NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazed at Dogmatic's comments Chicka as most poeple know who he is. It's how most are treated at the club by the sounds of it. They aparently had a 20 year re-union on Sat and nothing was organised. There coach of that year only got notified on Thursday, only about six turned up as alot had not been contacted. I hope they and others:D get cleared, it's not about money all the time. Good on the Panthers.
Sorry you feel that way BD. Originally signed up on the site to try to give the discussion some balance and put the Aspley version of events where appropriate. Unfortunately it seems that some don't want to hear it. No club is perfect and the Hornets certainly don't pretend to be that. They have come a long way in the last three and a half years though and will be a force at all levels very soon.

There was nothing tongue in cheek about thanking the Mark and Shaun for their efforts at the club. They have been big contributors in recent years.

My post was also not having a go at the Panthers. As I've said in previous posts longstanding, proud and successful clubs are critical to our game. They are a benchmark in this respect and my comment was out of concern based on third hand information that was onbviously incorrect.

You suggest that my participation is inappropriate. Perhaps a sign that I should bow out of conversation.

Re Panthers current numbers, having 9 players from the senior list involved in the state 18's program for another 5 or 6 weeks wouldnt be helping with current reserves numbers, esp if the club also have a few injuries. I guess have to balance short term pain up against hopefully long term benefit for the club overall if they can keep all those boys over next few years.

Whoa Chikka ... steady on. Not having a go by any means here. Was simply making conversation based on what is always footy gossip and therefore unreliable. I didn;t say they were facts. My question about numbers was out of genuine concern. This is a discussion page isn't it?

As for giving kids a go, have a look at our palying lists. I don't think the latest barrages are warranted in that respect. I can't say why these two didn't make the cut. That's down to the coach. I'm not even sure of both were actually involved in the NEAFL pre-season squad??

how many mside juniors are in their best 23?

Round 10

Broadbeach v Brisbane Lions
2-Jun
1.30pm
H & A Oval
NT Thunder v Mt Gravatt
2-Jun
7.00pm
TIO - Darwin
Southport v Labrador
2-Jun
1.30pm
Fankhauser Reserve
Aspley v Redland
2-Jun
1.30pm
Graham Rd.
Sydney Swans v Gold Coast Suns
3-Jun
11.45am
SCG

Be interesting if coach Evans is true to his word in dropping big names for this week as per quotes from last games match review...

What big names have they to drop (Copeland and Payne - and their footy has been good quality from what I have seen) and they have no one in the seconds setting the world on fire. Their list isn't as good as they thought it was !

Keeping giving the local kids a go !

tips

NT
Lions
Swans
Southport
Aspley

What big names have they to drop (Copeland and Payne - and their footy has been good quality from what I have seen) and they have no one in the seconds setting the world on fire. Their list isn't as good as they thought it was !

Keeping giving the local kids a go !

tips

NT
Lions
Swans
Southport
Aspley

You mustn't rate Redlands list as per your above post about Aspley.Copeland played Forward last 2 games after kicking 6 against Bris.Controls the team and game from CHB.

You mustn't rate Redlands list as per your above post about Aspley.Copeland played Forward last 2 games after kicking 6 against Bris.Controls the team and game from CHB.

Chikka

Its a long drive for the Bombers and Aspley have the home ground advantage, I predict Aspley will have some positional changes and they do possess some very good footballers on their day.

You should also take notice of where I finish in the tipping comp, so my tip for Aspley probably means Redlands are a certainty !

Be interesting if coach Evans is true to his word in dropping big names for this week as per quotes from last games match review...

The coach might want them dropped but the football committee will over rule the coachs decision.Hence the problem with the club.Will Perkins get the sack if they miss finals?

Round 10

2-Jun
1.30pm
H & A Oval
NT Thunder v Mt Gravatt
2-Jun
7.00pm
TIO - Darwin
Southport v Labrador
2-Jun
1.30pm
Fankhauser Reserve
Aspley v Redland
2-Jun
1.30pm
Graham Rd.
3-Jun
11.45am
SCG

Broadbeach.Need to make a stance against a top team.Weather should make it a very close game.
Thunder in a %age booster.Has Proud been released?
Southport.Maybe to big and strong with the wet weather due.Looking fwd to see how Labrador go about this game after all the talk about state selections and non selections.
Swans as they are at home.
Aspley as I tossed the coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shame about the weather top of the table clash will be a ripper with the Tigers looking to come out from under the radar
tips for the week
Lions
Thunder
Tigers
Aspley
Swans

The coach might want them dropped but the football committee will over rule the coachs decision.Hence the problem with the club.Will Perkins get the sack if they miss finals?

Well the team is in, and..... no big recruits or names dropped. Conway State 18's, State 21 player Colch injured. And the 3 omissions all locals. Maybe they hoped the bye may of made everyone forget the big statement from a few weeks ago!

Well the team is in, and..... no big recruits or names dropped. Conway State 18's, State 21 player Colch injured. And the 3 omissions all locals. Maybe they hoped the bye may of made everyone forget the big statement from a few weeks ago!

You seem to be an expert on aspleys side:rolleyes:. who do you think should've been dropped

You seem to be an expert on aspleys side:rolleyes:. who do you think should've been dropped

No expert, just after their last loss the coach was saying they had big name players not performing and he would make changes.
“Today was one of the most disgusting efforts I’ve seen from so-called good players in a long time.
“We’re definitely not working hard enough and we only run one way to get the ball.
“People are sooking if they don’t get their own way and there’s way too much bickering going on.
“Well it’s time to crack down. Now it’s time to go back to what I like and what I know best. We must play players who I know will hold an opponent.
“There will be some big changes this week and there will be some big names who go.”
His words not mine. This is more whatI was alluding to.

No expert, just after their last loss the coach was saying they had big name players not performing and he would make changes.
“Today was one of the most disgusting efforts I’ve seen from so-called good players in a long time.
“We’re definitely not working hard enough and we only run one way to get the ball.
“People are sooking if they don’t get their own way and there’s way too much bickering going on.
“Well it’s time to crack down. Now it’s time to go back to what I like and what I know best. We must play players who I know will hold an opponent.
“There will be some big changes this week and there will be some big names who go.”
His words not mine. This is more whatI was alluding to.

so you got no idea about the team . not surprising

Broadbeach.Need to make a stance against a top team.Weather should make it a very close game.
Thunder in a %age booster.Has Proud been released?
Southport.Maybe to big and strong with the wet weather due.Looking fwd to see how Labrador go about this game after all the talk about state selections and non selections.
Swans as they are at home.
Aspley as I tossed the coin.

My Tips are:
Lions
Thunder
Southport
Redlands
Swans

Southport by 6 goals as they are the best team
NT by 70 points in Darwin where they don't lose
Cats by 3 goals at home- just travelling better than round 2.
Aspley to whack injury hit Redland by 50 points
Swans over Suns down there. Older bodies.

Round 10

Winners in BOLD

NT Thunder v Mt Gravatt

Southport v Labrador

Aspley v Redland

My tips for the week,

Broadbeach
NT Thunder
Southport
Aspley
Sydney Swans

Port Adelaide by 10 goals in the Foxtel Cup

Well done Panthers very impressive, future looks good with the young blokes. Hey chika is Jason Duce up here as assistant coach of the siders? Good pick bunter.

Remove this Banner Ad

NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back