and did little gaining only a cheap goal. However with his reaction to the simple uncontested chestmark/goal from 20 in front he just completed something very special!! Arrogant and thinks he is god. gave away 2 50m penalties also.

Ezra Poyas was all class and seems a leader of the club off field also. Jay Neagle was average and looks a bit unfit, played more so in defence than key forward.

Thanks for the update bball. Always good to get the scores early rather than wait until they're posted on the NEAFL site.

Aspley got up by nearly 10 goals. Up by 8 at quarter time with good peformances across the park. Vultures got a few back in the third quarter when the Hornets seem to stop but the ran out of legs themselves.

Tigers won by 5pts, Sharks by almost 10 goals

Labrador Broadie game was a beauty. Labrador 30 odd points in front at final change and slowed almost to a walk. Broadbeach started to get some system going and hit the front with 2 minutes to go. Not to be denied, Labrador made a last minute break and found Notting in front of goal. Kicked truly after the siren to win the match for a jubilant Labrador crowd.
Great first up game - hope the rest of the season is as good. By the way Poyaz was an absolute standout for Broadie. Great skills and tenacity!

Labrador Broadie game was a beauty. Labrador 30 odd points in front at final change and slowed almost to a walk. Broadbeach started to get some system going and hit the front with 2 minutes to go. Not to be denied, Labrador made a last minute break and found Notting in front of goal. Kicked truly after the siren to win the match for a jubilant Labrador crowd.
Great first up game - hope the rest of the season is as good. By the way Poyaz was an absolute standout for Broadie. Great skills and tenacity!

Labrador were the much better side for 3 quarters. Numbers to the ball always, and wanted the ball much more then the Cats. The Cats just didnt gel and from the sideline it looked like they approached the game as a winner before hitting the track.
See Southport belted Redlands and Apsley the same over Mt.Gravatt.

Labrador were the much better side for 3 quarters. Numbers to the ball always, and wanted the ball much more then the Cats. The Cats just didnt gel and from the sideline it looked like they approached the game as a winner before hitting the track.
See Southport belted Redlands and Apsley the same over Mt.Gravatt.

Labrador recruit, Walker( no 38) played well.For the Cats, recruits Poyas and Eastwell were good.

From what I saw yesterday and going by stats Broadbeach will be sound. Only losing by 4 against a Labrador side playing to their peak for the first 3 qtrs.

Labrador will be fringe top 5 if they dont cop injuries. As usual they lack depth with their reserves getting pumped.

Going by stats, Sharks, Hornets, Thunder the bench mark teams (Suns to probably join them). Had a look at the footy record magazine/hornets team list yesterday, their list goes very deep. Also from what people have told me they would be my early tip to challenge NT.

From what I saw yesterday and going by stats Broadbeach will be sound. Only losing by 4 against a Labrador side playing to their peak for the first 3 qtrs.

Labrador will be fringe top 5 if they dont cop injuries. As usual they lack depth with their reserves getting pumped.

Going by stats, Sharks, Hornets, Thunder the bench mark teams (Suns to probably join them). Had a look at the footy record magazine/hornets team list yesterday, their list goes very deep. Also from what people have told me they would be my early tip to challenge NT.

Bballscout, Please share these stats with us,they will interest the Bigfooty followers. How do you know Labrador were at their peak (1st game??)? Fact to help you Bballscout: Broadbeach were closer to full strength than Labrador. Are your depth assesments based upon a cursory glance at the football record or do you have wider knowledge of the Football landscape across Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bballscout, Please share these stats with us,they will interest the Bigfooty followers. How do you know Labrador were at their peak (1st game??)? Fact to help you Bballscout: Broadbeach were closer to full strength than Labrador. Are your depth assesments based upon a cursory glance at the football record or do you have wider knowledge of the Football landscape across Australia.
Don't think you can include Aspley with Southport, NT and the Suns just yet. The Sharks are probably even a level to their own as well.

How do you know Beach if Broady were full strength as well?
My mail says they have 2-3 coming back in the twos and a couple more at least out for another 2-4 weeks. Labrador going well but clearly depth will pose a problem.

Don't think you can include Aspley with Southport, NT and the Suns just yet. The Sharks are probably even a level to their own as well.

How do you know Beach if Broady were full strength as well?
My mail says they have 2-3 coming back in the twos and a couple more at least out for another 2-4 weeks. Labrador going well but clearly depth will pose a problem.

Riodj,
correct. Broadbeach still have four recruits in Urie,Bilson,Snook and Rogers to get on the park .

Left at half time of Tigers v Cats. Labrador very impressive playing smart high % football. Coach very upbeat at half time speech, would expect them to have gone on with it holding their lead of about 4 goals. Cats with the wind 4th term though could keep the score respectable.

