NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

He was at a wedding last weekend. Don't forget he just got married, has a career as a school teacher and isn't going to walk out on that at 29 years of age to play footy. He is playing at Vultures....has a niggling injury but been in the gym but is hoping to play round 1.

He did do exactly that a couple of years ago to take a job with the AFL?

The players hate Sunday games, knocks out their weekend pretty much. If they play sat then beers can be had sat night..

Sunday games tend to be well attended tho

that's true. i like sunday games. but of course i'm not a player and the payers do prefer saturday games

the reserves draw is still ridiculous

He did do exactly that a couple of years ago to take a job with the AFL?

Is Nathan still a co captain at Vultureland? Has anyone got any news on changes with leaders and leadership groups for each club in the NEAFL? if we waited for any news on the official NEAFL web site we would never get the Info!!!!!!!!

The Eastern Conference has their own TV commercial advertising their game.Northern Conference cannot even get info on the NEAFL Web site..

My tips are
Thunder to pump Panthers
Vultures in a close one over Aspley
Broadbeach in the wet on the coast
Southport just,may be a little to classy over Redlands

Thunder Big win overPanthers
Vultures Another big year (will shut the Doomsdayers up)
Broadbeach Looking Good over Tigers
Southport Comeback kids

Great its back...hate bloody cricket...but not as much as the NEAFL website.....any chance the brains trust can let us know whats going on!

Is Nathan still a co captain at Vultureland? Has anyone got any news on changes with leaders and leadership groups for each club in the NEAFL? if we waited for any news on the official NEAFL web site we would never get the Info!!!!!!!!

1 club down (Aspley - as per the NEAFL web site today) only 9 clubs to go - Gee two posts on the NEAFL web site today, NEAFL people must be reading the posts and host of complaints on big footy.

My Tips for this week: Shame about the rain.

NT to do a number on the Sidders

Hornets to sneak the points over Vultures

Cats to be the new benchmark over the Tigers - big win!

Sharks to down the Bombers - Will be closer than most would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't they play it at Aspley?

my guess would be because it is a Vultures home game they'll want to cause them as little inconvenience as possible, and at least Esplen oval is on the South side of the river.

tips:
NT v Morningside: Thunder should win up at Darwin even if the list is unrecognizable from last season, i saw the siders get absolutely belted on the launch weekend and reckon they'll be a mid table team this year.

Mt.Gravatt v Aspley: Hornets a comfortable but not large margin (around 3 goals)

Redland v Southport: Sharks by about the same as the Hornets.

Labrador v Broadbeach: Cats comfortably

Thunder Big win overPanthers
Vultures Another big year (will shut the Doomsdayers up)
Broadbeach Looking Good over Tigers
Southport Comeback kids

Great its back...hate bloody cricket...but not as much as the NEAFL website.....any chance the brains trust can let us know whats going on!

Gililand no longer co capt of the Vultures.Wasn't his choice.Plenty of players left for Aspley and Redlands.Punch up between players at last years presentation night,ground unsuitable to play on.And you still claim things are rosy at Mt Gravatt

Gililand no longer co capt of the Vultures.Wasn't his choice.Plenty of players left for Aspley and Redlands.Punch up between players at last years presentation night,ground unsuitable to play on.And you still claim things are rosy at Mt Gravatt
+ Pennycuick named on the half backflank got pumped against broady but still tried to belt blokes in the back of the head, didnt he get banned last year??

See the neafl website today has shown selected sides on a player to player match up on a football oval so to speak. good stuff. And comments on each clubs gains and losses. Great to see and lets give credit to that. Maybe, the new CEO in Mick Conlan, will deliver in all aspects.

NT over M'side by 10 goals. The young Panthers will be keen and enthusiastic which should mean they are competitive for most of the game. NT with too much class however.

Cats over Lab by 40 points- both teams to improve on last year but the Cats to have a couple too many quality players

Aspley by 15 over Mt Gravatt- tough one to pick here as neither had great pre-season form. Aspley look a touch stronger on paper but Mt Gravatt have less player turnover so their understanding of how each other plays is an advantage. Interesting game.

Southport by 30 points- both clubs had good pre-season form and Redland are much better placed than what I thought a couple of months ago. Southport look very strong and interesting as according to NEAFL site Thurlow in over Weymouth. If I was running a book on premier Southport would be my favourite so for this reason I will tip them.

By the way I like the matchup sheet that the guys have put the teamsheet on. The NEAFL site has been a disgrace for months but at least today there was something on there credit where due.

Terrific initiatives by the Eastern Conference administration- live streaming of match of the day and the footy talk show to go with their TV ad. Well done on all 3 counts. If any one of those guys sitting in that big office block at Yeronga reads this please have a look at what they are doing down there and at least match it or even go one better. These things obviously cost $$$$ but I reckon money well spent to market the game in QLD.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back