Ned Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn’t great - couldn’t believe he fronted up within half an hour of trade period ending, that was gutsy.

BUT....if Ned was given the directive to clear some bad contracts that were clogging up his list then mission accomplished.

He’s not been there that long - how much of the current issues are his handy work?

It’s unlikely they sack him I think.

In fairness it's probably a mutual decision (all the way to the draft picks received) involving 5 or so people and he's just the figurehead.

I don't know how any list manager could honestly sit there and say stuff like "strengthening the list" on the back of losing a gun in Treloar and two other decent players all for an essentially mid teens pick, when history shows that not just half those picks in that range bomb; but also that clubs regularly bomb all 4 or so picks in a single national draft, guaranteeing no clubs anything of a positive nature off the law of averages going into any given draft.

Wasn't there a rumour recently that he threatened to quit over the weekend?

Buckley is just as likely to be the person primarily responsible for the carnage in reality.

Equally compelling and uncomfortable to watch.

Tbh he did a reasonable job answering the questions given he was clearly covering up a fair bit.

Hilarious how much he pushed back on the draft, and emphasised bringing in talent after ousting three quality players.

I know the club was torched on the Treloar and Stephenson deals, but Pick 65 for Tom Phillips trade looks easily the worst deal among the three from a value POV. Hawks made out like bandits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Equally compelling and uncomfortable to watch.

Tbh he did a reasonable job answering the questions given he was clearly covering up a fair bit.

Hilarious how much he pushed back on the draft, and emphasised bringing in talent after ousting three quality players.

I know the club was torched on the Treloar and Stephenson deals, but Pick 65 for Tom Phillips trade looks easily the worst deal among the three from a value POV. Hawks made out like bandits.

Phillips is horrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ned Guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back