Jason Eagle is pathetic, disrespects both the crowd/opponents and did little gaining only a cheap goal. However with his reaction to the simple uncontested chestmark/goal from 20 in front he just completed something very special!! Arrogant and thinks he is god. gave away 2 50m penalties also.

Ezra Poyas was all class and seems a leader of the club off field also. Jay Neagle was average and looks a bit unfit, played more so in defence than key forward.

Bball scout ,
mate u are very wrong about your above comments in reference to Jason Eagle.Firstly he is there to kick around 50 goals plus, and present to the contest, which he does . Secondly, he is there to set up /create goals for his teamates, .. which he does.Thirdly, he is to be defensive to keep the ball in the attacking zone, .. which he does.
Every week he is a major target to be nullified by the opposing club in their game plan tactics.Makes it tough.
Off the field, he is very much respected by all involved at the club. He is one of the boys so to speak.
For you to say he is arrogant and thinks he is God, is incorrect.I mean , do you know the guy personally? For F... sake , think before you post comments like this.

Word around the ground at Labrador on Sat was Foxtel will not be showing Match of the round every Fri night.
Eastern conference streams a game every week.
What is happening with the Northern conference media coverage.
Broadbeach did very well to come from 8 goals down to hit front only for Labrador to go end to end in last minute to win the game.Top game to watch

Word around the ground at Labrador on Sat was Foxtel will not be showing Match of the round every Fri night.
Eastern conference streams a game every week.
What is happening with the Northern conference media coverage.
Broadbeach did very well to come from 8 goals down to hit front only for Labrador to go end to end in last minute to win the game.Top game to watch

What Northern Conference Media Coverage!!!!!!!!!!

It is an absoulute discrace, some one from the NEAFL should check out the Courier Mail today - there was some good coverage (be it brief) on the games on the weekend. I purchased the NEAFL Footy record (for the first and last time this season) what a joke!!!!! It took me all of 3 minutes to read it all - I was going to call the police as I felt as though I was robbed. There was just a couple of stories one in particular was meet the coaches (not all coaches where featured - go figure) for the princley sum of $3.00 for no news and hardly any thing near last years publication they should be ashamed to call it an AFL sanctioned publication.

Good promotion by the Eastern Conference is happening with some forward thinking of games in the Eastern conference being on live stream - TV/Internet - adds promoting the game and clubs in NSW & ACT.

Come on Mick or Funky put a rocket up some ones rectum and give us the supporters of your and more importantley our game up here in QLD what they deserve - Respect, news and value for money.

it's disgraceful the coverage and we have the biggest afl lover covering it this year and if it hasn't got an afl ring to it. we won't get any news for this conference. the footy record is just dreadful. i thought the last 2 seasons were terrible for the footy record. well i was wrong, nothing in it at all and i won't be purchasing it again

Round 1 Tipping Competition

Pointer 4
Lifes a Beach 4
Speedyunit 3
stuyd1 3
Billybunter 3
kid a 3
Big E 3
2010premier 3
bballscout 2
footyfanatic1 2
staminade 2
maurie 2
thunderdoc 2
elong 2
chikka ferguson 2
Luckyme12 1

Yes its only round 1, but Southports 10 goal win over Redland is impressive.Have very strong fire power in their forward line and had 3 of their top players out.. be it the gun Wise, big ruckman Weymouth and Suns discard in Crawford.After getting their game plan right under coach Dare in the second half of last season and the recruits gained in 2012, they look a big chance to be right up there.
Secondly, Aspley the same. Have a great playing list, plenty of quality and depth still . Like Broadbeach and The Thunder they lost a lot of players and have gained a lot.These 3 sides will only get better as the season goes.

it's disgraceful the coverage and we have the biggest afl lover covering it this year and if it hasn't got an afl ring to it. we won't get any news for this conference. the footy record is just dreadful. i thought the last 2 seasons were terrible for the footy record. well i was wrong, nothing in it at all and i won't be purchasing it again

Damochandler, you are spot on.I couldnt believe the footy record when I purchased it at Labrador on saturday.And its for 2 rounds.Not to mention, I paid my 5 bucks entry fee at the gate but they didnt have a footy record to purchase.... I had to go to the canteen to buy one.... unreal.
I understand Conlan has only just started his CEO position and needs time to grasp the entire situation before implementing plans to improve things, thus hope he recognises the supporters basic needs.

Was good to see the website provided a summary on each games played on the weekend ( written by a sports writer by the name of Peter Boulcher or similiar) Whilst good,( I dont want to discourage the guy,) but in his report on the Labrador vs Broadbeach match, he made the comment that Broadbeach played 3 new recruits and he named those recruits..... Fact is they played 10 new recruits. Sorry, but just another example of the state our conference headquarters personnel. For a league that has developed and raised in standard so much over the past 3 or 4 seasons, it now deserves the back up to be promoted accordingly.
At least the Courier Mail and Gold Coast Bulletin presented reports on the weekends results with small summarys on the games.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back