Review Neagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Could have been a good move though, seems as if he's had the time to lose a bit of weight.

Instead of carrying it around, and losing more and more confidence as each game passed by...

He does look leaner. Hard to argue that it wouldn't have happened at AFL level though, given that only this year has he finally gotten over his ankle problems.

Having said that he shouldn't have been dropped, don't take that to mean that he shouldn't have been dropped if he was not performing at AFL level over time, thereby nipping any 'confidence wreckers' in the bud.

He needs the experience, and geez it was a lot of games to miss out on.

I still reckon Hurley is a FB.

I think MMM were talking to Fletcher before the match and he said something about Hurley being a FB and being played there today instead of CHF.

Hurley has looked lost for the majority of the year up forward. I dont actually think he was that good today but he seems alot more comfortable down back.

Thought Neagle was pretty good today, clunked some good grabs when given a chnace based on disposal and is just a smart footballer when he gets the ball, just MUST be persisted with!

I was really pleased with his game today.

He would've won a lot more ball deep but the players were just simply inept or blind to kick the ball to his advantage.

He would continually make space to the 'phat side' of the ground and the players would kick it to the other side meaning that he would have to double back and would be behind is opponent. Drove me ****en mad.

You can't see those sorts of things on TV but on Level 3 you pick a lot more up.

Played well but will be dropped this week for reasons unknown (see Neagle, Reimers, Myers, Melksham, Slattery for cases in point).

Was pretty good today, as has been stated a number of times by other posters he should never have been dropped in the first place. Now that he is back i hope they keep him there, he's the only one of our key forward options that look like they belong at FF. Hurley and Gumby are both better up the ground and there is room to play Hurley in the backline fore the rest of the season. I think Neagle would benefit from Williams was in the side also, as he gets lost sometimes and runs to areas where the ball can't get to him. A more experienced forward helping with positioning would do him the world of good.

Was really impressed with his game, that lovely pin point kick to Ryder leading out of the 50 was simply superb (apparently his field kicking has been an issue, it's not as good as his goal kicking)..

Really really good today, took some lovely marks, hopefully with the inclusion of Gumby next week at CHF, Neagle may be able to play his normal game and take on the full back in a one on one contest and use those big hips of his to get that big frame in the way to clunk a grab..

He would've won a lot more ball deep but the players were just simply inept or blind to kick the ball to his advantage.

He would continually make space to the 'phat side' of the ground and the players would kick it to the other side meaning that he would have to double back and would be behind is opponent. Drove me ****en mad.
Yeah that shitted me big time too. I thought he was one of the few positives today. Even when we kicked it on his he didn't give up and contested well and spoiled a few marks and laid some good tackles. I wasn't expecting much from him but he impressed me. Absolute lunacy if he gets dropped.

You can't see those sorts of things on TV but on Level 3 you pick a lot more up.

Played well but will be dropped this week for reasons unknown (see Neagle, Reimers, Myers, Melksham, Slattery for cases in point).

I saw it a little different at times however. At moments you are correct about the players kicking it to the wrong side of Neagle. However, on many occasions Neagle would lead out away from the player, but the player who had the ball wasn't in the right position to kick it to where he was leading.

Neagle needs to look at the player who has the ball, know what foot they kick on, where they are running and then lead to a position that is advantageous to both the team and the deliverer. That will come with playing within the team more regularly, however.

Today he was great. Gave off a few handballs, blocks and snagged a few. The most positive thing to come from today. He and Zaha, both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agreed was great today, keep this up and he has a future with the EFC moving forward..shocking kjicking into the f50 didnt help his cause.. if knights drops him i will never go to another game he is in charge of...

I thought he was very good in a poor team today.

For me though he doesn't look like he can play CHF as I don't think he is quick enough, but with a frame like that he will be a monster at FF :thumbsu: .

Essendon need midfielders but you have the most promising young KPPs in the league IMO.

Bendigo for the next year or two.

OK BtG.

Here's something for you.

We are banking on Gumbleton to be our savious and hopefully Jay can come on slowly..

Those two hold the KP posts in the seniors, whilst Hurley/Pears and Hooker hold down the KP posts down back.

again "Where do Carlisle and Still fit into long term equation of the EF?"

There is no possible way of answering that.

They could overtake any or all of our KPs, they could request a trade, they could be duds.

You need contingencies, and you have to make decisions as they come, not years ahead of time.

OK BtG.

Here's something for you.

We are banking on Gumbleton to be our savious and hopefully Jay can come on slowly..

Those two hold the KP posts in the seniors, whilst Hurley/Pears and Hooker hold down the KP posts down back.

again "Where do Carlisle and Still fit into long term equation of the EF?"

Err... Depth to cover injuries?
I've heard this can occasionally be useful to a team.

I swear I must be missing something here.

Neagle got two gimme goals in the goal square and did bugger all else except for a couple of chest marks.

Hurley should have been put down the back line when Pears first broke his arm to get used to a position and get some consistency. He has been in and out of games in the forward line and has looked lost to an extent.

Neagle got two gimme goals in the goal square and did bugger all else except for a couple of chest marks.

Yep in his first game back, getting 13 touches, 5 marks and kicking 3 goals with some of the worst delivery on record, rubbish game Absolute rubbish :rolleyes:

Yep in his first game back, getting 13 touches, 5 marks and kicking 3 goals with some of the worst delivery on record, rubbish game Absolute rubbish :rolleyes:

Two goals on a platter five chest marks and pumped in just about every one on one with his opponent. 13 touches = 3 per quarter don't get too excited. I will give you that for him they are huge stats.

Two goals on a platter five chest marks and pumped in just about every one on one with his opponent. 13 touches = 3 per quarter don't get too excited. I will give you that for him they are huge stats.

Which is miles better than Gumbleton has averaged all year...

Funny how its two goals on a platter, yet our other forwards don't seem to be able to get into advantageous positions or are too afraid to take the onus themselves.

From memory he only had a single one on one contest, because the midfielders were mucking around and don't have the balls to go long, so by the time the kick came in he was out of position, would have been a very frustrating day for Neagle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Neagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back